What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Sorted and packed pretty much everything, got all my cider in the fridge and freezer along with juice cartons. Will be travelling down early Monday morning as I'm with Oxfam 😍😍😍 

20220618_201558.jpg

Applied dubbin to boots and fitted new laces. 

Decanted two bottles of fancy gin from glass into refillable plastic.

Started gathering together packing - I'm very much not somebody who has practised this all 3 times. 

20220618_162604.jpg

On 6/5/2022 at 8:59 PM, glastobird said:

Dug out the air bed and pumped it up to check there's no holes. Found a piece of worthy grass from 2019 so put it in my purse for safe keeping. 

Watched Julien Temple's Glastonbury movie to build up the HYPE. 🙌

Where do you watch Julien Temple's film? Tried looking at legitimate streaming, YouTube, and then more 'aarrrghhh matey' methods, and no joy.

Never seen it and my first-timer brain is currently consuming anything glasto at an alarming rate.

5 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

Where do you watch Julien Temple's film? Tried looking at legitimate streaming, YouTube, and then more 'aarrrghhh matey' methods, and no joy.

Never seen it and my first-timer brain is currently consuming anything glasto at an alarming rate.

We've had it downloaded since the first lockdown... not a legit route I'm afraid but needs must when you're missing the farm.

His other film about Glastonbury after hours is on YouTube and is also must-see if you haven't already!!

11 minutes ago, glastobird said:

We've had it downloaded since the first lockdown... not a legit route I'm afraid but needs must when you're missing the farm.

His other film about Glastonbury after hours is on YouTube and is also must-see if you haven't already!!

Will definitely check that out, thank you!

9 minutes ago, shorny said:

What's the best kind of coat to bring? I get cold quite easily but also don't wanna be carrying around something massive when I'm not cold.

Assuming there will also be a bit of rain.

Layers. Given how all over the place the forecasts are you need flexible options. 

I take two lightweight fleece jumpers and a lightweight waterproof shell. They roll up small, don’t weigh much and cover most eventualities… 

If it looks like it will be as cold as some of the forecasts have suggested, I might replace one of the jumpers with a heavier fleece jacket.

Bear in mind you can always put a bag with warmer clothes in a lockup so you don’t have to carry them around 🙂

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lushroom said:

I bought a copy off eBay for £3. But I have decided not to watch it until I’m back, because I haven’t been since ‘03 and I don’t want it to give me too many spoilers of the new things! 
My Mum mentioned something about a Glastonbury documentary on the Beeb this evening. 
Also, on BBC sounds there is a series about Glastonbury which is worth a listen. 

2 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

I bought a copy off eBay for £3. But I have decided not to watch it until I’m back, because I haven’t been since ‘03 and I don’t want it to give me too many spoilers of the new things! 

The footage was largely filmed in 2005, so I don't think it will give too much away.

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

Looks like someone in my house is starting to prep... 😂

20220618_104925.thumb.jpg.dcd32cb76b77a9eca8018395cec1fbe2.jpg

What am I looking at? 🙂

CLothing packed. All based on layers as who the fuck knows weather. Lots of thin layers, one good fleece, rain gear. Charging the tent lamp.

Getting there...