internal server errors

dotdash79

2 hours ago, assorted said:

Yes, coming to the site for the first time every day there is a considerable timeout for me. First request and sometimes multiple pages after (timeout, then error 500). It eventually behaves normally. Until the next day.

Pretty much the same as my experience. 

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, around midnight it goes down fully until I fall asleep. Is it running some sort of batch job/maintenance?

nope there's nothig running to cause that.

8 hours ago, Neil said:

nope there's nothig running to cause that.

It's pretty consistently happening - did it again last night as was still down around 1.  BTW, is all this info useful?  I'm offering it in the spirit of a detailed bug report, not complaining - just trying to give as much info as possible to help sort stuff out.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

55 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's pretty consistently happening - did it again last night as was still down around 1.  BTW, is all this info useful?  I'm offering it in the spirit of a detailed bug report, not complaining - just trying to give as much info as possible to help sort stuff out.

info like this might be useful, as it might  draw my attention to a particular thing. i still need to fix some of the stuff i broke when i deleted the server and i'm making slow progress with those, i'm not here tomorrow morning  as i'm playing walking football gagain, i haven't recovered from last week yet).

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Are you running on the same hardware/OS/version of web server as before? 

Its the same hardware. With all the same software. I might need to try tweaking some of the php settings. 

If I go to the Glastonbury/Chat page and see the list of threads, I typically open each thread that I'm interested in in a new tab. If I haven't been online in a bit, there can be 10+ new tabs that I'm opening up.

I do all this from the Chat page by clicking the scroll wheel on my mouse, so I only look at the tabs once I have finished opening them all.

I've noticed that the first new tab I open, always gets the 500 error, whereas the rest all open with no issues.

I'm certainly not complaining or anything (after all, I just need to refresh the one that doesn't load), but I thought it might be useful in terms of debugging the issue!

6 hours ago, northernringo said:

If I go to the Glastonbury/Chat page and see the list of threads, I typically open each thread that I'm interested in in a new tab. If I haven't been online in a bit, there can be 10+ new tabs that I'm opening up.

I do all this from the Chat page by clicking the scroll wheel on my mouse, so I only look at the tabs once I have finished opening them all.

I've noticed that the first new tab I open, always gets the 500 error, whereas the rest all open with no issues.

I'm certainly not complaining or anything (after all, I just need to refresh the one that doesn't load), but I thought it might be useful in terms of debugging the issue!

That's broadly consistent with my experience. Maybe something to do with sessions.  @eFestivals what kind of hardware setup do you have?  A single LAMP server? Cluster behind a load balancer? Anything particularly exotic that could lead to the first couple of requests failing? Any kind of caching services (e.g Redis?)

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's broadly consistent with my experience. Maybe something to do with sessions.  @eFestivals what kind of hardware setup do you have?  A single LAMP server? Cluster behind a load balancer? Anything particularly exotic that could lead to the first couple of requests failing? Any kind of caching services (e.g Redis?)

its fairly vanilla, single LAMP server with no load balancing. there's a second LAMP server involved(as i have two) but i'm not sure where the 2nd one is used nowadays. maybe for serving some graphics.

i've got a bit lucky with my backups, for some reason my NAS disks decided to corrupt themselves, and when repaired, my domain backups and configs have disappeared. i think all of the domain files have already been uploaded to the live server, so they're not lost, i'd have been screwed if this had happened few weeks ago.

i might still have backups, as i backed up a via a backup programme, rather than a copy of the files.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:42 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

That's broadly consistent with my experience. Maybe something to do with sessions.  @eFestivals what kind of hardware setup do you have?  A single LAMP server? Cluster behind a load balancer?

single lamp no balencer.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:42 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Anything particularly exotic that could lead to the first couple of requests failing? Any kind of caching services (e.g Redis?)

no redis

i think the error is caused by the not found error of the'latest tourdates' box. a moment ago the forums loaded ok, and then a minute later gave the internal server error, i'll try to get it fixed soon.

Edited by Neil