news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

This is a very good package of policies to deal with the energy crises. 

loabour propoaes covering people's gas bills via a windfall tax on suppliers labour proposes cutting vat on energy, so doesn't have the money to cover people's bills.

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

love that

i got turned on to that via radio four at about 4am this morning that mc abdulla is only 12, and they can only meet with a fence between them.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

came across this banging track last night, quite political, a collAB BETWEEN AN ISREALI AND A Palestinian.

give it a listen.

When I Google then it seems that Israeli is an Israeli arab. Assumed it was some kind of cross cultural reconciliatory collaboration. Good tune though.

6 hours ago, Neil said:

loabour propoaes covering people's gas bills via a windfall tax on suppliers labour proposes cutting vat on energy, so doesn't have the money to cover people's bills.

Suppliers put up prices to recover lost profits. Energy bills go up.

2 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Which goes up twice a year.

But is still far too low for any supplier to currently make a profit. Thankfully, the supplier I work for is one of the 3 who are exempt from the price cap so at least we're safe from going bust and our jobs are safe. Too many people weren't so lucky.

The green and social levies need to be removed from customers bills and be covered by general taxation, that's a much fairer way to do it. Like I said earlier in the thread, I've never understood why fossil fuel subsidies come from general taxation but renewable subsidies are put on energy bills.