What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

38 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Got my festival backpack down from the attic and ordered nearly 30L of Lilley’s Cider for me and my camp mates. Can’t wait!

30L each, yeah? 🙈😂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

I use these for the wife’s snoring!

Any good for sleeping in? I got some normal earplugs I use for gigs but the internals are plastic and if I sleep with them in I wake up with a sore ear so was looking for something better this year

A very nice man has agreed to buy and bring my beer for me.

Bought a battery operated pump for the air bed.  Hesitated for a while but realised that even at other festivals, it will mean I can pump the bed up at my tent rather than at the car and carrying it from the car park (which can be a pain in rainy or windy weather).

26 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Any good for sleeping in? I got some normal earplugs I use for gigs but the internals are plastic and if I sleep with them in I wake up with a sore ear so was looking for something better this year

The person who recommended them said just to squeeze into the outer ear not shove in too far

I have written a list... or rather 2 lists. One is laminated for future reference. The second is also laminated, but is colour coded. Highlighted pink means I have it. Highlighted blue means Mr CG has it, and yellow is still to buy. Luckily the still to buy is all food and drink. I do believe I am winning and it has really put my mind at ease. I'm currently on Nightshifts, and I couldn't sleep today thinking about the damn list 🤣 I have 5 rest days to sort stuff before we head to Glastonbury a week on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, northernringo said:

Has anyone ever used rehydration tablets/sachets for a hangover? Would you recommend any in particular?

Yeah! I use 'nuun' brand here in Canada, they're meant for marathoners but what I'm doing is much harder on the body. I definitely feel loads better when I wake up, but as Quark has said, make sure you have them when you're going to bed. 

Spent HOURS helping Mrs B shop last night. 

Then this morning bought the following: 

• Sunglasses for Mrs B 
  • Lovely patterned flares for Mrs B
  • A sequinned bralette for Mrs B 

I also invested in my own gear, and became a member of team walking boots...

image.png.c67738fd06484fb9c2891656cb1e2f02.png

Weather forecast dependent I may invest in a new pair of wellies a week before the festival too. These boots will probably come to the festival still in their box, and may be returned to the retailer after the festival if I've got by without them. 

image.png.bb2493588f0a50956419eac5bd3eda3e.pngimage.png.c38fe95514950e78e83557b629fa87ce.pngimage.png.09163a02e063c51a0a1c9354f3d2df7f.png

Searched for our welly socks for half an hour. Couldn't find welly socks. Wondered where to get new welly socks. Figured out I forgot to check a box. Found more welly socks than I thought we had. The exciting life of the Glastonbury packer...

Started first test run of the Anker 20000 on my Galaxy S10.  Charged from 15% up to 90% in less than 90 minutes, still >75% left in the power bank. Reckon I should be golden for charge with that.

I want to take more photos and be able to use WhatsApp this year to keep up with people so I'm not using a burner phone, but it does mean I'm paranoid about losing my phone after misplacing it in Stummerville in '15. So I've had a dig around and found these beauties, just looking for somewhere other than Amazon to buy them from but this will suit me down to the ground.

Phone Tether

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Started first test run of the Anker 20000 on my Galaxy S10.  Charged from 15% up to 90% in less than 90 minutes, still >75% left in the power bank. Reckon I should be golden for charge with that.

I want to take more photos and be able to use WhatsApp this year to keep up with people so I'm not using a burner phone, but it does mean I'm paranoid about losing my phone after misplacing it in Stummerville in '15. So I've had a dig around and found these beauties, just looking for somewhere other than Amazon to buy them from but this will suit me down to the ground.

Phone Tether

this is the one i got 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275142554713?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

• Thanks 1