What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Nooooo!  So gutted for you.  Don't know what else to say really.

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Oh fuck, mate. Is there no chance of making it? I was in hospital overnight on Saturday with anaphylaxis and had similar worries at the time but will be fine to make it. Is there no hope? 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Really sorry to hear this, hope there is a way you can at least make it for the weekend perhaps 😞 

Small hope - tests not going fast and not getting any less yellow so not looking good at the moment, but if there is a safe way to get there later I’ll try and make some of it. All a bit of a mystery what’s causing it at moment, never had it before. Worst timing😥

29 minutes ago, Flying_Hellfish said:

I've just been checking the battery settings on my phone. I have a few powerbanks but I could do without constant bombardments from gmail etc while I am at the fest.

If you have a Galaxy phone, then this looks like a good option to try:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00079037/

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s22-s22-plus-s22-ultra/1041761-best-way-saving-battery.html

Particularly "Limit apps and Home screen". This allows you to limit yourself to a few apps (4)... and once I turned that on, it now shows as having an expected battery life of 4 days.

Can anyone tell me how many recharge points there are (I can only see one on the map?!) and whether there is usually a queue to use it?

My powerbank no longer works and I dont have time to get a new one. 

34 minutes ago, moogster said:

Print the itinerary instead? (I printed both, twice each, so who am I to say but...)

I jest, got a decent enough plan in my head and should have plenty of battery & recharge to be able to keep track 🙂

41 minutes ago, Flying_Hellfish said:

I've just been checking the battery settings on my phone. I have a few powerbanks but I could do without constant bombardments from gmail etc while I am at the fest.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s22-s22-plus-s22-ultra/1041761-best-way-saving-battery.html

Particularly "Limit apps and Home screen". This allows you to limit yourself to a few apps (4)... and once I turned that on, it now shows as having an expected battery life of 4 days.

Thanks.  I nearly always have the power saving mode on but hadn't found the Limit Apps mode.  Can you select which apps you keep - I've had a quick look and can't find that you can?

41 minutes ago, moogster said:

Maybe you can get the hotel to print your clashfinder? In the old days they'd charge for that kind of thing but I'd say these days unless you have 20 pages they'd be helpful?

Hmm that's an option worth considering.  In 2019 I forgot to bring it and went to Taunton Library to print it out (thanks again @crazyfool1for that suggestion).

24 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Thanks.  I nearly always have the power saving mode on but hadn't found the Limit Apps mode.  Can you select which apps you keep - I've had a quick look and can't find that you can?

Yeah, once you turn it on, you'll be dropped to the home screen and you can select those apps.

Here we f***ing go!  Ferry just departed Belfast and finally on my way to Glasto for the first time. I actually cannot believe this is happening after all this time …. but it is 😃😃😃

Nothing stopping us now - see you all on the Farm 🎉

9EDEB4A3-F231-4842-B9B4-C55B934C9BD3.jpeg

0D56C82E-02BB-4E39-B2B7-4E8A6932126C.jpeg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Here we f***ing go!  Ferry just departed Belfast and finally on my way to Glasto for the first time. I actually cannot believe this is happening after all this time …. but it is 😃😃😃

Nothing stopping us now - see you all on the Farm 🎉

9EDEB4A3-F231-4842-B9B4-C55B934C9BD3.jpeg

0D56C82E-02BB-4E39-B2B7-4E8A6932126C.jpeg

Safe trip! See you on the farm!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flying_Hellfish said:

Tbh I prefer the look of the second link which suggests perhaps leaving the Limit Apps option disabled so you have full functionality.  Also given how much EE have boasted about the 5G network on the site, it might be interesting to note if leaving that enabled within power saving improves network performance?

https://newsroom.ee.co.uk/ee-predicts-data-usage-will-double-at-glastonbury-2022/

Just now, gigpusher said:

Safe trip! See you on the farm!

Thanks! Haven't been on here much recently as I left all my packing to the last minute and the last few days have been very hectic finishing up at work and getting ready.  Now I am on the ferry I can relax and enjoy the anticipation.  The excitement is really building now. 😎

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Thanks! Haven't been on here much recently as I left all my packing to the last minute and the last few days have been very hectic finishing up at work and getting ready.  Now I am on the ferry I can relax and enjoy the anticipation.  The excitement is really building now. 😎

I'm almost as excited for you as I am for myself!*

*This may or may not be true

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Worried about how I'm going to get a decent spot for Macca and Diana.

"Excuse me, sorry, thank you, sorry, excuse me, sorry, beer coming through, thank you, sorry, excuse me, sorry .... "

Good luck. 

Changed the malfunctioning solar panel on my van for a new one (replaced under warranty).

Thought i’d only manage to get the old one off today but the job went much quicker than expected and completed the installation too 💪 

16 minutes ago, Fishman said:

"Excuse me, sorry, thank you, sorry, excuse me, sorry, beer coming through, thank you, sorry, excuse me, sorry .... "

Good luck. 

Yes I think that will be my tactic!  I usually find that being an old woman lets me get away with things that a young guy wouldn't get away with!

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Yep same. We leave after rush hour tomorrow but have someone coming to stay in our house to look after the dogs so feverishly packing and cleaning today! Not long to go! 

Question about phone charging - sorry if it's a stupid one.

I typically use my Pixel 6's adaptive charging' function. I understand that this is good for the phone's battery, but is it sensible or stupid for charging from a battery pack? Wondering whether to turn the setting off for when I'm using my Anker at the fest.

21 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Question about phone charging - sorry if it's a stupid one.

I typically use my Pixel 6's adaptive charging' function. I understand that this is good for the phone's battery, but is it sensible or stupid for charging from a battery pack? Wondering whether to turn the setting off for when I'm using my Anker at the fest.

I’d welcome any similar advice for iPhone XR. Coz I’m a technospaz. 

Batteries/lanterns are charging, bags are by the front door awaiting packing of the Bus, last minute run to the shop about to commence (need more gin!)

Just did a 15min yoga session to try and chill my beans but it's not worked - absolutely bursting with excitement 🥳🥳🥳🥳

Car has been collected from the garage (it really didn’t need to be in here until this dramatic time), last little bit of work to do today (while talking about nothing but the festival), then it’s time to pack up the car and get absolutely no sleep before heading off at 5am!