What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Dug out old ass trainers to take.

Purchased a little radio (for Worthy FM morning soundtrack).

Finished 'the shop'.

Loaded up box with booze, snacks and paraphernalia.

Got all camping gear together and had a go at loading the sack truck. Pleasantly surprised everything fits like a glove. Had a trundle round the kitchen feeling smug. Kidded myself that it will be as easy on the farm.

Doing a deep dive on the clashfinder later then all that's left is figuring out what I'm taking clotheswise.

Happy clapping like a loon!

18 hours ago, nikkic said:

I have to do the school run. 

Genuine fear my children will be taken away from me. 

I’ve got to get back in time for school pickup 3:30 on Monday, then take daughter to swimming lesson followed by Brownies. 🥴

Will be a brutal return to real life!

Although I do have Tuesday booked off - will 100% be collapsing back into bed once the kids are out of the house. 

17 hours ago, offmytrolley said:

Tested out some insoles (these ones). They work nicely in my walking boots and my trainers but in my walking shoes they lift my heel up too much and now the back of my foot rubs against part of the shoe which sounds like a recipe for disaster! I'll test them for the next week or so and probably keep them in the boots, but not the walking shoes.

Look up the heel lock lacing method - doesn’t work for everyone but can make a big difference to heel movement in the shoe. 

Finally spent that booze voucher I got for my birthday. A bottle of rum and one of bourbon.

Trying to find my mini flask, as to use to that festival I'm going to this weekend that basically forbids you to bring in anything but a sweater in the arena but then charges far too much for the most hilarious "craft beer" on tap. Difference for Glastonbury: I can drink from it while passing security and get a thumbs up.

19 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Look up the heel lock lacing method - doesn’t work for everyone but can make a big difference to heel movement in the shoe. 

Ah that's a great idea but I just checked and my Merrell shoes don't have the extra eyelet that I think I'd need for doing heel lock laces. I guess to save money/because they're walking rather than running shoes. I have found some much lower profile insoles that fit inside okay though 🙂

22 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

And I have a two day Team Planning session starting on the Tuesday.  I have warned my boss I may be a bit dazed and bleary eyed.  And am out every night that week - may as well kill myself with exhaustion I suppose.

I have our final Trustee Board of the academic year on the Tuesday, and then a conference on the Weds/Thurs. Pray for me. 

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Got absolutely steaming last night. 

Just tested out the hydration salts and I now feel tip top. 

That’s about as much Glasto prep as I’ll be managing today. 

Which ones have you got? I need to stock up. 

Cleaned the back of the van entirely, repacking whats needing and putting the stuff we won't use in the loft

Tried out the Jetboil - 1m13 from cold to a cup of tea. Delighted.

Yesterday, what I did to get ready was test positive for Covid for the 2nd time. First of all in December 2021. Clearly, much with that time leaving me out of isolation in time for Christmas Dinner - this time, my body has decided to take the hit this side of the festival so that I'm not a risk to others or myself during my time on site. Wish me luck 😂

Edited by irnkrtn

4 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I'm a big fan of Craghoppers Kiwi Trousers.

Got mine from Blacks but looks like they're on Amazon as well (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craghoppers-Mens-Classic-Kiwi-Trousers/dp/B0017H9BPU?th=1&psc=1).

Walking trouser update, got carried away and spent 80quid on some real fancy ones! 😳 Will have to join a rambling group or something to get my moneys worth. 

We ordered 'new' ex-army rucksacks, as Bearded Theory showed us all the old ones we had are too small, and also ordered a trolley, as the other thing we realised at Bearded was that the 10yo still gets tired and Glastonbury is a hell of a lot bigger. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can figure out making it fairly comfy for him for the evenings, and how to attach some fairy lights. The 10yo being rather bigger than the usual smaller children you ferry about in trolleys, this might be slightly more challenging to do but we'll sort something.

Have sooo much work to do this week, and no idea how to keep my brain on anything that isn't Glastonbury...

currently breaking in the walking boots, i got the aldi ones from the middle aisle (in between a wetsuit and a bamboo dinner set of course) but luckily they are an absolute treat to walk in !

i'm in full festival mode now. any problems at work over the next week is "someone else's problem"