What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

On 5/27/2022 at 9:25 PM, Lesley2337 said:

I was going to ask about soap. 

I can't find any mini bottles of hand soap for after the toilets, with a lid that closes (or it'll end up leaking in my bag) Are these paper ones any good?  Any links? 

We use cheeky monkey paper soap that’s on eBay it’s really good. 

Just got trolley out of shed and decided it definitely needs 2 new tyres as one won’t inflate and the other one is splitting. So after internet research - just bought 2 new trolley tyres! 

6 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

I was worried about this too. I’d hate for all your efforts to be scuppered by the wheels.

do they also know not to try to take much in the first trip. Assuming they’re travelling by car, they should take their tent and a few essentials in the wristband queue then go back for the trolley once the tent is up.

I will remind him!  I agree it will only be of use in dry conditions.  In the past he has either used Camplight or I have setup his tent on Wed in Pennards via CVW

1 hour ago, moogster said:

My better half who so far had little interest in Glasto prep decided today was the day to wash the sleeping bags. NOW I CAN START NON-STEALTHY PACKING! 😄

I created space in my bedside table for stealthy packing- elicited a roll of the eyes from my wife (who can’t make it this year)

40 minutes ago, bonosbaby25 said:

I’ve got solar powered bees and sunflowers, they look beautiful 😍 

Are they small/light enough to fit in a coach rucksack and if so any chance you have a link you wouldn't mind sharing?

I'm in Sticklinch and I think anything that marks out your spot may be helpful if you're erm confused at night

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Are they small/light enough to fit in a coach rucksack and if so any chance you have a link you wouldn't mind sharing?

I'm in Sticklinch and I think anything that marks out your spot may be helpful if you're erm confused at night

[50 LED] Solar Garden Lights,... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S1J7257?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

these are the bee lights, very light so would easily fit in a rucksack x I’m not sure where the sunflowers are from, hubby got them x 

definitely ideal to help find your space when you are confused 🙈 x try what 3 words app too, although that only works as long as your phone is charged lol x

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bonosbaby25 said:

[50 LED] Solar Garden Lights,... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S1J7257?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

these are the bee lights, very light so would easily fit in a rucksack x I’m not sure where the sunflowers are from, hubby got them x 

definitely ideal to help find your space when you are confused 🙈 x try what 3 words app too, although that only works as long as your phone is charged lol x

Ooh they look lovely, thanks 🙂 

That's what I've done today, ordered some bees.

Edited by clarkete
  • Like 1

I was wondering whether to take some solar lights (I actually have some new packs we didn't use for the pub.)

However, hasn't the sun come up already by the time most of you get back to your tent? 

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

I was wondering whether to take some solar lights (I actually have some new packs we didn't use for the pub.)

However, hasn't the sun come up already by the time most of you get back to your tent? 

I'm pushing 50, so rarely get past 3:00am these days.

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm pushing 50, so rarely get past 3:00am these days.

I don't think 3am is a poor effort at all... I'm worried I won't make it much past 1-2am, hence me asking. 🙈😂

In seriousness, no harm in putting something identifying near or on your tent.  It gets mental packed in most fields and some look very samey when its dark/you're pissed/tired etc.  I spent at least 2 hours in 2010 trying to find our tent as I was absolutely fucked up.  Took me an hour to realise I was in the wrong field.  If you can, stick a unique flag up that you can see from distance and put some lights or prayer flags or similar on the tent for when you get closer. 

5 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

In seriousness, no harm in putting something identifying near or on your tent.  It gets mental packed in most fields and some look very samey when its dark/you're pissed/tired etc.  I spent at least 2 hours in 2010 trying to find our tent as I was absolutely fucked up.  Took me an hour to realise I was in the wrong field.  If you can, stick a unique flag up that you can see from distance and put some lights or prayer flags or similar on the tent for when you get closer. 

I've downloaded What3words app but haven't used it yet - does that work ok?  (assuming you are compis mentis enough to operate your phone etc).

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I've downloaded What3words app but haven't used it yet - does that work ok?  (assuming you are compis mentis enough to operate your phone etc).

Considering this.  But there's usually at least one night per festival where I'm so ruined I couldn't even operate the phone.  My iPhone didn't even recognise my face on Saturday night in 2019.  Fuck knows what I looked like.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

I created space in my bedside table for stealthy packing- elicited a roll of the eyes from my wife (who can’t make it this year)

You need to work on your stealth skills 🙂 I just discreetly re-arranged the crap and travel boxes and some of my clothing so that they could easily be transfered to the non-stealth Glasto box that I'll fill this week end!