What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Cover the box with a silver foil space blanket. Beer will still be cold come sunday

I find that it stays cold for many days anyway, it’s a pretty good box. The foil will help. Although I guess beers will warm up once they’re in the day bag anyway. 

1 minute ago, PassingCloud said:

I find that it stays cold for many days anyway, it’s a pretty good box. The foil will help. Although I guess beers will warm up once they’re in the day bag anyway. 

We use the caprisuns as ice blocks and take one out every day to put in the day bag, keeps the beers a little colder and provides a nice drink when defrosted! 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

We use the caprisuns as ice blocks and take one out every day to put in the day bag, keeps the beers a little colder and provides a nice drink when defrosted! 

That’s also a good tip! My son will live the froze capri sun. 

9 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

True, but the tip for that is to drink your daily stash faster 🥳

2 hours ago, waynewdk said:

So at the weekend I went to the Bradford Dance Festival which is in well developed area, quite a few 5G masses about, 1 being about 1/2 mile away, and they could not handle the 4000 people attending, nothing sent and lost mates numerous times

"EE said it is installing seven temporary masts – alongside the two permanent sites in the area – to boost coverage at Worthy Farm during the festival, which takes place in late June.

As a result of the continued rise of social media, messaging services and video live-streaming, as well as faster 5G connectivity, the mobile operator said it expects data usage during the event to exceed 200 terabytes – equivalent to viewing eight billion Instagram posts – and double the 100 terabytes used during the last Glastonbury Festival in 2019."

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/national/ee-expects-glastonbury-data-usage-to-double-at-this-year-s-festival-49012/

2 hours ago, waynewdk said:

So at the weekend I went to the Bradford Dance Festival which is in well developed area

I’ve never seen Odsal and developed in the same sentence. 

Most of the 5G masts will have been chopped down as they will have been mistaken for traffic cameras. 

I’ve noticed loss of signal at any major gathering in West Yorkshire. Football matches are comparable in terms of crowd size and density and signal is usually non existent during the game.  

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve never seen Odsal and developed in the same sentence. 

Most of the 5G masts will have been chopped down as they will have been mistaken for traffic cameras. 

I’ve noticed loss of signal at any major gathering in West Yorkshire. Football matches are comparable in terms of crowd size and density and signal is usually non existent during the game.  

Haha I’m meaning it’s not in Rural

For the last couple of hours I’ve been studying power banks, trying to get an understanding of fast charging, studying all the variables usb a v usb c and lightening cables, I’ve got a iPhone 8 you see with a standard cable that can charge 7.5w - 10.4w with the plug part being 10w, Max’s my  phone can draw 18w so I’m not maximising my charging speed, so to benefit I will  need a USB - C output on my power bank, with a USB -C to a lightening cable to connect to my phone

Edited by waynewdk

9 hours ago, waynewdk said:

For the last couple of hours I’ve been studying power banks, trying to get an understanding of fast charging, studying all the variables usb a v usb c and lightening cables, I’ve got a iPhone 8 you see with a standard cable that can charge 7.5w - 10.4w with the plug part being 10w, Max’s my  phone can draw 18w so I’m not maximising my charging speed, so to benefit I will  need a USB - C output on my power bank, with a USB -C to a lightening cable to connect to my phone

The power bank battery will last longer if you charge your phone more slowly.

15 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

A fractured knee cap is not what you want to hear 2 weeks before Glastonbury ☹☹☹

Currently strapped into the brace of doom - find out tomorrow what the treatment plan will be.

So I've now thrown everything out the window regarding any plans and I'm going with a fuck it attitude, I'll be there and I'll be hobbling!

Hey lovely, that’s sounds grim, good luck x

Tickets arrived yesterday at the same time as my airbed from Halfords! 
I've ordered some new wellies and downloaded the EPIC glasto packing list. 
Then last night I fell asleep reading all the info on the Glasto app, even though I knew it all it was just nice to re-read and imagine all those trolley dragging, beer swigging miles I will trudge to the campsite on the Wednesday! 

Edited by ameski18

• Picked up my walking boots, and bedding them in! 
  • Got a new 60L Backpack for all my wares! 
  • Grabbed a Self Inflating Mat that rolls really rather small - hopefully it's enough for a good nights sleep! 

4 hours ago, ceetee said:

The power bank battery will last longer if you charge your phone more slowly.

And most power banks only have a max 5w outlet anyway, which is probably fast enough to be useable.  It's the mAh rating that is probably more important than charging speed as this is how much charge it can hold.  I've gone for 20,000 mAh this year which should be enough for both me & the Mrs for the 5 days (I'm very light on usage as don't do social media).

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

This is such a lame question but what tog duvet do we think would be sufficient for use in a tent at the festival?

We've a double sleeping bag that's a 10.  Bit warm for me but my wife loves it.  I just unzip my side and stick arms/legs out if it's too warm.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

This is such a lame question but what tog duvet do we think would be sufficient for use in a tent at the festival?

It can get VERY cold at night, but then as soon as the sun comes up, you'll be sweating and just want to get out of bed, its almost like you need 2 different duvets/sleeping bags, one for when you go to be and one for the morning