What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I know, lucky for me the Farther in Law is lending us his bigger car for the festival. Will return it will a full tank of petrol.

That'll probably cost you more than the insurance would have done!

Replacement laces for walking boots...
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01206RV08/

Two reusable bottles greater than 700ml so I can decant 70cl spirits bottles into each...
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002FOMU3O/

Gone pretty pretentious by splashing a fiver on a jigger (which is apparently the name of a spirit measure).  I'm sure most of you would just do it as they would in a European bar, just generously overpour but I'm a sensitive old flower and have learnt to my cost that if I give myself a triple or quadruple each time then it could result in my day becoming a confusing mess (and not necessarily a fun way 🙂 )

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0001IX13Y/

42 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Gone pretty pretentious by splashing a fiver on a jigger (which is apparently the name of a spirit measure).  I'm sure most of you would just do it as they would in a European bar, just generously overpour but I'm a sensitive old flower and have learnt to my cost that if I give myself a triple or quadruple each time then it could result in my day becoming a confusing mess (and not necessarily a fun way 🙂 )

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0001IX13Y/

Which is why my spirits will go from a large bottle to a small flask daily. Otherwise I'll be embarrasingly asleep at 8 pm...

11 minutes ago, moogster said:

Which is why my spirits will go from a large bottle to a small flask daily. Otherwise I'll be embarrasingly asleep at 8 pm...

He he, I've had a few afternoon naps in the past 😊

17 hours ago, D-Low said:

Any good for sleeping in? I got some normal earplugs I use for gigs but the internals are plastic and if I sleep with them in I wake up with a sore ear so was looking for something better this year

Yes really comfy, I don't have any problems with them, unlike other ear plugs. They aren't perfect though there's plenty of noise gets through, but it's an improvement. 

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Normally when people start talking about Canada you're straight in there! Or have I imagined that in a fever dream?

Either's possible tbh.

Ah, my dear pal.

My response was a slightly clever, very niche gag, as my fellow Canucks might attest.

Ben
x

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Started first test run of the Anker 20000 on my Galaxy S10.  Charged from 15% up to 90% in less than 90 minutes, still >75% left in the power bank. Reckon I should be golden for charge with that.

I want to take more photos and be able to use WhatsApp this year to keep up with people so I'm not using a burner phone, but it does mean I'm paranoid about losing my phone after misplacing it in Stummerville in '15. So I've had a dig around and found these beauties, just looking for somewhere other than Amazon to buy them from but this will suit me down to the ground.

Phone Tether

Oh that's good to hear! I ordered a Bextoo 30000 which arrived today... the USB-C plug didn't work and the the power pack lost 1% of charge before my phone gained 1%... as a result I just ordered the Anker 20000 🙌

4 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Confession time.... went to see and support efesters member Adam Scott Glasspool and fell asleep. I’d had a few beers. Sorry Adam. 

I had a little catnap in the Maui Waui tent at Bearded this year.  I hadn't had a good night's sleep and figured that even at such a relatively small site, the walk to the tent and back would take an extra half an hour out of the day on top of the nap so I just sat down at the edge, shut my eyes and refreshed myself while still being able to listen to the music.  Bliss to be able to do that when it's not wet and muddy.

Just now, frankzekilo said:

Oh that's good to hear! I ordered a Bextoo 30000 which arrived today... the USB-C plug didn't work and the the power pack lost 1% of charge before my phone gained 1%... as a result I just ordered the Anker 20000 🙌

It's the first time I've invested in one.  Think it took me c.9hrs to charge the Anker from the mains btw.

Going to try some overnight charging and see how that goes, as realistically that's what I'll be doing which means I'll fall asleep with it charging.  Their website reckons it has minimal draw once the phone is charged, but will be some as the phone battery naturally loses charge.

I'll post updates!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's the first time I've invested in one.  Think it took me c.9hrs to charge the Anker from the mains btw.

Going to try some overnight charging and see how that goes, as realistically that's what I'll be doing which means I'll fall asleep with it charging.  Their website reckons it has minimal draw once the phone is charged, but will be some as the phone battery naturally loses charge.

I'll post updates!

To help with this put your phone in flight mode when charging. That way it won't be checking for emails getting messages etc ie thing that will make it lose charge more. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

To help with this put your phone in flight mode when charging. That way it won't be checking for emails getting messages etc ie thing that will make it lose charge more. 

So I took my new Anker charger to Liam at Knebworth and it only seemed to charge my iPhone 12 mini up to 80%. I didn’t put flight mode on or anything - is this normal?

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

So I took my new Anker charger to Liam at Knebworth and it only seemed to charge my iPhone 12 mini up to 80%. I didn’t put flight mode on or anything - is this normal?

If it’s brand new and a big enough one I would expect it to be able to charge a phone fully. A couple of things to check 1 iPhone have an ordinarily useful feature that doesn’t work for power banks which is that if your phone has a certain amount of charge then it stops charging until later in the night to save power. Great when you are at home as it means you don’t use as much electricity but a power bank will go off and so when it deems that it would be ok to charge then the power bank has turned itself off. I think it might be 80%

If this is the problem you will just need to go into your settings and disable the option. 

Otherwise I would fully charge it and test it during the day to see how much charge you get out of it. If it’s older it might not be powerful enough. 

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

I had a little catnap in the Maui Waui tent at Bearded this year.  I hadn't had a good night's sleep and figured that even at such a relatively small site, the walk to the tent and back would take an extra half an hour out of the day on top of the nap so I just sat down at the edge, shut my eyes and refreshed myself while still being able to listen to the music.  Bliss to be able to do that when it's not wet and muddy.

I've had at least 3 "public booze naps" at Glasto over the years.  One in a hedgerow near Avalon (2010 - part booze, part too much sun), one in the Acoustic Tent during K T Tunstall (2013.  Frozen Vodka & Orange juice for breakfast) and one at the back of the cabaret tent (2016.  Details = hazy).  The one in 2010, I woke up and someone had left me a cold bottle of water and a banana.  Spirit of Glastonbury right there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frankzekilo said:

This is not what I wanted to hear! Just had delivered the Bextoo 30000. Not plugged it in yet, but sounds like I might have made a bad decision from what you have put here! Plan was for that to do the big nightly charge and have an INUI 10000 for iterim charges to get through the day.