What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Made a few final tweaks this morning. Tubbed up coffee (morning) and some peppermint teabags (bed time 😄), stuffed the fully charged power banks and cables into the rucksack along with baccy and lighters. Dug out my butt pouch and stuck that in there as well.  Travel clothes all set out for the morning.

Just need to fly into town later to pick up a sleeping mask, then it's clipping my hair tonight so it's nice and fresh, decanting posh booze into the hip flask (don't want it sat in there too long) and we're done. Bag will go in the car ready for the morning for Mrs Q to drop me at the station and off we go!

13 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Question about phone charging - sorry if it's a stupid one.

I typically use my Pixel 6's adaptive charging' function. I understand that this is good for the phone's battery, but is it sensible or stupid for charging from a battery pack? Wondering whether to turn the setting off for when I'm using my Anker at the fest.

13 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I’d welcome any similar advice for iPhone XR. Coz I’m a technospaz. 

Turn it off, the power banks can switch themselves off if they detect they are no longer charging a device. Adaptive charging switches off the charging so that you arrive at 100% charge around the time you wake up. Basically, they're not really compatible. But definitely worth using when you are connected to a mains supply at home! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, 09matthewsw said:

Turn it off, the power banks can switch themselves off if they detect they are no longer charging a device. Adaptive charging switches off the charging so that you arrive at 100% charge around the time you wake up. Basically, they're not really compatible. But definitely worth using when you are connected to a mains supply at home! 

That's what I suspected. Thanks for the reassurance!

Currently loading up the car with some things my mate is gonna drive down for us as we're coaching it, ready to drop over to his in a bit.

Pack V1 completed last night and will be unpacking and repacking with hopefully less stuff, later on this evening. 

33 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

Is there a setting for iPhone that needs looking at? 

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

This is one of the last but most important things … sorting my meds … don’t forget them guys … and if you do there’s always the onsite pharmacy’s so don’t panic 

image.jpg

Yeah mine are one of the top features of my list.  Puny humans 😊

40 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Packed up and on the road. Should be on site by about 3pm

1BDAED39-EB41-4326-90D0-58FC4C24B1DD.jpeg

Ah another storage box user . Has the advantage of being of use if your stuff is very dirty and muddy on the way back. I'd have it under the bag personally. (Mentally doing a packing tetris for later on)

56 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Setting —-> battery —> battery health turn off optimised battery charging 

image.thumb.png.e35f86f3e6ef9dfb58f3b4d748f30492.png

As you seem to know what you're talking about (and I don't!), does anyone have suggestions regarding change of settings in order to reduce battery drain whilst at the festival (that don't include turning it off/switching flight mode on)?

Turn Screen brightness down, Vibration off, Android has a power saving mode too which is pretty good. Also take a battery pack with you so you can charge it on the go or while sleeping, If you really wanted too turning it off at night while you sleep helps alot.

Otherwise you'll be queuing at what used to be the Orange place and have to sit for a hour while your phone is charging. Which isn't fun.

Does anyone know where I can find any sort of drink crystals in Bristol? I'm trying to find something to pack that's light and I can just add to water to mix with my vodka. No luck at Tesco Express or Sainsbury Locals. Thanks!

Edited by TownesMR

Just packed! Dropping the pooch at dog sitters about 3, then need to get some duct tape (run out), then home to load up the car. Once Mrs 4AM gets home from work we’re offski! Giddy as a kipper now. 😃😃😃👍

2 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Does anyone know where I can find any sort of drink crystals in Bristol? I'm trying to find something to pack that's light and I can just add to water to mix with my vodka. No luck at Tesco Express or Sainsbury Locals. Thanks!

I go with the mini Robinsons squirty concentrates … available in Asda 

16 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Do you print the clashfinder view or the itinerary view?   I can't remember what I usually do!

I go for the clashfinder view, double sided on A4 for each day. I find that easiest to read as the colours stand out.