What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Collected all my things for the festival from my mum's loft now doing my checklist.

I need a recommendation of footwear. Hoping to get something on a budget for size 12 feet. Anyone got any ideas? Previously, I'd worn old steel toe cap workboots but I lost them a couple of years ago and I'm sceptical about getting new work boots to take to the festival 😂

Sport pursuit website is very decent for end of line sales for hiking boots - from yer standard ones to more sturdy proper hiking efforts, all the way up to delightful Italian efforts north of £200 a pair (scarpas, they’re great, but I wore thru mine by hiking in Scotland). I’d not wear karrimors as they’ve gone downhill a bit, but pretty much every other manufacturer on there should be decent. Hiking boots, non-leather ones, won’t really need breaking in: they’ll be good to go if they’re synthetic. 

and that’s a fine foot size btw, all the best people don 12’s 👍

Edited by balti-pie

31 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Sport pursuit website is very decent for end of line sales for hiking boots - from yer standard ones to more sturdy proper hiking efforts, all the way up to delightful Italian efforts north of £200 a pair (scarpas, they’re great, but I wore thru mine by hiking in Scotland). I’d not wear karrimors as they’ve gone downhill a bit, but pretty much every other manufacturer on there should be decent. Hiking boots, non-leather ones, won’t really need breaking in: they’ll be good to go if they’re synthetic. 

and that’s a fine foot size btw, all the best people don 12’s 👍

Thanks mate, I'll check it out!

Big up the 12s 🤙

Got the tent/coffin out of the attic and put up in the garden to make sure OK. Bought 35+ years ago for doing DofE school trips and still going strong. Hosed off all of the Glasto 2019 dust still on it. Would gladly settle for another dusty one this year.

Had a busy one today, 

Washed out the cool box , checked the tent and Air bed , all good!

started a clothes pile and

just back from Asda for the booze run, feel quite organised now!

7 hours ago, SighMo said:

Discovered a small unused fridge in my mum/dad's garage. Will use it to cool tins of beer from next week.

If you’re moving a fridge always give it time for the compressor oil to settle down before turning it on, better off moving it the day before you want to start using it.

No issue if you’re taking the beer there for chilling.

Edited by squirrelarmy

18 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If you’re moving a fridge always give it time for the compressor oil to settle down before turning it on, better off moving it the day before you want to start using it.

No issue if you’re taking the beer there for chilling. It’s 

I did think about bringing it home but it’s only about a mile away so I’ll take the beer there. Their electric then as well 🤣

44 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

Upvote for the bottle. Resisted a downvote for the 'on' empty socket. OCD cant handle!

She’s a Beut, lovely deep purple. Best one I’ve ever taken. 

Haha it a terrible habit I know. Must wind you right up in EU/US when they don’t use switches at all. 

11 hours ago, K2SO said:

Thanks mate, I'll check it out!

Big up the 12s 🤙

When it comes to boots I'm a wide 11 so not quite with you cool kids, but I've found HiTec to always be a safe bet for me in terms of fit and comfort. They don't cost the earth either, these are the ones I have and they're £45 at the moment. Their first wear was a 50km hike to break them in, and the only blisters I got were on the balls of my feet just because they weren't used to being on the go for that long. Would certainly recommend as an option.

Went to a festival that's about 10 times smaller than glasto and where I got to sleep home at night. Quite some back pain after day one as the body forgot what it's like to stand and walk all day but luckily by day 3 the body remembered and is hopefully slightly prepped for Glastonbury.

Put in practice the fact that choosing a few acts and then figuring out what to do in between is better than trying to do too much.

Found out that even though it's summer, a sweatshirt is not warm enough at night. 

5 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

Final deliveries arrived this morning, putting together some stunning festival ensembles. I'm trying to be a bit more subtle with my style choices this year...

D9FEDE10-0724-4AB7-9038-889A8A6D6ACF.jpg

Pretty unremarkable, needs some glitter pasties!

2 hours ago, moogster said:

Oh and quite proud of my smuggling skills. Had some not allowed things in my pocket, and the day security decided to pat down, made a super natural bee line for the one security booth that was missing a female security agent 😈

I love seeing the panic on their faces when i’m in full drag. Even worse if I suggest i might enjoy a pat down just to ramp up the awkwardness  😂