Kalorama 2022

gfa

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Unfortunately I agree - which is a shame as honestly it makes Kalorama look weak in comparison (would have quite liked Liam)

I would have been shocked if it was Liam since he’s playing Rock in Rio. 

how big are Ornatos Violeta in Portugal? I know nothing about them but they seem to be the same size font as Chemical Brothers and Kraftwerk… could they be the third headliner? 

18 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I would have been shocked if it was Liam since he’s playing Rock in Rio. 

how big are Ornatos Violeta in Portugal? I know nothing about them but they seem to be the same size font as Chemical Brothers and Kraftwerk… could they be the third headliner? 

They are a cult band, and maybe the biggest  indie/rock band in Portugal, that officially ended in 2002,  after 2 very sucessfull albuns.   In 2012 they returned for a special 10 year anniversary since their ending, doing  1 festival show, and 6 indoor shows, in 2 different venues, and going to sleep  after that.  

In 2019 they made another return for about 3-4 special shows, in celebration of the 20th anniversary of their 2nd album,  and are coming back now, for 2 more special shows to celebrate their 30th anniversary (it was supposed to be in 2021)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 8:15 PM, Tigane said:

Nenhuma descrição disponível.

One week after Kalorama.  Maybe some of these names can go to Kalorama (like Years & Years).  And the theory i posted before, that Muse would be Headliners is again alive . Let's see what will happen

Does this and the other event in Malaga revealing line-ups indicate we might be closer to this event belatedly confirming stuff?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 8:15 PM, Tigane said:

One week after Kalorama.  Maybe some of these names can go to Kalorama (like Years & Years).  And the theory i posted before, that Muse would be Headliners is again alive . Let's see what will happen

Hold that thought - Muse just got announced as Foo Fighters' replacements for Rock in Rio Lisboa in June.

That probably counts as their Portuguese show instead of any likelihood of them turning up here right?

10 hours ago, charlierc said:

Hold that thought - Muse just got announced as Foo Fighters' replacements for Rock in Rio Lisboa in June.

That probably counts as their Portuguese show instead of any likelihood of them turning up here right?

Probably Rock in Rio may be their only show, but who knows.  Back  to square 1 when we think the headlineres are only  AM,  CHemical Brothers and Kraftwerk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 2:32 PM, Tigane said:

I doubt, because the size of naming in  AM, is different from the other headliners

agreed, although i fully thought am, chems and kraft were it originally!

On 6/13/2022 at 2:52 PM, bryano1000 said:

Are we expecting many more names for this? Any idea how many stages there will be? 

definitely a lot more for the final day, it didn't even have headliners until recently. 3-4 stages perhaps, i reckon it will be a similar size / setup to All Points East

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder when we're due more for this. Anyone heard about timings / any info. hope their a dj stage announced as there's likely going to be some fairly large gaps in my days as there's so much spanish/portugese stuff. Wish i'd known this and cala mijas's lineups earlier as i'd have likely done that!

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Wonder when we're due more for this. Anyone heard about timings / any info. hope their a dj stage announced as there's likely going to be some fairly large gaps in my days as there's so much spanish/portugese stuff. Wish i'd known this and cala mijas's lineups earlier as i'd have likely done that!

Timings...probably only the week earlier. For the rest, no idea, but wirh just one month and half to go, it should be soon.

For the Portuguese bands, why not give them a shot? There are great ones, like Club Makumba, Bruno Pernadas and Legendary Tigerman (all of them with international potential - in fact, they have done tours through Europe, US and Japan).

If you like electronic, Xinobi might be of your taste.

4 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

Timings...probably only the week earlier. For the rest, no idea, but wirh just one month and half to go, it should be soon.

For the Portuguese bands, why not give them a shot? There are great ones, like Club Makumba, Bruno Pernadas and Legendary Tigerman (all of them with international potential - in fact, they have done tours through Europe, US and Japan).

If you like electronic, Xinobi might be of your taste.

Hopefully stuff soon yep! Can't get on with portugese bands, just not interested in music in a different language to be honest. Will check out Xinobi thanks