Kalorama 2022

gfa

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, gfa said:

Really hoping for some more names too. From Cala Mijas i'm hoping for Hot Chip especially and hopefully some more UK acts

Hot Chip are already at Super Bock Super Rock.  It is only in a very few rare cases, that non-portuguese bands, go to more than one portuguese festival, in the same year

17 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Hot Chip are already at Super Bock Super Rock.  It is only in a very few rare cases, that non-portuguese bands, go to more than one portuguese festival, in the same year

Ah damnit, oh well

25 minutes ago, LikeEverythingElse said:

Noel Gallagher said he will be touring over summer, so maybe here? Also LCD Soundsystem are playing Bilbao. Other than that I don't know what big names could fit the bill. QOTSA? 

LCD Soundsystem are an European festival exclusive of BBK.

QOTSA might be an option. To be honest, being a new festival and already with AM, Chemical Brothers and Kraftwerk, do not expect much more huge names (maybe one more).

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Would Noel headline out in Portugal? No room if so. Hopefully some decent acts to come, the undercard has plenty of room to fill

I think he would only be headliner in Medium Sized festivals like Paredes de Coura or Super Bock Super Rock.  We don't yet if Kalorama intends to be a big or medium festival( however with the chosen venue i think they want it to be big). If we were talking about Oasis, they would definetely be headliners anywhere, but i don't think neither Noel and Liam solo acts are hyped enough in Portugal .   However with my last post i think  we are going to have Muse as headliners,  and  since    they are in other festivals with Arctic Monkeys at close dates of Kalorama, i have a feeling the third headliners will be Rage Against the Machine .   Let's see what will happen.  Next Sunday there will be a change of price,  and price changes usually  come with new bands in the line up

On 1/14/2022 at 6:19 PM, Tigane said:

For what is worth,  some friends of mine were complaining that Muse aren't booked in Portugal yet,  and one of them tagged the festival page on Twitter,  and  the festival account decided to answer it. So possibly we are going to have Muse as one of the headliners

Interesting. I thought Muse were mainly doing June/July festivals for Europe then moving on, although the dates don't work for them to do NOS Alive despite them doing Mad Cool due to other commitments in France around the same time.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:25 PM, Tigane said:

I think he would only be headliner in Medium Sized festivals like Paredes de Coura or Super Bock Super Rock.  We don't yet if Kalorama intends to be a big or medium festival( however with the chosen venue i think they want it to be big). If we were talking about Oasis, they would definetely be headliners anywhere, but i don't think neither Noel and Liam solo acts are hyped enough in Portugal .   However with my last post i think  we are going to have Muse as headliners,  and  since    they are in other festivals with Arctic Monkeys at close dates of Kalorama, i have a feeling the third headliners will be Rage Against the Machine .   Let's see what will happen.  Next Sunday there will be a change of price,  and price changes usually  come with new bands in the line up

Do we actually think 2 headliners are coming to top Kraftwerk and Chems - given i paid 80€ for a ticket this seems unlikely. Muse on top seems pretty unlikely too i think - maybe could have chems/kraftwerk same day like they are at Field Day in the UK but i cant see RATM and Muse both being added. Fingers crossed though!!

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Do we actually think 2 headliners are coming to top Kraftwerk and Chems - given i paid 80€ for a ticket this seems unlikely. Muse on top seems pretty unlikely too i think - maybe could have chems/kraftwerk same day like they are at Field Day in the UK but i cant see RATM and Muse both being added. Fingers crossed though!!

for whats is worth,  Arctick Monkeys are with bigger letters  thant Krafterw and Chems, so that makes me believe that there are still 2 headliners missing . Yet in Portugal,  almost all festivals love to announce their headliners one by one,  and not all at the same time 

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

It says the ticket price is due to go up tomorrow when I looked on this event's Twitter. Does this possibly mean it may coincide with a few extra names?

something definitely soon, probs this week.

Someone in the glasto forums said a lot of european stuff is coming this week/next week due to embargos lifting etc - especially from festivals that have been dry recently which may suggest a big act coming.

3 hours ago, Tigane said:

for whats is worth,  Arctick Monkeys are with bigger letters  thant Krafterw and Chems, so that makes me believe that there are still 2 headliners missing . Yet in Portugal,  almost all festivals love to announce their headliners one by one,  and not all at the same time 

I sure hope so just doesn't seem to quite add up to me price wise.

22 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Just had a look on the website out of curiosity, the tickets appear to have gone up to €130 (without booking fee).

I would argue that they’d need another band like Muse added to the line up at that price, be interesting to see what else gets added. 

Yes, they announced that this weekend the price would change.  But i am quite surprise that this change isn't accompanied by new announcents (as i think last time they announced in the morning).  

21 hours ago, Tigane said:

Wouldn't focus that much on the font size. Chet Faker is in Bold, for example, and is on 4th row. I imagine that one more big name can be announced, but I do not expect huge names. Maybe I am wrong...

1 hour ago, MeMeMeM said:

Wouldn't focus that much on the font size. Chet Faker is in Bold, for example, and is on 4th row. I imagine that one more big name can be announced, but I do not expect huge names. Maybe I am wrong...

The venue the festival will happen is the same  Rock in Rio Lisbon happens,  and  RIR  usually put 100k  people in the attendance.  So that is another reason i believe there will be at least bands similar in size/hype, as Arctic Monkeys. but let's see what will happen.