What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

I can see the point of a gazebo if you have a decent sized gang and want a bit of communal space, what I’ve never understood is the perimeter of red/white tape thing. It’s such a NIMBY/antisocial move, especially at a festival. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I can see the point of a gazebo if you have a decent sized gang and want a bit of communal space, what I’ve never understood is the perimeter of red/white tape thing. It’s such a NIMBY/antisocial move, especially at a festival. 

We’ve got a gazebo that is fully enclosed that we are bringing. We only have a four man tent for 4 of us so will be storing all our stuff in the gazebo and will have somewhere to sit if it does rain 

17 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

a few years ago someone camping near us hat tape around their area, every morning someone had ripped the tape and they kept replacing it until they must have run out of tape to replace it by the Sunday night

• Upvote 1

Figured as we're now in June it was time to at least make some sort of cursory effort at preparation.  Dug out the old rucksack and emptied the pockets of the leftover items from 2019, 3 disposable ponchos, 2 space blankets and some suntan lotion that I think I've been using since the mid 90s.  Surprised to find that both my torches are still alive after I left the batteries in and they've not been used in 3 years.

We now have a designated box in the garage to start gathering all our Glasto bits and bobs.

Packing needs to be completed by Thursday 16th as I’m on a stag the weekend after, then busy AF with work until the festival. 

Need to be prepped early!

3 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

We’ve got a gazebo that is fully enclosed that we are bringing. We only have a four man tent for 4 of us so will be storing all our stuff in the gazebo and will have somewhere to sit if it does rain 

I get that. We’ve a 4 person tent for 2 of us and the porch is big enough to sit/stand in. I guess that 2 of those is not taking up any more space than your set up.

8 hours ago, mttJ said:

Luckily just had a look on the Glasto website before one of our group was about to buy a gazebo!

Had no idea this was a thing.

Screenshot 2022-06-04 at 16.35.55.png

Can’t remember the year but it might be 2014 but security were wandering around ripping them down 

14 minutes ago, danssol said:

Can’t remember the year but it might be 2014 but security were wandering around ripping them down 

They've been proactively removing Gazebos for a lot longer than that - since at least 2008 and possibly earlier.

When they first started, it tended to be enforced only in the busier areas, but for a while now it's been everywhere.

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:17 AM, irnkrtn said:

Seeing how long it takes in this glorious sunshine to take my jackery to 100%. Was at 50% at 11.13 so let's see!

PXL_20220603_101401467.jpg

So how long did it take? 

Also, 65W input is impressive from UK Sun!!! That's as much as it draws from the wall!

8 hours ago, Alvoram said:

So how long did it take? 

Also, 65W input is impressive from UK Sun!!! That's as much as it draws from the wall!

I know! Only dropped to 55w in the clouds too. 

I had a doughnut emergency so had to stop at 80% but just about 90 minutes to get there which is ridiculous! 

Charged the old Anker battery pack for shits & giggles, mainly to check it still worked, it does.

Took the Bus for a pootle yesterday.

Had another little think about the possibility of maybe writing something on the to do/to bring list - it's still empty.

Looked at the GlastoCam - big smiles at the sight of actual tents in the Park 

Started gathering stuff into a pile.. currently just an impractical but dazzlingly shiny green/blue jacket and an amazing sequin t shirt I got for a fiver on Vinted 👍 

Trying to decide:

1. Wellies or walking boots + gaiters

2. Sleeping bag or duvet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My tent has departed to my mate who is on the earlier bus … 

CB2A815A-7F81-4F2A-B306-D2DD30287B0D.jpeg

Is it an inflatable air tent ? I've got a an inflatable awning and really impressed with it, takes about 2 mins to pump up 👍

Just now, gazzared said:

Is it an inflatable air tent ? I've got a an inflatable awning and really impressed with it, takes about 2 mins to pump up 👍

Yep 5 min setup for me … might take 10 for my friend who’s taking it for me … it’s a bit heavier than I’d like to have given to a friend … but it’s new and great so I’m not buying a smaller one just for 1 festival 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yep 5 min setup for me … might take 10 for my friend who’s taking it for me … it’s a bit heavier than I’d like to have given to a friend … but it’s new and great so I’m not buying a smaller one just for 1 festival 

Great...I've noticed with my awning it's best not to fully inflate the two poles before pegging out as it makes it too difficult to adjust, then once pegged finish off the poles to maximum pressure 

Just got everything down from the loft to make sure i haven't lost anything in the last few years and spent a bit of time planning what needs to go with me on the first trip and what can be left behind for the 2nd, in the past ive tried to take everything in 1 trip to save me having to go back to the car, but ive always regretted it, definitely splitting it into at least 2 trips this time