What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

This might be a stupid question but are spirits sold in plastic anywhere in the UK? I've only seen glass, so I'm expecting to have to pour into a plastic bottle, but if there's a way to buy them in plastic to begin with I will do that.

Just now, TownesMR said:

This might be a stupid question but are spirits sold in plastic anywhere in the UK? I've only seen glass, so I'm expecting to have to pour into a plastic bottle, but if there's a way to buy them in plastic to begin with I will do that.

I’ve never seen them in plastic and I work for a fairly big supermarket… they might be out there somewhere… but I think the plastic might taint the flavour over a longer period of time 

12 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Never seen it either, very rare with beers/ciders/alcopops too - you only really see it in nightclubs.

3 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen at least tequila in plastic bottles before but as @crazyfool1 has said, its less common as I would assume it would need to be a specific type of plastic.

We've bought a few cheap metal thermal bottles in Primark (€4.50 so maybe £3/4 in the UK). They're perfect for spirits and as they empty you can use them to carry ice if you're lucky enough to find some!

33 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

No. You’ll need to decant them into another vessel i’m afraid

41 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Morrisons. All plastic screwtop bottles. I've got a few.

https://groceries.morrisons.com/products/morrisons-dark-rum-294927011

https://groceries.morrisons.com/products/morrisons-napoleon-brandy-oak-barrel-aged-3-years-119534011

https://groceries.morrisons.com/products/morrisons-white-rum-294926011

Did the shop yesterday - bugger me when did everything get so expensive!

Filled the Bus with fuel - nearly fainted, see above comment!  Seriously we used to get a full tank, from empty for £80 & could drive from Midlands all way to Amsterdam on that 1 tank, yesterday already had 1/3 tank and it cost £120 🥴

Found partners festival hat, needed rain or shine, this bugger had eluded my searching for 2 days.

Found Moth Espresso Martinis in Tesco for £3.90 @ 4 for 3 if anyone still looking for booze deals.

Decanting starts this afternoon, as does last clean & empty glass out of Bus & starting actually putting shit in the Bus😁

Last day at work tom, I intend to do a little as possible and bore the lot of them with my Glasto tales & excitement 🤪

I've just loaded the car with all the camping gear and am about to start into an ironathon for the 5 of us. Don't want to have anything left to do tomorrow night after work other than going to bed. 2 hour drive to the ferry from Dublin at 8.15am on Tuesday morning so need to leave about 5am. 

3 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I've just loaded the car with all the camping gear and am about to start into an ironathon for the 5 of us. Don't want to have anything left to do tomorrow night after work other than going to bed. 2 hour drive to the ferry from Dublin at 8.15am on Tuesday morning so need to leave about 5am. 

It's important to maintain standards, so hats off for ensuring your Glastonbury clothes are well pressed 😉

Fixed a faulty row of LEDs on my jacket, made a decision on some final improvements I'll hopefully get finished today/tomorrow.  Did the booze run to asda.  Last night at work tonight and then bit of shopping Tuesday and I'm all ready to go.

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Fixed a faulty row of LEDs on my jacket, made a decision on some final improvements I'll hopefully get finished today/tomorrow.  Did the booze run to asda.  Last night at work tonight and then bit of shopping Tuesday and I'm all ready to go.

Come on don’t tease me with this 🙂 

22 hours ago, paulshane said:

nothing complicated, thin ply and a hole saw, but I'm hoping they will work

Nice work on these. Have you sealed the wood or just left it raw? A coat of lacquer or varnish will help protect the wood from the inevitable beer spillage around the top. 

Probably worth taping the holes as well. The rough wood could pierce a paper cup if they start to wear. 

13 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Can't wait to see the finished result!

I'm currently on route to Asda for our shop. Fortunately found my funnel for spirit to plastic bottle filling too.