What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone who witnessed that Adele set in the flesh is guaranteed to get into heaven.

New Order over on the other stage at the same time: “lovely voice but what the hell did her boyfriend do to her” 

🤣 

• Upvote 1

Last day at work so I’ve made use of our walk in freezer to freeze my cider I’ve added a layer of water at the bottom and then cans of cider surrounded by crushed ice .:.. should be a solid lump when I collect it Tue … ready to go down to the car parks 

I have finally got round to making some hopefully decent pint carriers. For years i've been moved to anger by either having to struggle carrying three floppy paper cups or take the 'will they all fall on the floor' four cup paper holders and so every time i spill beer i vow to make my own, and every year i forget UNTIL NOW.

nothing complicated, thin ply and a hole saw, but I'm hoping they will work 🙂

image.thumb.png.8022288ce00a0944a1093742a31ba17c.png

image.thumb.png.ef2c78877cfc44bf6671e92bdf3ab7fe.png

image.thumb.png.e36d5ef4d0a6659a7477a83ad14be77a.png

image.thumb.png.af697d6c8d2b73cbaaaf3c25ef3718ee.png

I have tested them with the five cups all full and it works, though you need both hands to stop the carrier flexing too much, which is why there is no pic 🙂

extra small hole is for a caribinier / tie / velcro etc 🙂

tape round the outside is an anti splinter feature.

Edited by paulshane
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

On 6/17/2022 at 6:18 AM, gigpusher said:

Ouch! Not ideal timing! Hope you have others with you who can help you out. Is it your dominant hand as well?

Yeah, not great timing but it's actually not as bad as initially thought. Not my drinking hand anyway so all good! 😂

Hiked up Wansfell this morning. First time I've been able to do something that big since I had Covid in April. 480ish metres, climb of about 440 or so. Still got out of breath, but normal out of breath rather than Covid out of breath. Bodes well for next week

Well as I said earlier, I am now packed. Am volunteering this year so expect to be on site on Tuesday. Am leaving Scotland on Monday. I’m so excited I couldn’t sleep last night. Hoping to get at least one nights good sleep pre festival. Can’t wait. It’s been so long. I think as soon as my bus gets within view of the site there will be tears.

All packed (well not the last minute things like phone and money/cards etc.  Haven't put wellies in yet but they can be strapped to outside of rucksack if need be (I think anyway!).

Tried to think ahead and packed some paracetamol in my day bag so I have it with me when I'm out and about (not like 2019 when I'd cleverly left it at the tent when I got a raging headache due to the sun).  Ditto plasters and rehydration tablets.

My car still needs extra work, so now realistically I won’t be able to pick it up until Tuesday morning…then go for a physiotherapy appointment, then to work, then back home to pack up the car, sleep a bit, and then head off…fuck!