What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

I've just found my sparkly DMs.  Does anyone know where my black Birkenstocks are?  I can find my old faithful, comfy as anything, muticolour ones but they really look on their last legs and I'm not sure they will survive Bearded Theory next week.

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Getting my Glasto t-shirts sorted.

Question - does anyone have an enormous sized version of Glastonbury's logo (the one below) they could send me? The bigger the better. I can't find a really large one on Google.

The reason why you can’t find a large image online is to prevent people doing what it seems you’re wanting to do. 

The Glastonbury logo and IP is copyrighted and owned by GFL. No t-shirt printing company is going to risk being sued by printing t-shirts with their brand on it. 

Nothing stopping you using the word Glastonbury on a t-shirt print but their logo is their property. Using someone elses designs without permission can lead to criminal charges in the UK. 

Did a lot of organising my trip. Booked a Premier Inn near the M5 outside Birmingham for the trip down and back. Booked a parking space in Bristol for the duration, as I pick up a bus from there. Also confirmed a slot for my Zoom training with Avalon bars. As this is my first time as a volunteer, I am really feeling bittersweet about the fact that I can’t begin to work out what clashes I may or may not have until I find out when my shifts are.

8 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Did a lot of organising my trip. Booked a Premier Inn near the M5 outside Birmingham for the trip down and back. Booked a parking space in Bristol for the duration, as I pick up a bus from there. Also confirmed a slot for my Zoom training with Avalon bars. As this is my first time as a volunteer, I am really feeling bittersweet about the fact that I can’t begin to work out what clashes I may or may not have until I find out when my shifts are.

Lots of great organising there, I feel the same about not knowing what I can see as don't know my shifts.

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Where did you book parking in Bristol? We’re doing the exact same, getting the coach from Bristol. We had a whole other, better plan that’s totally fallen through after two years, so now I’m stuck driving to Bristol from Nottingham on the Weds, staying over in a hotel that night, then getting the coach on Thursday…I was looking at the train, but even with my green conscience I’m not paying best part of £200 for two tickets when parking for the weekend is half that…

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Be glad you could do yours via Zoom ,in 2019 I had to re-arrange a holiday and travel to London to do mine in person! (Also for Shelter/Avalon Bars)

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Where did you book parking in Bristol? We’re doing the exact same, getting the coach from Bristol. We had a whole other, better plan that’s totally fallen through after two years, so now I’m stuck driving to Bristol from Nottingham on the Weds, staying over in a hotel that night, then getting the coach on Thursday…I was looking at the train, but even with my green conscience I’m not paying best part of £200 for two tickets when parking for the weekend is half that…

That sounds like an absolute mission. I'm driving from Notts too - but not until the Thurs 😞

2 minutes ago, David_303 said:

That sounds like an absolute mission. I'm driving from Notts too - but not until the Thurs 😞

Driving straight to the site, or picking up a coach on the way? It’s not the most fun drive from here down that neck of the woods is it!

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Driving straight to the site, or picking up a coach on the way? It’s not the most fun drive from here down that neck of the woods is it!

Driving there - via a stop off in Oxford to drop the 6 year old off! It's not a bad journey, I tend to do the a46 all the way (pretty much!) - the whole a42/m6/m5 thing is a proper boring drive, especially if the traffic is terrible around Brum. 

2 minutes ago, David_303 said:

Driving there - via a stop off in Oxford to drop the 6 year old off! It's not a bad journey, I tend to do the a46 all the way (pretty much!) - the whole a42/m6/m5 thing is a proper boring drive, especially if the traffic is terrible around Brum. 

Yeah that’s the bit that does my head in! 

3 hours ago, jparx said:

I booked a space last weekend from 9am on Tue 21st to 8pm of Monday 27th through the JustPark app for £16!!  It's proper parking at the galleries shopping centre as well about 15 minutes walk from Millennium Square pick up point.  Bargain....

4 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

I booked a space last weekend from 9am on Tue 21st to 8pm of Monday 27th through the JustPark app for £16!!  It's proper parking at the galleries shopping centre as well about 15 minutes walk from Millennium Square pick up point.  Bargain....

Absolute legend, I'll get on that!

Edit: is that for sure near the pickup? I know there's been a few different pickup spots in Bristol before. It's coming up as £15.40 now...immense!

Edited by jparx