Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Likewise, I don’t remember seeing any information about her playing this year. Someone posted recently that there was information a while ago, I think from the ever reliable@endswithMJ, that she was lined up to headline the Pyramid in 2021. I’m not expecting her to play this year given her other tour dates and given she seems to be headlining everywhere she plays but it would be strange to agree to headline the Other stage after previously being lined up for the Pyramid.

She has tour dates around Glastonbury - it would be bizarre if she wasn’t back when her tour dates look like she is playing. The festivals she is headlining aren’t at the same size of Glastonbury anyway. Finally, being absent from R&L makes me pretty confident she is at Glastonbury. 

39 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She has tour dates around Glastonbury - it would be bizarre if she wasn’t back when her tour dates look like she is playing. The festivals she is headlining aren’t at the same size of Glastonbury anyway. Finally, being absent from R&L makes me pretty confident she is at Glastonbury. 

Again she is a fan of the fest so will likely be there as a punter anyway even if she is not performing (like she did in 2019)

12 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Likewise, I don’t remember seeing any information about her playing this year. Someone posted recently that there was information a while ago, I think from the ever reliable@endswithMJ, that she was lined up to headline the Pyramid in 2021. I’m not expecting her to play this year given her other tour dates and given she seems to be headlining everywhere she plays but it would be strange to agree to headline the Other stage after previously being lined up for the Pyramid.

Personally I reckon she was possibly lined up with the idea she would have had more of an impact between that time and currently. Sales wise would suggest she needs more happening. She looks like she's forgotten about the music and just let social media and influencing rubbish take over.

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Her tour dates don't look like it though, Glastonbury is very strangely placed for where she's going to and from that period.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Her tour dates don't look like it though, Glastonbury is very strangely placed for where she's going to and from that period.

How? She’s doing European festivals at the time and has the Friday and Saturday free. It’s quite common for acts to play consecutive nights in different countries. It might be less common with older/heritage acts but we’ve had plenty of examples of this before.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How? She’s doing European festivals at the time and has the Friday and Saturday free. It’s quite common for acts to play consecutive nights in different countries. It might be less common with older/heritage acts but we’ve had plenty of examples of this before.

Because I'm not sure I see her going from Finland to Glastonbury back to Norway the day after. If she was in France, Germany, Belgium or even Denmark maybe then okay. It's the further Scandinavian country away. She is having a day break in the middle of a lot of her tour dates unless they are same venue or travel is limited.

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Because I'm not sure I see her going from Finland to Glastonbury back to Norway the day after. If she was in France, Germany, Belgium or even Denmark maybe then okay. It's the further Scandinavian country away. She is having a day break in the middle of a lot of her tour dates unless they are same venue or travel is limited.

She’s playing in Finland on the Thursday and Norway on the Sunday. That’s not what is happening at all. She has both the Friday and Saturday free.

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She’s playing in Finland on the Thursday and Norway on the Sunday. That’s not what is happening at all. She has both the Friday and Saturday free.

Exactly so if she's is Finland on Thursday and travel to Glastonbury for Saturday then she's got to go to Norway the next day. Hence to the day break I mentioned about so it is what is happening. And to play Glastonbury Saturday would also mean she's having a day break from Finland too.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I didn't realise Christine Aguilera was still a thing.

I've not heard of anyone from the Friday, are they big names or is it one of those where the 1st day is smaller acts?

Just because Britney makes all the headlines doesnt mean the one with the vocal talent isnt still out there doing what she does best. And I saw her over the summer perform to a sold out crowd of 18,000, so still a thing somewhere in the world.

33 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm still reeling from the time they knocked it into the stratosphere in 2017...

Have only heard good things about their set, really hope its not too early for them to be back although can't see them anywhere else really (maybe Boomtown?)

18 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Just because Britney makes all the headlines doesnt mean the one with the vocal talent isnt still out there doing what she does best. And I saw her over the summer perform to a sold out crowd of 18,000, so still a thing somewhere in the world.

Your sense of humour comes off incredibly aggressive and unnecessary for no reason.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Other than taking her dad to court, I didn't realise Britney was still a thing.

Also not sure what she has to do with vocal talent.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Christina has had zero activity in Europe and the UK for a few years now, so it's perfectly understandable people here questioning whether she was still around. She's a legend and has some amazing hits and would be amazing on the Pyramid somewhere, but she's simply not been present and active in pop culture here in the same way she has in the US.

Edited by jannybruck

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Christina has had zero activity in Europe and the UK for a few years now, so it's perfectly understandable people here questioning whether she was still around. She's a legend and has some amazing hits and would be amazing on the Pyramid somewhere, but she's simply not been present and active in pop culture here in the same way she has in the US.

Christina feels like a Janet Jackson, Shakira, Carrie Underwood style booking like they’ve done in recent years. I think it would go down well and be a nice surprise.

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Her last tour over here was only at the back end of 2019, when you consider touring over here during the pandemic wasn't a viable option she's not been absent for long

Just now, OnlyRevolutions said:

Her last tour over here was only at the back end of 2019, when you consider touring over here during the pandemic wasn't a viable option she's not been absent for long

True, but that was a tour off an album that didn't really make a splash (though was very good) and she did no promo for it here. Just in terms of general public visibility in the States she was on The Voice for years and all sorts of promo over the water, so she's just a lot more present. Either way, I can totally understand why people in the UK would be like "oh she's still around?" – it's not an insult to her incredible talent.