What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

In regards to booking annual leave in my experience (unless you need a day or two beforehand for travel) don't book time off before the festival.

I did it once many moons ago (booked the Monday off) and it was honestly the slowest day I've ever encountered. Excruciating. 

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

In regards to booking annual leave in my experience (unless you need a day or two beforehand for travel) don't book time off before the festival.

I did it once many moons ago (booked the Monday off) and it was honestly the slowest day I've ever encountered. Excruciating. 

In all my years of going I've always worked the Monday and Tuesday, would feel like the clock would be going backwards otherwise.

An old friend of mine who doesn't come to the festival anymore used to book two weeks off for it, he would travel back from London to his parents house in Oxford where we live on the weekend then have Mon and Tues to himself, said he used to get bored as everyone else was at work and would be chomping at the bit to go by the time Weds AM rolled round!

First day back at work so checked in here. Then felt miserable as I don't have a ticket. Unless something miraculous happens in the next 10 weeks I won't be able to go for the resale either, so I may well be logging off from April-August. 

23 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I won't be able to go until the Thursday so I only really need four days of AL - Thur, Fri, Mon, Tue.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I won't be able to go until the Thursday so I only really need four days of AL - Thur, Fri, Mon, Tue.

I think I'm at the stage now where I probably wouldn't mind turning up Thursday AM. Would probably make the whole thing a lot less stressful and one less day drunk/high would improve my recovery time.

But my FOMO would go off the scale and wouldn't be able to handle a day at work knowing everyone else is already down there and having a good time.

Sigh.

28 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

First day back at work so checked in here. Then felt miserable as I don't have a ticket. Unless something miraculous happens in the next 10 weeks I won't be able to go for the resale either, so I may well be logging off from April-August. 

Why can't you go for the resale? You and I need to develop some kind of education based experience that festivals need/want.

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think I'm at the stage now where I probably wouldn't mind turning up Thursday AM. Would probably make the whole thing a lot less stressful and one less day drunk/high would improve my recovery time.

But my FOMO would go off the scale and wouldn't be able to handle a day at work knowing everyone else is already down there and having a good time.

Sigh.

Yeah same .. by the Sunday I’m a dead man walking (with a stupid hat ) 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yeah same .. by the Sunday I’m a dead man walking (with a stupid hat ) 

The Sunday in 2017 I could barely do a thing, I just lounged around the campsite until late afternoon, then watched a couple of things (Courteeners, Biffy Clyro and Ed Sheeran)  and then went to bed. Fairly poor by my standards, but I was just completely out of energy.  

I think if I had turned up Thurs AM rather than Weds AM that might not have been the case (plus we stayed in a hotel near the site on the Tuesday)

9 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Why can't you go for the resale? You and I need to develop some kind of education based experience that festivals need/want.

A little thing called my financial situation...

We really do need to do that. Any ideas for a starter? On site school a la Bestival? 

25 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Sigh.

I can live without the Wednesday these days, as you say it's an extra day to recover from...

13 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

A little thing called my financial situation...

We really do need to do that. Any ideas for a starter? On site school a la Bestival? 

Not a concrete starting point, but I have been exploring a few ideas!

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I can live without the Wednesday these days, as you say it's an extra day to recover from...

I dare say, if I did it once I probably wouldn't go back to Weds AM arrival. 

As it turns out this year we are on a see tickets coach, but may consider it for 2023 (tickets permitting) if I can accept that I will be camped on the outskirts of the festival.

Heck, even a Wednesday evening arrival might be enough to make all the difference!

30 minutes ago, gfa said:

Tried to find a mallet in town today, to no avail. Looks like I'll be paying Bezos a visit if I can't find one next time I go

Steer clear of the mallets it gives gut rot … on a serious note I don’t think I’ve ever needed a mallet although the year with the biodegradable tent pegs it might have helped possibly ? One extra thing you don’t need to carry 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Steer clear of the mallets it gives gut rot … on a serious note I don’t think I’ve ever needed a mallet although the year with the biodegradable tent pegs it might have helped possibly ? One extra thing you don’t need to carry 

I don't know you know... it'll be a nightmare getting pegs into that sun scorched rock solid dried out June Worthy ground.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Haha - always find they are useful to have and make you popular with the neighbours. Definitely depends on ground conditions, don't want to bend my tent pegs 🙂