What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

3 hours ago, jparx said:

Where did you book parking in Bristol? We’re doing the exact same, getting the coach from Bristol. We had a whole other, better plan that’s totally fallen through after two years, so now I’m stuck driving to Bristol from Nottingham on the Weds, staying over in a hotel that night, then getting the coach on Thursday…I was looking at the train, but even with my green conscience I’m not paying best part of £200 for two tickets when parking for the weekend is half that…

A couple things you could look into -

I'm going from Nottingham to Bristol using Nat Ex - albeit on the Tuesday - and paid just about 20 quid for the journey including adding an extra bag just in case they kick off about the amount of luggage. That was a couple months ago though, so prices may well be more now. Go via the Staff Discounts site for 20% off..

The other thing to check is for train tickets - I've always found that booking Nottingham to Cheltenham and Cheltenham to Bristol is cheaper than booking the through journey.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

A couple things you could look into -

I'm going from Nottingham to Bristol using Nat Ex - albeit on the Tuesday - and paid just about 20 quid for the journey including adding an extra bag just in case they kick off about the amount of luggage. That was a couple months ago though, so prices may well be more now. Go via the Staff Discounts site for 20% off..

The other thing to check is for train tickets - I've always found that booking Nottingham to Cheltenham and Cheltenham to Bristol is cheaper than booking the through journey.

Cheers man, I'll have a gander. Love me that staff discounts site.

6 hours ago, jparx said:

Where did you book parking in Bristol? We’re doing the exact same, getting the coach from Bristol. We had a whole other, better plan that’s totally fallen through after two years, so now I’m stuck driving to Bristol from Nottingham on the Weds, staying over in a hotel that night, then getting the coach on Thursday…I was looking at the train, but even with my green conscience I’m not paying best part of £200 for two tickets when parking for the weekend is half that…

Hotel Mercure Bristol Grand ... booked through yourparkingspace.com

Bought 5 litres of tent proofer. Got the trolley and rucksack out to check over. Ordered a new straw Sun Hat and power bar to charge the phone. Getting giddy now. 😃

6 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Bought 5 litres of tent proofer. Got the trolley and rucksack out to check over. Ordered a new straw Sun Hat and power bar to charge the phone. Getting giddy now. 😃

5 litres ... have you got a marquee ? 🙂 

7 hours ago, NickM45 said:

Booked a week in Tenerife from the Weds after the festival. Always wanted to do a beach holiday after Glasto and decided this was the year to do that.

Sounds perfect 👏👏👏iam going to shell island 🤣

Edited by gazzared
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

5 litres ... have you got a marquee ? 🙂 

Biggish 4 man tent so need a fair bit.  But I also give rain jackets/hats a couple of coats.  Just in case....

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Biggish 4 man tent so need a fair bit.  But I also give rain jackets/hats a couple of coats.  Just in case....

That might not be such a good idea.  Tentproofer is often a silicone based product designed to seal all the pores. Which is fine for tents but waterproof clothing is meant to be breathable, otherwise you’ll get soaked in your own sweat

On 5/15/2022 at 7:03 PM, Beerqueen said:

Found my shorts.  Tried them and they still fit - but I don't like them.  So ordered some new ones which annoyingly will only arrive the day before I go to Bearded Theory.  So if I don't like them or they don't fit, I'll have to take my old ones.

They were lying - they arrived yesterday.  Have yet to try them on but at least I have time to decide if I like them or not before BT.

Got a new job, and on the acceptance call immediately told them I needed annual leave for Glastonbury. Also went on a long walk to break in my new walking boots and added more to the must take pile in our kitchen (added blister plasters today) x

7 minutes ago, Jensescapade said:

Got a new job, and on the acceptance call immediately told them I needed annual leave for Glastonbury. Also went on a long walk to break in my new walking boots and added more to the must take pile in our kitchen (added blister plasters today) x

Broadly similar on job front. Well done us hey! 

Tested out my bed options today. Was going to go with a camp bed that I've somehow inherited but it's way too heavy to be bothering with so inflated 3 different airbeds I found in the loft, lucky for me one of them doesn't have a hole so we have a winner! 

13 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

That might not be such a good idea.  Tentproofer is often a silicone based product designed to seal all the pores. Which is fine for tents but waterproof clothing is meant to be breathable, otherwise you’ll get soaked in your own sweat

Aware of this, but even in brand new Goretex I’d sweat like a rutting pig. After 30 years of hiking and cycling, the whole “breathable” claim on technical fabrics is artistic licence IMO. Plus if it’s raining enough to need it and I’m just stood in a field then I’d rather it just keep the rain out.

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Aware of this, but even in brand new Goretex I’d sweat like a rutting pig. After 30 years of hiking and cycling, the whole “breathable” claim on technical fabrics is artistic licence IMO. Plus if it’s raining enough to need it and I’m just stood in a field then I’d rather it just keep the rain out.

I’ve found that as well, the best I’ve used is the shake dry jacket for my bike. But it’s all about layers. 

On 5/17/2022 at 11:34 AM, ohmygod said:

I booked a space last weekend from 9am on Tue 21st to 8pm of Monday 27th through the JustPark app for £16!!  It's proper parking at the galleries shopping centre as well about 15 minutes walk from Millennium Square pick up point.  Bargain....

Thanks for this just booked the same parking

moved down to Plymouth in the winter and I’ve been after somewhere to park in Bristol for when I want to return “up country” or escape on a plane …. This is quite a find for me !!!