Wolf Alice tickets - Avoiding scam

NoBuses

Hey everyone, attempting to buy tickets for Wolf Alice Apollo show in London from someone on twitter, account looks perfectly legitimate and they sent me a picture of the tickets and booking conf for proof (all look perfectly legitimate), however someone else I know going to the same show has E-Tickets rather than physical ones. Is anyone here going and will be able to confirm if it's physical or E-Tickets? Cheers!

13 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Hey everyone, attempting to buy tickets for Wolf Alice Apollo show in London from someone on twitter, account looks perfectly legitimate and they sent me a picture of the tickets and booking conf for proof (all look perfectly legitimate), however someone else I know going to the same show has E-Tickets rather than physical ones. Is anyone here going and will be able to confirm if it's physical or E-Tickets? Cheers!

Viagogo is showing etickets and physical tickets on their website - the bottom is etickets.

image.png.260ceeef4f77aa6d7e7978889053ae49.png

1 hour ago, NoBuses said:

I have tickets for the Bristol show and SeeTickets wrote to me a while back advising that it would be changed to an eticket. I guess it depends on the venue and the ticket agent, which doesn't really help you at all, does it? 😂

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I have tickets for the Bristol show and SeeTickets wrote to me a while back advising that it would be changed to an eticket. I guess it depends on the venue and the ticket agent, which doesn't really help you at all, does it? 😂

I had the exact for the Apollo show. They've changed them from physical tickets to e-tickets.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Wow they're expensive on those sites. Hoping twickets can help me out in the week leading up to the liverpool one, all being well. 

I’ve found twitter quite good recently - given its in the middle of January tons of people will unfortunately be testing positive so you’ll have a good chance of finding some i reckon. Good luck!

I have had an alert on Twickets for Manchester where they are playing two nights. I have a seat ticket (only one I could get when they were on) and I wa going to try and buy a standing ticket on twickets to swap. But it all got too complicated so I gave up. But reason for saying is that the tickets seem to be be both digital and physical going by the tickets going on sale. The one I have from See is physical and I don’t have it yet. So I would recommend you stalking twickets as when the tickets are sent out the people who don’t want to go anymore can sell them. But they are going very fast. Twickets is a great reselling site and should be used instead of the other sites especially fucking viagogo. 

On 12/27/2021 at 8:43 PM, NoBuses said:

I’ve bought tickets on Twitter a few times - a good rule of thumb is to never use a bank transfer or PayPal “friends and family”. 

Always pay people with PayPal goods and services and write a note on the transfer saying what it’s for. 

That way, if you have been scammed, PayPal will give you the money back. 

Anyone pushing for PayPal friends and family is generally a scammer. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 9:13 AM, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve got a ticket for Hammersmith on the 18th that I’d be looking to sell or exchange if I can find one for Birmingham a week later.

If anyone comes acros any spares for Brum please give me a shout.

I’ve got a spare standing for Manchester on the 13th if it’s any use

7 hours ago, jyoung said:

Reckon I could cop one of these?! 🙏

Yep! 👍 It's an e-ticket with See, so I presume I can just send you the PDF file? Doesn't seem to be an option like there is on Ticketmaster to 'transfer'. Although I have a ticket with Ticketmaster I could use instead...

Screenshot_20220104-063215~2.png

Edited by vintagelaureate

I have two seated tickets spare for the Thursday 20th Jan show at Hammersmith.  

Think they were £75 inc all the fees etc.

If anyone genuine from this site wants them then DM me, would prefer to  go to someone who uses this site or has been registered for a while rather than someone who pops up just to sell them on elsewhere....

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yep! 👍 It's an e-ticket with See, so I presume I can just send you the PDF file? Doesn't seem to be an option like there is on Ticketmaster to 'transfer'. Although I have a ticket with Ticketmaster I could use instead...

Screenshot_20220104-063215~2.png

Whatever is easier for you my friend!

2 hours ago, jyoung said:

Whatever is easier for you my friend!

I bought two off Ticketmaster, then a friend who loves the band missed out, so I gave them them for her and her partner. Then managed to randomly bag one off See for myself. However, the friend has had to drop out due to a family thing, leaving their ticket(s) spare...

Life story there. 😂