What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

My brother is printing my clashfinder for me today. 

But my Glastonbury prep is actually going on hold today as I'm dog sitting for a friend and she's just been dropped off. She's absolutely adorable and we're going to have the best weekend! 

PXL_20220617_101206251.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Getting practice in for jumping from one musical genre to the other so my brain can cope with the swerves!

This morning, Nova Twins >> Gabriels 😂

Important work! I am listening to sample Macca set list on my bus ride into Manchester before the longest hair appointment I have ever had. 

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Getting practice in for jumping from one musical genre to the other so my brain can cope with the swerves!

This morning, Nova Twins >> Gabriels 😂

I'm really looking forward to the Gabriels.

4 hours ago, benc said:

I tested Negative! I still have a small cough and feeling really tried though... being negative is a good tho

Everyone always thinks I’m joking, but start taking a shot of apple cider vinegar a day, it’s a real good immune booster after having any nasties. Tastes like shit unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm really looking forward to the Gabriels.

Hugely. Would have loved their Park set but it clashes with Skunk Anansie and they're one of my few non-negotiables. I'll be at their Lonely Hearts Club set on the Sunday instead.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Hugely. Would have loved their Park set but it clashes with Skunk Anansie and they're one of my few non-negotiables. I'll be at their Lonely Hearts Club set on the Sunday instead.

Off the top of my head, I think it was the Lonely Hearts Club set I've earmarked as well.

Dare I say.....

Found my rucksack.  I used a different one for Bearded Theory but it didn't have as many pockets or straps to attach things to it.  Planning to pack tomorrow.

Ordered some rehydration tablets as if it's going to be hot, I don't want to suffer like I did in 2019.

Ordered a spare fast charge cable for my phone.  A different colour one so I can see at a glance that it is a fast one.

Sewing.  Lots of sewing.  I'm making a fancy jacket for the evenings, got the electronics done last week, just got to stitch it all into the jacket.  I've done most of the sewing but now I've got the fiddly bits left to do.  Wasted an hour earlier when I realised I'd sewn in a whole sleeve and it was all back to front.

7 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Sewing.  Lots of sewing.  I'm making a fancy jacket for the evenings, got the electronics done last week, just got to stitch it all into the jacket.  I've done most of the sewing but now I've got the fiddly bits left to do.  Wasted an hour earlier when I realised I'd sewn in a whole sleeve and it was all back to front.

Pictures or is it a surprise 

Pictures when it's done, I reckon.  I might have oversold it, it's just a festival hoodie style jacket with lots of LEDs sewn in.  I'm just doing the eyes now (which will be wonky as hell, judging by the job I'd done of it!) and have one more section to sew after that and it's done.  I'm hoping to have it finished by the time I knock off work tonight, it's a slow night and I'm sat at my desk sewing.