Jump to content

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?


kalifire

Recommended Posts

Food shop last night so picked up a few bits n pieces to throw into the festival box. Some baby food smoothie pouches, tissues, suncream, coffee drip bags and Baileys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Oxtalis said:

Food shop last night so picked up a few bits n pieces to throw into the festival box. Some baby food smoothie pouches, tissues, suncream, coffee drip bags and Baileys. 

What kind of coffee bags do you use? 

I like my coffee, but need something I can take with me, that's not instant coffee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Lesley2337 said:

What kind of coffee bags do you use? 

I like my coffee, but need something I can take with me, that's not instant coffee. 

A vote for Taylors here. they're passable, and available more or less everywhere. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've spent the last week or two making lists, so thought I'd better start acting on it. Received a Decathlon order this morning including self inflating mat, welly insoles (won't need those), and lantern.

I also had an Amazon voucher burning a hole in my virtual pocket, so just ordered a sleep mask, rehydration tablets and a portable urinal (a pot to piss in).

Also got a bottle of Red Leg to decant at a later date.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lesley2337 said:

What kind of coffee bags do you use? 

I like my coffee, but need something I can take with me, that's not instant coffee. 

I got Sainsbury's own this time - they're ok and they'll do the job without having to faff about with cafetiere or an AeroPress but I have had Taylors in the past and they're pretty good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I've spent the last week or two making lists, so thought I'd better start acting on it. Received a Decathlon order this morning including self inflating mat, welly insoles (won't need those), and lantern.

I also had an Amazon voucher burning a hole in my virtual pocket, so just ordered a sleep mask, rehydration tablets and a portable urinal (a pot to piss in).

Also got a bottle of Red Leg to decant at a later date.

 

Which one did you go for? I'm still tossing up between a mat and an airbed - I think I'd probably prefer the firmer mat but I kinda want to take a double and those seem bulky asf (or really expensive) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Which one did you go for? I'm still tossing up between a mat and an airbed - I think I'd probably prefer the firmer mat but I kinda want to take a double and those seem bulky asf (or really expensive) 

After deliberating for ages, I went for this one... https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/self-inflating-camping-mattress-comfort-65-cm-1-person/_/R-p-142436

It's pretty thin, but I reckon I'll still prefer it to an airbed.  I'm sure thicker ones would be better, but they get pretty expensive, even more so if you want a double.  This one is pretty small and light when packed away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mamba said:

After deliberating for ages, I went for this one... https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/self-inflating-camping-mattress-comfort-65-cm-1-person/_/R-p-142436

It's pretty thin, but I reckon I'll still prefer it to an airbed.  I'm sure thicker ones would be better, but they get pretty expensive, even more so if you want a double.  This one is pretty small and light when packed away.

Cheers. Yeah I was looking at the double version of that but it just folds in half rather than rolling up which is super annoying 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

A vote for Taylors here. they're passable, and available more or less everywhere. 

 

24 minutes ago, Oxtalis said:

I got Sainsbury's own this time - they're ok and they'll do the job without having to faff about with cafetiere or an AeroPress but I have had Taylors in the past and they're pretty good. 

Thank you both.

Thats what I want, something that doesn't involved much 'faff' but still decent coffee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2022 at 4:27 PM, blutarsky said:
  • Sorted my packing list.
  • Bought some expensive socks to stave off blisters (hopefully). 
  • Bought a second pair of Sealskinz waterproof socks (which hopefully won't be needed - actually, thinking about this I should have bought them closer to the festival, kept them in their packaging and returned them if not used).
  • Shortlisted some sunglasses (will be in desperate need of these, obviously).
  • Put in an offer for a daypack on eBay. 
  • Designed and ordered a custom Blutarsky T shirt.

What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know?
Where’s the spirit? Where’s the guts, huh?
This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you’re gonna let it be the worst.
“Ooh, we’re afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble.”
Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I’m not gonna take this.

 

Expensive anti-blister socks arrived. Not impressed initially when I put them on but they’re very comfy once inside a pair of shoes. Fingers crossed they work. Anyone else tried Danish Endurance? I think they were recommended in @jimmillen’s foot fetish thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Off camping this weekend with my expat group. Good practice run for the tent to check it's all in working order. 

Packed my bag and checked the weight, with all the camping gear, clothes, 6 cans, 1L gin and 1 bottle of wine in it's 20kg. I reckon I can manage another 15 in a front bag and a shoulder one or 2 to cover the extra days. 

On the other hand I'm slightly dreading the walk from the gate to camp 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Some of my fancy dress arrived today - a leopard print zentai suit. Fits perfectly 🙂

Hey lovely, looked up what this was, I love it, sure you will look amazing, there are so many cool designs, saw a fab silver one, x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...