Best wellington boots

Respectfatfrog

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Those grips don't look brilliant.

This is the one I have which is a couple of quid more.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-Boot-Jack-Welly-Puller-Scraper-Cleaner-Shoe-Remover-Andrew-James-/164709054158?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

30 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Has anyone done Glasto in high heels the whole time? I'll pay for someone's ticket if they do and film the fun for me*!

*Must also secure me, the missus and a couple of buddies tickets in the resale.

Get me some size 11 high heels and a ticket and I'm in. 

high heels smiling GIF

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:
3 hours ago, sime said:

I wear simple black Dunlop wellies. They've never let me down and last for years. 

This is a lie, surely, or you walk in a manner which doesn't stress the wellies?!

Same for me. A pair of green Dunlop wellies (I can't imagine I paid over £20 for them) have lasted multiple Glastonbury's. I do have a cushioned inner sole inside which makes for a better fit, and wear long socks to keep it all comfortable. I have taken walking boots to Glastonbury as well but years like 2016 wellies won hands down.

I do confess that with a caravan I'm able to take a bit more clothing and have an old pair of Dunlop wellies just in case.  But unless it's exceptionally bad I still choose walking boots as a preference.

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I have SealSkinz and they are great. During the summer I walk the dog in trainers and if there's a downpour I put SealSkinz on - walked through ankle deep puddles, soaked the trainers and my feet stayed dry. These are the ones I'd recommend: https://www.sealskinz.com/products/waterproof-warm-weather-mid-length-sock-with-hydrostop?variant=36106219520149

I have had the luxury of never experiencing a wet Glastonbury, but I did a muddy Beautiful Days in trainers and Sealskinz last summer and had no issues at all. I can't see myself ever wearing anything but trainers at a festival.  

How would these socks fair if they were used for 2-3 days on the bounce in very wet conditions - would they dry easy enough of hung up in the tent each night, assuming the outside can still get wet? This might be a ridiculous question - I'm just wondering if 1 pair are enoughfor a wet festival.

(Not that there'll be any rain at GF22!)

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

How would these socks fair if they were used for 2-3 days on the bounce in very wet conditions - would they dry easy enough of hung up in the tent each night, assuming the outside can still get wet? This might be a ridiculous question - I'm just wondering if 1 pair are enoughfor a wet festival.

im going to do a test in a bit when mine arrive ... ive no memory of any issues .... the outer bit gets wet like a waterproof coat but dries similar 

6 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Dries quickly. I'd get 2 pairs though - one pair would be honking after 5 days, and you might get issues with chafing from sweat inside. I wore them for three days at BD - I wore a pair of sports socks (decent ones) under them for additional comfort and sweat wicking. 

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Has anyone done Glasto in high heels the whole time? I'll pay for someone's ticket if they do and film the fun for me*!

That is one niche kinky request. I assume you want them after for sniffing purposes

Edited by fred quimby

55 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Same for me. A pair of green Dunlop wellies (I can't imagine I paid over £20 for them) have lasted multiple Glastonbury's. I do have a cushioned inner sole inside which makes for a better fit, and wear long socks to keep it all comfortable. I have taken walking boots to Glastonbury as well but years like 2016 wellies won hands down.

Did you try wearing boots in 2016?  It was perfect boots weather to me - very muddy, but not shit loads of deep standing water.  I never once felt the need to switch to wellies that year, but did see people losing their wellies in the mud.

48 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Did you try wearing boots in 2016?  It was perfect boots weather to me - very muddy, but not shit loads of deep standing water.  I never once felt the need to switch to wellies that year, but did see people losing their wellies in the mud.

Yep, I tried both in 2016 and boots were much better.

That's not to say boots are perfect.  Funnily enough, it wasn't any of the muddy festivals that defeated my boots - it was the dew on the long grass at Worthy Pastures.  I didn't bother with the waterproof socks, so my feet and boots were utterly soaked by walking up King's Meadow after the sun had gone down in long grass.  Wellies would have been fine.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's not to say boots are perfect.  Funnily enough, it wasn't any of the muddy festivals that defeated my boots - it was the dew on the long grass at Worthy Pastures.  I didn't bother with the waterproof socks, so my feet and boots were utterly soaked by walking up King's Meadow after the sun had gone down in long grass.  Wellies would have been fine.

Though presumably that would have been solved by either Gaiters, or higher boots?

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Same happened to me. Wasn't Worthy Farm related but the wettest I've ever gotten in boots has come from walking through long, dewy grass.

I've got a pair of heavy duty walking boots that go up past the ankles. Always wondered how those in boots that are more like trainers coped. 

If it's trainers weather a pair of vans did me fine. Be aware though, even in scorchio 2019 there was still relatively bad mud in parts of the SE corner on the Wednesday.