What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Second Ankar passed the test, charged my phone for 5 days. 

Next big thing is to air the tent, which we’ll be doing on Saturday, weather permitting. 

Also need to strain the skittles vodka! 

Picked up my F&B tent.  Although I am sure I will love it, I am not a fan of the handle being at one end.  It might be all right if you're 6 foot tall but for me I can't carry it with a straight arm.  I will have to rig up some sort of horizontal handle or find another bag to put it in to carry it.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Picked up my F&B tent.  Although I am sure I will love it, I am not a fan of the handle being at one end.  It might be all right if you're 6 foot tall but for me I can't carry it with a straight arm.  I will have to rig up some sort of horizontal handle or find another bag to put it in to carry it.

The handle also starts to tear away from the carry case after a few uses, so I usually make my own handle with some cord or a small ratchet strap. You can cinch the frame of the tent inwards and tie it off to keep the strap taught and easy to use as a handle.

Edited by offmytrolley

6 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

You will need waders for Download 

Hopefully we will get our fill of wet, soggy festival days completed at that Download, and then sunshine for the main event 🙂 I've also been planning what drink to take and planning vodka infusions. Seems every thought comes back to festivals at the moment. 

1 hour ago, offmytrolley said:

You can cinch the frame of the tent inwards and tie it off to keep the strap taught and easy to use as a handle.

Sorry, I haven't even opened it yet so I'm not sure what this means - but I think you mean that yours is the easy pitch, mine is the pole version?

42 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Sorry, I haven't even opened it yet so I'm not sure what this means - but I think you mean that yours is the easy pitch, mine is the pole version?

Ah yes, mine's the popup one. The giant disc shape isn't great for carrying either 🙂 

Just went on a bit of a shopping spree for TOTALLY NECESSARY items: a new far too pricey bucket hat that deals with sun and light rain, socks with wool, quick dry trousers and shirt and electrolytes. Ready for all weather conditions.

• Upvote 1

Just been paid so I've bought some rehydration stuff, a new sleeping bag, some new charging leads for my phone because the old ones were screwed, a soft water bottle and some silicone earplugs. At the weekend I got my tent out to air it and check all the pegs were there. I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now. 

In the last few days I've bought:

• High5 electrolyte tabs
  • New shorts, shirts and walking trousers 
  • Lanyards for my wallet and phone (I don't trust sitting down me, and definitely don't trust 2am me) 
  • Packable daypack 
  • Packable waterproof 
  • Wilko double walled bottles for spirit mixers 
  • Tomato juice for bloody marys

Just booked my train tickets for 8:23am Wednesday morning open return and earlier set my new out of office. Glastonbury is getting closer and closer!

Bought this Whisky. Bought 2 Ponchos. Put my new, yet to be tested, tent up! 
Ordered wellies online.  Wrote a packing list and started laying stuff out on the floor of my spare room! 

Now I just need to set behind the front door and wait for my ticket to drop through the letterbox!