internal server errors

dotdash79

apologies for the further problems, because rthere were a lot of recovered files from the last problem, the server disk filled up, its sorted now and hopefully things will run smoothly.

theres currently some reindexing of the databases happening, and also the daily backup -  which might make things a bit slower than normal. hopefully things will run smoothly when they've finished.

I’m sorry to ask a stupid question as I’m a bit late to the party but could someone point me to a post outlining what’s happening with the efestivals website? 

I gather there have been some problems but I don’t know why. Are there plans to bring it back in full or is it remaining as a forum-only site? It was always my go-to for festival news before the pandemic and I miss it.

On 1/3/2022 at 5:48 PM, JanieM28 said:

I’m sorry to ask a stupid question as I’m a bit late to the party but could someone point me to a post outlining what’s happening with the efestivals website? 

I gather there have been some problems but I don’t know why. Are there plans to bring it back in full or is it remaining as a forum-only site? It was always my go-to for festival news before the pandemic and I miss it.

some of your questions are answered here

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

I'm still getting 500 errors pretty frequently, btw. 

yeah me too, will raise a ticket with the forum peeps a buit later(am busy today) to try and get it cured.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Cool I'll give it a go. Not sure why it would do anything as it's a server comms error, but computers are weird. (I say this as I also got a few 504 server errors last night, so less generic than the 500s.)

some of the templates don't have all the same elements on the page.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

And it seems to be almost unusable at midnight. Sometimes it's more likely than not to get a 500 error. It's pretty bad at the moment to be honest, sorry 😞

thanks for testing my theory.

At the moment, I'm having to make a lot of page requests twice. It's pretty hard to quantify "a lot", but potentially up to half of page reloads fail on first attempt, they hang. Hit stop, reload page and you're in. Either way, the forums are pretty poorly at the moment.  I'm still on the default theme, but it seems to be behaving identically as far as I can tell.

Actually, after having to refresh a few times to get to this post, I've been clicking around the site and it seems fine for the time being, just as good as before the big crash. I wonder if it's cache or session related, as it always seems to misbehave when I check it after a couple of hours.

I'll happily do any testing you can dream up.