What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

3 hours ago, Robinn said:

Got myself a new backpack! 🙂

69DA9E5B-6E9E-44EB-8B31-38E8819A2A92.jpeg.588045f199f104da6c7a4ea42bbabc33.jpeg

it’s a bit too early to start packing, right?

Bit late if anything. You’ve got to check if everything fits in your bag and that your comfortable with the weight of it. 

Found a sunglasses case with two pairs inside that I'd forgotten I had! It's a sign that the sunshine is coming for sure! So I've packed them ready and it means I can leave my best ones at home. BUT the best thing was...there was a fiver in there as well! I never have spare cash pahaha! Can't believe it, so that's my first drink sorted when I get there too 👍🏼 good vibes ☀️

In stark contrast to the poster above, I dug out all of our waterproofs, and ordered some ponchos too.

We also went to Decathlon to pick up one of these each. 

65l-suitcase-urban-midnight-blue.thumb.jpg.097767032a04a6dc669e999e93a5ec10.jpg

It can be carried as a backpack, a holdall, or wheeled along as a trolley, depending on weather. 🤞 And it has lots of 'tie on' points. Cheap as chips too, I'm quite pleased with it.

Also, on the recommendation of somebody in the 'day bag' thread, ordered one of the 'G4Free Sling' Backpacks from Amazon. Thanks to whoever that was... 

3 hours ago, drewsstrat said:

Watching Spinal Taps Legendary 2009 Glasto set....  I remember wearing a  this one goes to 11!  t-shirt that day

Shrewsbury Town have a "turn it up to 11" in their ground as a nod to the fact that Harry Shearer wears a Town shirt.

4 hours ago, Robinn said:

Got myself a new backpack! 🙂

69DA9E5B-6E9E-44EB-8B31-38E8819A2A92.jpeg.588045f199f104da6c7a4ea42bbabc33.jpeg

it’s a bit too early to start packing, right?

Nice. Never too early to start packing 🙂

• Like 2

Went to Aldi yesterday and stocked up on pre-mixed cocktail cans, Cereal bars, nuts, sweets and ziploc bags. I'm itching to start packing already I'm that excited!

On 5/20/2022 at 9:42 AM, Charm said:

Bought myself a small tent, I’m staying off site due to health problems but I keep imagining being at the fest and needing a place to crash out x

I've done this before at a different festival! We were staying in a cheap hotel nearby (at the same time as a German Christianity conference, which was interesting - we'd be coming home as they'd be having breakfast) as our friend had hypermobility and didn't fancy camping, but we brought a small tent just to leave things in and to have a bit of a spot to sit down and have a quiet drink between daytime acts and getting ready to 'go out' for the headliners. We confused a stoner couple who were camping nearby and had spotted there were four of us in the group but only one small tent and eventually asked us how we all managed to get into it at night!

• Like 1

Bit the bullet and bought a F&B tent.  Was tempted by the two man quick pitch one but decided the cheaper 3 man with a small porch was better for me.  Half pitched it in the garden to make sure it was all there and I even managed to get the bastard back into the bag.

Also bought a new pair of walking boots as a walk through wet grass last week left my feet soaking.

Both will be put to the test at Bearded Theory next weekend. And I have started getting my stuff ready for that.

• Upvote 1