6 months till the festival

Crazyfool01

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so the countdown hits 6 months .... what do you look forward to most in the build up ?  what are your favourite threads ?  When does your prep begin ? 

1) everything. 2) them all. 3)already started 

ok, truthfully, seeing the first poster drop, weather and ticket delivery threads, around Easter! 
and not forgetting the resale thread, that’s important 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Am actually quite excited to experience this forum during the buildup once things are moving full speed ahead. First time I went to Glastonbury I wasn't on here, and then for 2019 I didn't get a ticket so just avoided this section of the site haha. 

Not sure about prep though. I'm the sort of person that packs for a festival the night before which I should really avoid this time, but I have no idea where to start...

I’m looking forward to the first official announcement after the new year (unless it’s THAT one), just to ease any nerves people have.

And resale Sunday to get the MIAs over the line.

Prep wise? Definitely need new boots. And a new flagpole. And maybe a new fresh and black if I’m feeling flush. Will take a look at the sales perhaps..

for me its all about the resale obviously .... think ive got all the bits and pieces I need , maybe some new seal skinz waterproof socks are in order .... once resale is done I might do some fancy dress , but im thinking about removing the LED strips from my suit and UV painting it .... the UV torch is less likely to break than the flexing LED strips ..... I do wish the farm would allow lasers though 

Looking forward to the updated map, finding out what's on Avalon (where I tend to spend the most time), a little bird tells me it will be close to what was being lined up for 2020 if the same acts want to/can do it, hoping for a Macca announcement so I have at least one Pyramid headliner to see but mainly just getting there. Tent up, mattress inflated and a can opened, enjoying the morning as the rest of our camping group arrive from far and wide.

It's going to be the best ever. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Am actually quite excited to experience this forum during the buildup once things are moving full speed ahead. First time I went to Glastonbury I wasn't on here, and then for 2019 I didn't get a ticket so just avoided this section of the site haha. 

Not sure about prep though. I'm the sort of person that packs for a festival the night before which I should really avoid this time, but I have no idea where to start...

Similar boat, not been before and had mostly been in the Reading / Other UK forums until events started up again.

3 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

I’m looking forward to the first official announcement after the new year (unless it’s THAT one), just to ease any nerves people have.

And resale Sunday to get the MIAs over the line.

Prep wise? Definitely need new boots. And a new flagpole. And maybe a new fresh and black if I’m feeling flush. Will take a look at the sales perhaps..

For the fresh n black, I managed to get a used once one for about £30 off monitoring this ebay search:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Quechua-Camping-Tents/179010/bn_9736069?rt=nc&_dcat=179010&_from=R40&_sop=10

Save the search and signup to email alerts, you should soon be able to find a suitable one!

--

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

so the countdown hits 6 months .... what do you look forward to most in the build up ?  what are your favourite threads ?  When does your prep begin ? 

1 - first lineup drop, also resale for people on here + our group still in need of tickets

2 - we'll have to see, ticket delivery will be a fun one for sure

3 - prep probably a week before, big festival shop and thats it. On the coach so most of the alcohol will be with our friends who are driving. i'm the main planner and while i don't stress till near the end, if everything isn't sorted a day or two before i will get pretty agitated

I think i'm probably most excited to get the tent pitched and crack open the first tin - no better feeling in the world than that (and will no doubt be even better experiencing it inside the fence!). Saying that the first tin will probably be cracked open on the coach, if not on the way to the coach!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Eek, let's hope we both make it! 

Edited by StoneCircle

2 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Eek, let's hope we both make it! 

indeed ... squeaky bum time ... although with an earlier resale that might give a bit longer to look for work if needed ...ill remain optimistic there will be a way to get there ... id just selfishly want a standard ticket 🙂 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

indeed ... squeaky bum time ... although with an earlier resale that might give a bit longer to look for work if needed ...ill remain optimistic there will be a way to get there ... id just selfishly want a standard ticket 🙂 

Oxfam for me, luckily I have priority!  Fingers crossed for us both! 

13 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

In 2019 I failed to get a ticket, the resale was April, and four of us were going in for it....then the Shelter/Avalon Events places came up to work on a bar for a £300 deposit and I had to make a decision to go for that (and stick with it) before the resale.  

So I signed up to work on the bar, then annoyingly the remaining three that went for the resale got tickets and I would have been able to have one had I still required it. 

That all said working at the festival was a new experience for me, I went to Bristol on the Monday and met other volunteers who were staying there ahead of the coach to Worthy Farm the following morning, made new friends, was on site a day early, no queues to get in, free hot showers, free meal tokens, a few free drinks and a lot of laughs and hung around with other people rather than just my own normal crowd.

I did miss a fair few things, but I also saw a completely different side to the festival, and having gone 12 times previously it was good to do something different to separate it out from the rest as after a while they all melt into one, 2019 will always be remembered for me as the 'one I worked at in soaring heat'

This year I have a normal ticket and it would be my preference each time, but working on the bar wasn't terrible, one or two narky customers was about it and everyone else working is in the same boat its not like normal work!

I hope you get a resale ticket but I would say go for working on a bar as a back up if you can its a great laugh. 🙂 

18 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Looking forward to the updated map, finding out what's on Avalon (where I tend to spend the most time), a little bird tells me it will be close to what was being lined up for 2020 if the same acts want to/can do it, hoping for a Macca announcement so I have at least one Pyramid headliner to see but mainly just getting there. Tent up, mattress inflated and a can opened, enjoying the morning as the rest of our camping group arrive from far and wide.

It's going to be the best ever. 

15B394E7-65A8-4D3E-B76B-231826FF392F.thumb.jpeg.3b394455b681271df2729c680c97647f.jpeg

less that six months now!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris