Kalorama 2022

gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Hopefully stuff soon yep! Can't get on with portugese bands, just not interested in music in a different language to be honest. Will check out Xinobi thanks

I see. But those that I suggested sing in English, and Club Makumba is just instrumental...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just had our airbnb cancelled by host... great. probably noticed it was a festival weekend.

Looked into the bungalow thing only to find its miles away with no way of getting there. I saw NOS alive ends at 4am and Rock in Rio Lisboa ends at 2am, what would we expect for this. Hoping for 4am 🙂 

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Just had our airbnb cancelled by host... great. probably noticed it was a festival weekend.

Looked into the bungalow thing only to find its miles away with no way of getting there. I saw NOS alive ends at 4am and Rock in Rio Lisboa ends at 2am, what would we expect for this. Hoping for 4am 🙂 

First, I complained to Airbnb.
Second , the festival must end at 2 am . Not 100% sure, the festival is completely new.

4 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

First, I complained to Airbnb.
Second , the festival must end at 2 am . Not 100% sure, the festival is completely new.

Host said they are selling the apartment so not really sure what they could do to be honest. Our new airbnb has rejected us so ive sent airbnb a complaint.

NOS Alive is at the same park till 4am in July, would it definitely end at 2am have you see this on licensing somewhere? thanks for help - as long as headliners are in the dark thats the main thing anyway 🙂

My mistake NOS Alive was elsewhere whoops. @Daniel Ferreira any idea about shuttle buses / trains for after the shows? it seems they end around midnight-1am. Also is there a shuttle bus to the camping area. sorry for the questions but the kalorama site is awful!

EDIT: 30% off our new airbnb, major result !!

Edited by gfa

8 hours ago, gfa said:

My mistake NOS Alive was elsewhere whoops. @Daniel Ferreira any idea about shuttle buses / trains for after the shows? it seems they end around midnight-1am. Also is there a shuttle bus to the camping area. sorry for the questions but the kalorama site is awful!

EDIT: 30% off our new airbnb, major result !!

I agree , the site is horrible ... the festival is the first time , it will be in the same place as Rock in rio ... there is a metro station on the edge , you will have many taxis and buses .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I agree , the site is horrible ... the festival is the first time , it will be in the same place as Rock in rio ... there is a metro station on the edge , you will have many taxis and buses .

I've found they are good at responding to emails so i've sent them a message. Lots of buses even at night? day time transport looks fantastic just worried about later on and we ideally don't want to do cabs every night. thanks 🙂 

On 7/26/2022 at 10:09 AM, gfa said:

I've found they are good at responding to emails so i've sent them a message. Lots of buses even at night? day time transport looks fantastic just worried about later on and we ideally don't want to do cabs every night. thanks 🙂 

Festival has now confirmed to me that the venue opens at 3pm, concerts start at 5pm, the venue closes at 2am.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LikeEverythingElse said:

So, are still expecting any new names on this? I feel like all headliners have been announced but the third day still seems kinda empty.

I expect a few more names, none of big size, but not much more. Looking for Cala Mijas, it should be more and less the same number of stages/bands (perhaps a little bit less).

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Flynny101 said:

Saturday looks really sparse in comparison. Terrible programming letting disclosure and meute clash at the end of the night considering nick cave is on at 9.00 and disclosure don’t start until 00.45

Schedule is very strange, i agree. Huge gaps between artists too from what i gather, disclosure have a very short set that could be longer for instance

Agreed, a 2+ hour nick cave set is a treat. That only takes you up to 11.30 though… the night is young.From a purely selfish point of view, nick cave, meute and disclosure were the pick of the bunch from that day so would’ve liked to have seen it scheduled better. Disclosure and meute I feel would attract a similar crowd so on the last night of the festival would’ve been better to keep them separate. Not sure how well tickets have sold for that day so if a lot of people head away after nick cave it might be a quiet couple of stages depending on who people want to see. However, look forward to it Regardless.

2 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

We’re staying in Lisbon centre and only going for the Arctic Monkeys day. I emailed the festival about getting there and back but they weren’t very helpful. Anyone any idea how how to get there and back from the centre? Particularly back given how late it will finish. 

tons of options for there. Way back its either walk or taxis i gather, no other way that runs

I emailed them ages ago and they just got back. Apparently theres more transport related stuff to be announced. cutting it a bit fine now!

On 8/22/2022 at 4:54 PM, EighteenSixty7 said:

We’re staying in Lisbon centre and only going for the Arctic Monkeys day. I emailed the festival about getting there and back but they weren’t very helpful. Anyone any idea how how to get there and back from the centre? Particularly back given how late it will finish. 

46 minutes ago, gfa said:

I emailed them ages ago and they just got back. Apparently theres more transport related stuff to be announced. cutting it a bit fine now!

thank you, run out of plus votes!

looking forward to it but the comms/website could be better. Don’t mind walking back into the centre but not ideal given how late it will be. 

3 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

thank you, run out of plus votes!

looking forward to it but the comms/website could be better. Don’t mind walking back into the centre but not ideal given how late it will be. 

Ah look what they posted! https://www.instagram.com/p/ChpyTu8M-F5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
edit: i think this goes to outside lisbon

Edited by gfa