What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

35 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Dogs are being bathed today so they can have a short haircut today to make them easier for the dog sitter.

As a casual dog sitter, I would like to thank you on behalf of your dogsitter.

Received a stock of catfood that should normally last until post festival. One worry less.

Fixed the groundwater pump that was leaking a bit so that the garden survives the week of perfect but not too warm sunshine we'll have.

7 minutes ago, moogster said:

As a casual dog sitter, I would like to thank you on behalf of your dogsitter.

Received a stock of catfood that should normally last until post festival. One worry less.

Fixed the groundwater pump that was leaking a bit so that the garden survives the week of perfect but not too warm sunshine we'll have.

As the owner of 2 very hairy dogs during Summer it’s in their best interest. If they are not combed properly and get matted  and the weather is hot it would just make them really uncomfortable. Being a casual dog sitter as well I know how scary it is combing someone else’s dogs. What I know my dogs would put up with felt like taking my life in my own hands with my friends dog so short and well combed the night before we leave should mean they will cope until we get back. 

19 hours ago, moogster said:

That sounds gross. Or brilliant. Please let us know!

They have single bottles in Home Bargains if you wanted to try it before Glasto, Parma Violet flavour too. I hate cider but I know there are a lot of Brother's fans on here

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

As the owner of 2 very hairy dogs during Summer it’s in their best interest. If they are not combed properly and get matted  and the weather is hot it would just make them really uncomfortable. Being a casual dog sitter as well I know how scary it is combing someone else’s dogs. What I know my dogs would put up with felt like taking my life in my own hands with my friends dog so short and well combed the night before we leave should mean they will cope until we get back. 

Tell this to my bro-in-law who doesn't seem to mind too much himself that poo gets tangled on the way out. (sorry TMI I know).
*mental note to give long haired cat a light bikini trim in a week or so *

While starting the pile, noticed that leaving batteries for a few years in a camping lamp is NOT a good idea. And now off to the shops to remediate to that and get some compeed.

31 minutes ago, highnrg123 said:

Looking for power bank suggestions 🙂 

Mine are really old and won't even turn on! 

I got the INIU 20000mAh one off Amazon last week for £24. It's currently at £31. 

The good thing about this one is it has  USB-C input and output, whereas the equivalent Anker doesn't. 

Depends on what you are going to be charging, but if you have got a new phone it will have PD or QC charging capability but you will need a PD/QC capable cable to do that. Just makes it charge the phone even faster.

• Like 1

I got the INIU 20000mAh one off Amazon last week for £24. It's currently at £31. 

The good thing about this one is it has  USB-C input and output, whereas the equivalent Anker doesn't. 

Depends on what you are going to be charging, but if you have got a new phone it will have PD or QC charging capability but you will need a PD/QC capable cable to do that. Just makes it charge the phone even faster.

got the same one last week too,  seems decent enough and should do the job!

Edited by Walter Sobchak

46 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Managed to get 24 for £2.40 a can. 

also got my beer from Costco and just set up the tent to dry out as it was a little damp when we packed up at bearded. 

Where did you get them from at that price?

23 minutes ago, moogster said:

Tell this to my bro-in-law who doesn't seem to mind too much himself that poo gets tangled on the way out. (sorry TMI I know).
*mental note to give long haired cat a light bikini trim in a week or so *

While starting the pile, noticed that leaving batteries for a few years in a camping lamp is NOT a good idea. And now off to the shops to remediate to that and get some compeed.

Lol yes those things are not advertised in the dog ownership book. They also don’t tell you about pulling grass out of their arses if they enjoy grazing like a dairy cow (which ours do!!)

Testing of battery powered objects is on tomorrow’s list. 

3 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Luckily just had a look on the Glasto website before one of our group was about to buy a gazebo!

Had no idea this was a thing.

Screenshot 2022-06-04 at 16.35.55.png

its become more and more a thing .... they seem to have disappeared last time .... also one of the things most often broken and abandoned onsite 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its become more and more a thing .... they seem to have disappeared last time .... also one of the things most often broken and abandoned onsite 

Good to know, definitely wouldn't have expected it to be a thing as they're always sold at the festivals I've been to.

Last thing we'd want to do as first timers is piss off the people around us, so we'll endure the rain if we have to.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Lol yes those things are not advertised in the dog ownership book. They also don’t tell you about pulling grass out of their arses if they enjoy grazing like a dairy cow (which ours do!!)

Testing of battery powered objects is on tomorrow’s list. 

This doesn’t necessarily read well, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt 👍🏼

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Got my lights on and tested on my bike trailer to push the kids round in. Got bike lights on the front wheel, fairy lights all around the side and a pole with multicoloured lights about 2.5m tall. 

Sounds good. One of the great delights of the festival is seeing the incredible variety of beautifully decorated and illuminated carts and trolleys used to transport kids around the site. Even seen them pushed up to the sign!  We are always impressed by how happy and contented young kids always seem to be, as if the festival vibe transcends the generations. 

50 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Luckily just had a look on the Glasto website before one of our group was about to buy a gazebo!

Had no idea this was a thing.

Screenshot 2022-06-04 at 16.35.55.png

It was quite frustrating at bearded theory last week when premium camping space was taken up by these huge things with loads of taped off areas.