What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Put most clothing ready but waiting a couple of days before adding upper body clothing to see how cold we have to aim for. OH has decided to put the shoes already in the car although we only live wednesday  * shrugs *

I've just got back from getting the necessary liquids in.

Literally the first thing I have done towards this year since buying the tickets back in 2019.

I maybe cutting it fine.

All packed (well not the last minute things like phone and money/cards etc.  Haven't put wellies in yet but they can be strapped to outside of rucksack if need be (I think anyway!).

Tried to think ahead and packed some paracetamol in my day bag so I have it with me when I'm out and about (not like 2019 when I'd cleverly left it at the tent when I got a raging headache due to the sun).  Ditto plasters and rehydration tablets.

My car still needs extra work, so now realistically I won’t be able to pick it up until Tuesday morning…then go for a physiotherapy appointment, then to work, then back home to pack up the car, sleep a bit, and then head off…fuck! 

Sorted and packed pretty much everything, got all my cider in the fridge and freezer along with juice cartons. Will be travelling down early Monday morning as I'm with Oxfam 😍😍😍 

20220618_201558.jpg

Applied dubbin to boots and fitted new laces. 

Decanted two bottles of fancy gin from glass into refillable plastic.

Started gathering together packing - I'm very much not somebody who has practised this all 3 times. 

20220618_162604.jpg

On 6/5/2022 at 8:59 PM, glastobird said:

Dug out the air bed and pumped it up to check there's no holes. Found a piece of worthy grass from 2019 so put it in my purse for safe keeping. 

Watched Julien Temple's Glastonbury movie to build up the HYPE. 🙌

Where do you watch Julien Temple's film? Tried looking at legitimate streaming, YouTube, and then more 'aarrrghhh matey' methods, and no joy.

Never seen it and my first-timer brain is currently consuming anything glasto at an alarming rate.

5 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

Where do you watch Julien Temple's film? Tried looking at legitimate streaming, YouTube, and then more 'aarrrghhh matey' methods, and no joy.

Never seen it and my first-timer brain is currently consuming anything glasto at an alarming rate.

We've had it downloaded since the first lockdown... not a legit route I'm afraid but needs must when you're missing the farm.

His other film about Glastonbury after hours is on YouTube and is also must-see if you haven't already!!

11 minutes ago, glastobird said:

We've had it downloaded since the first lockdown... not a legit route I'm afraid but needs must when you're missing the farm.

His other film about Glastonbury after hours is on YouTube and is also must-see if you haven't already!!

Will definitely check that out, thank you!