Twickets

Maurice Mecca

What’s peoples experience of twickets?  Generally it’s been pretty good for me but been trying to get a Sam Fender ticket for my daughter for past few weeks and no matter how fast I am to the alert I always seem to miss out. I think the touts have some kind of automated sniping system in place.  Very frustrating. 

You just have to be quick as everyone else gets the alerts. Well worth checking back on places like ticket master as people put tickets back foor resale. Managed to get tickets for Sam Fendor & London Grammar resales recently when all the twickets alerts never turned in to tickets. It's time consuming checking twickets and back on the ticket sellers but often prodcues the results eventually. More often then not I get twickets tickets by logging in as opposed to waiting the for the alerts. You sometimes luck out.

1 hour ago, Maurice Mecca said:

What’s peoples experience of twickets?  Generally it’s been pretty good for me but been trying to get a Sam Fender ticket for my daughter for past few weeks and no matter how fast I am to the alert I always seem to miss out. I think the touts have some kind of automated sniping system in place.  Very frustrating. 

For sought after stuff the email alerts simply aren't quick enough, luck of the draw really. It's a solid system that I trust and I've got some great tickets via that route but I've equally missed out on a few. 

Twickets has been good for me but suppose it depends how in-demand the tickets are - and there is likely a slight delay between when the tickets go up to when the alert is sent out so as has already been said above, it's a good idea to keep checking the site anyway in case you time it right.

Ticketswap is also worth keeping an eye on if you're not already: https://www.ticketswap.uk/ 

I’ve had some great success with Twickets over the years - but as others have said relying on the email notification for the most sought after gigs can be touch and go. 

I’ve found it best to download the app and set a push notification up. It’s usually about a minute faster than the email coming through for me - and you can open the app direct from the notification, saving a few more all-important seconds

I like twickets, it’s great.  But, yes if a ticket is in demand it can be a challenge, and you need to be on your toes. The last one I got was for Sam Fender back in august and I ended up selling the spare through twickets too and both experiences were positive.

I will say that I think your best chance at getting a ticket will be in the 24 hours before the gig. I guess a few people have last minute cancellations, flakey mates etc,  and also, the touts are less likely to buy a ticket with such a small window in which to flip it for profit.

I've found with arena gigs checking the arena site around 2 weeks before the date should yield results. There's always a few thrown back in the hat at that point, especially production holds on the floor.

There are other reasons too, like a few people qualifying under the insurance they trick you into buying. I got 3 One Direction seats right next to the middle stage about 10 days before the show. It had been sold out for about a year prior. For WWE I've had front row and fifth row bought literally days before the event. I think in those case they were unsold meet and greets where they uncouple the tickets from the 'experience' late in the day.

I managed to get Sam Fender tickets on Twickets for his Leicester show a couple weeks ago (although I ultimately didn’t end up by going). I had the push notifications (which were a lot quicker than emails), and just tried to get tickets every time I got a notification and was free.

17 hours ago, Maurice Mecca said:

Is this for those in mid to late November? If so more tend to come on nearer the time as people realise they can't go. These are rescheduled from a while ago and for gigs that size that are rescheduled I've noticed as you get into the couple of weeks before it gets a bit easier. 

As mentioned before app and twitter probably best for the alerts

Edited by efcfanwirral

What confuses me is that you tickets to non sold out shows going for face value on Twickets.

Unless it’s out of the kindness of your heart for an unknown stranger, why would you buy from someone on Twickets rather get your own ticket for the same price officially? (And then sometimes go though the hassle of having to go and meet the person to get the ticket)

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

What confuses me is that you tickets to non sold out shows going for face value on Twickets.

Unless it’s out of the kindness of your heart for an unknown stranger, why would you buy from someone on Twickets rather get your own ticket for the same price officially? (And then sometimes go though the hassle of having to go and meet the person to get the ticket)

I reckon most people don't even look to see if it's sold out or not. I always get tempted by the below face value ones, it's dangerous sometimes to look at that part! 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I reckon most people don't even look to see if it's sold out or not. I always get tempted by the below face value ones, it's dangerous sometimes to look at that part! 

Yeah I always look at the below face value ones too, that’s the only reason I’d buy from Twickets if the event wasn’t sold out.

I have to admit if the price is the same between a resale on a ticket agent like ticketmaster or twickets fo a sold out show. Then I will always go with the ticket agency. Always seems a safer bet even though I have only had good experiences with twickets. 

On 10/24/2021 at 7:56 PM, Maurice Mecca said:

Facebook is decent too, have to meet in person which is a pain sometimes incase they flake but I got Bicep tickets a month ago for below face value (all 3 nights sold out) and they transferred me them on DICE. That's a good point actually, if its on DICE app be sure to join the waiting list

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

How the hell do I get a Twickets alert to work?

Missed a Beautiful Days camper van pass this morning as the alert I set up didn't work.

There’s an app too and I believe alerts get there quicker than emails so download that too

Edited by Skelts
Reread the post properly

2 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Search for BD’s 2023 so it takes you straight to the right event. Click on ‘buy’. It’ll tell you there aren’t any available but you should have a ‘set alert’ button to enter your email details. 
There’s an app too and I believe alerts get there quicker than emails so download that too

Got the set alert button, but it doesn't give me the option to enter my email details.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Got the set alert button, but it doesn't give me the option to enter my email details.

Yeah, I hadn’t read your question properly. Have you tried the app? A friend of mine has it and says alerts get there quicker. Maybe you didn’t get an alert earlier coz it sold immediately? 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Yeah, I hadn’t read your question properly. Have you tried the app? A friend of mine has it and says alerts get there quicker. Maybe you didn’t get an alert earlier coz it sold immediately? 🤷‍♂️

Reckon that could be it.

They're going as soon as they appear.

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

Get the app and get alerts set up, they definitely show up quicker than waiting for an email.