What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Bit the bullet and bought a F&B tent.  Was tempted by the two man quick pitch one but decided the cheaper 3 man with a small porch was better for me.  Half pitched it in the garden to make sure it was all there and I even managed to get the bastard back into the bag.

Also bought a new pair of walking boots as a walk through wet grass last week left my feet soaking.

Both will be put to the test at Bearded Theory next weekend. And I have started getting my stuff ready for that.

I have now realised that the 3 man poled Quecha F&B tent for £89.95 for sale In the Decathlon shop is not the same as the 3 man poled Quecha F&B tent for £89.95 on sale on the Decathlon website.  So I have just ordered the one online and will return the one to the shop as the one I got in the shop hasn't got a decent porch.

2 hours ago, moogster said:

Went to explore the "crap box that includes foreign currency" and dug out a whole 18 pounds AND a random 10 Euros.

That's a good 4 drinks at the bar and a fancy craft beer or two for when I go and stock up next week!

Did the same, pulled out 35 quid, first few drinks sorted.

• Like 1

As the individual line up posters come out, I have begun the mental process of telling/preparing myself that I am going to miss out and there's always next year. It's all I can do at this point. When the festival gets under away, I'll be on the balcony with a cold can of cider going through iPlayer watch the highlights.

16 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I have now realised that the 3 man poled Quecha F&B tent for £89.95 for sale In the Decathlon shop is not the same as the 3 man poled Quecha F&B tent for £89.95 on sale on the Decathlon website.  So I have just ordered the one online and will return the one to the shop as the one I got in the shop hasn't got a decent porch.

They have both online too - it’s very confusing… 

Im guessing this is the one you want? Reckon I’m going for it too:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/3-person-blackout-poled-tent-mh100xl-fresh-black/_/R-p-331796

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

They have both online too - it’s very confusing… 

Im guessing this is the one you want? Reckon I’m going for it too:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/3-person-blackout-poled-tent-mh100xl-fresh-black/_/R-p-331796

Yes that's the one I've ordered - it's being delivered instore tomorrow so I'll return the one I bought yesterday at the same time as picking up the new one.  I just never thought that there would be two so similar but crucially different.  I think a porch is almost essential.

So somebody mentioned this thread to us over the weekend and asked us how much preparation we have to do to get ready to trade at Glastonbury. 

Well, most of our festival kit hasn’t been used for 3 years since it went in to storage at the end of 2019, so currently every spare moment is taken up checking it, cleaning it and ensuring it’s all safe for June. 

Today’s job was checking our roof signage and making sure it’s not gonna fall off. 

If there’s any interest in such things I’ll try and update as the next month rapidly disappears. 

B023655C-0537-42F3-B65B-B245ADF84D83.png

8C72B70B-475A-4BCB-9CBF-64F6745A9CE0.png

• Like 4

Proofed the tent and jackets as sacrifice to the weather gods. Cleaned my hiking boots, then went for a long walk with the dog to make sure they’re fine. Drank cider. Good day.

1 hour ago, Eat The Farm said:

So somebody mentioned this thread to us over the weekend and asked us how much preparation we have to do to get ready to trade at Glastonbury. 

Well, most of our festival kit hasn’t been used for 3 years since it went in to storage at the end of 2019, so currently every spare moment is taken up checking it, cleaning it and ensuring it’s all safe for June. 

Today’s job was checking our roof signage and making sure it’s not gonna fall off. 

If there’s any interest in such things I’ll try and update as the next month rapidly disappears. 

B023655C-0537-42F3-B65B-B245ADF84D83.png

8C72B70B-475A-4BCB-9CBF-64F6745A9CE0.png

Keep the updates coming! 

Packed for Bearded Theory. I have made a note of exactly what I've packed and the plan is that when I'm back next week I will revise my list for Glasto.  There are some things I am taking to BT that I know I won't be taking to Glasto as I am going by car to BT and the distances mean leaving things in the car is doable.  But all my kit fitted in my rucksack (and the weight felt OK) and most of the extras are in a separate bag so I hope only a few tweaks are needed.

One thing I did realise is that the rucksack I'm using for BT does not have as many straps and bits on it to attach things so I will be using a different one for Glasto.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

More uv painting …. Nearly done now …. One more evening till I’m done I think 

image.jpg

So glad you got a ticket 🙂  will be able to see you from miles away in the SE corner wearing these!

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Packed for Bearded Theory. I have made a note of exactly what I've packed and the plan is that when I'm back next week I will revise my list for Glasto.  There are some things I am taking to BT that I know I won't be taking to Glasto as I am going by car to BT and the distances mean leaving things in the car is doable.  But all my kit fitted in my rucksack (and the weight felt OK) and most of the extras are in a separate bag so I hope only a few tweaks are needed.

One thing I did realise is that the rucksack I'm using for BT does not have as many straps and bits on it to attach things so I will be using a different one for Glasto.

See you there. Can't wait. I'm going as Bruce Banner on the Sunday. Say hello.  Just don't make me angry..

31 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

See you there. Can't wait. I'm going as Bruce Banner on the Sunday. Say hello.  Just don't make me angry..

I think I might be tempted to make you angry just so I can see what happens.

I have failed miserably at the fancy dress.  Partly because I am sort of going with someone from work who I don't know particularly well and joining her friends.  

So I have just bought a Zelensky mask.  

Edited by Beerqueen

5 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I think I might be tempted to make you angry just so I can see what happens.

I have failed miserably at the fancy dress.  Partly because I am sort of going with someone from work who I don't know particularly well and joining her friends.  

So I have just bought a Zelensky mask.  

It's going to be a fantastic weekend. Can't wait 😀

Just now, Jay Pee said:

It's going to be a fantastic weekend. Can't wait 😀

I know!  I love BT anyway, but after a three year wait, I am almost at explosion point!  I did find getting everything ready quite exciting but also quite confusing trying to remember what on earth I need to take. Having said that, I have been to festivals last year (and even the year before!) so not as long a wait as for some.

But I've got my beer and my beer tankard. 

It's times like this I really feel we need a little badge to wear so we can ambush other efest people.

I got some titanium tent pegs from AliExpress today, they came in about 13 days which is pretty great. I got 12 for £23 which I am happy with - they're so much lighter and a better design than the standard Decathlon ones, so hopefully they'll be less likely to bend if the ground is hard, and they'll be easier to get in and out.

image.thumb.png.208ab3998d7baa49016ad6fc27b2a46b.png

Today I have taken delivery of solar lights, two new camping chairs and a new pair of sandals.  I have had the notification to say that my F&B tent is ready for collection so will go and swap the one I bought on Saturday after work.