Tipping the Postie

Ayrshire Chris

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

decades ago when i was a paperboy, i used to give my houses an xmas card as a prompt for a tip, worked a treat.:-)   

Ha ha I used this trick in December 1987 age 14 and as you say did the trick along with a slower walk out of the properties I delivered to when I would normally do my round imitating Steve Cram.

12 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Our postman seems to change regulary....is there any point if one of the relief posties gets the £10 instead of the more regular ones?

our postie has been around for such a long time he's a  local legend . -)  

14 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Our postman seems to change regulary....is there any point if one of the relief posties gets the £10 instead of the more regular ones?

Luckily we’ve had the same one for years , wears shorts all year round and won’t use one of those trolley things, a traditional postie who graduated from being a paperboy!   he’s a former pupil of mine and is well aware of the importance of the Glasto tickets! 

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

our postie has been around for such a long time he's a  local legend . -)  

The one postie I see more regularly is Mexican....I really want to ask him how on earth do you go from living in Mexico to delivering post in the Oxfordshire suburbs! 😄

On 12/22/2021 at 11:15 AM, gooner1990 said:

I wonder how long it is before Glastonbury tickets become 'digital only' like Reading Festival has....

Hope not as this kind of makes bringing a smartphone mandatory doesn't it which is a bit of a bind if you dont want to bring such or cant afford one..

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Hope not as this kind of makes bringing a smartphone mandatory doesn't it which is a bit of a bind if you dont want to bring such or cant afford one..

The cheapest smartphones are not even £100 now (and you can get a old iphone for about £20). I can get people wanting to do the festival phone free but if your spending £300 almost on the ticket alone you probably need to get your spending in-check. What percentage of people who go do you think won’t have at least 1 smartphone in their ticket group? I would say it can’t be more than fifty groups if that