What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

8 minutes ago, Mamba said:

After deliberating for ages, I went for this one... https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/self-inflating-camping-mattress-comfort-65-cm-1-person/_/R-p-142436

It's pretty thin, but I reckon I'll still prefer it to an airbed.  I'm sure thicker ones would be better, but they get pretty expensive, even more so if you want a double.  This one is pretty small and light when packed away.

Cheers. Yeah I was looking at the double version of that but it just folds in half rather than rolling up which is super annoying 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

A vote for Taylors here. they're passable, and available more or less everywhere. 

24 minutes ago, Oxtalis said:

I got Sainsbury's own this time - they're ok and they'll do the job without having to faff about with cafetiere or an AeroPress but I have had Taylors in the past and they're pretty good. 

Thank you both.

Thats what I want, something that doesn't involved much 'faff' but still decent coffee. 

On 5/11/2022 at 4:27 PM, blutarsky said:
  • Sorted my packing list.
  • Bought some expensive socks to stave off blisters (hopefully). 
  • Bought a second pair of Sealskinz waterproof socks (which hopefully won't be needed - actually, thinking about this I should have bought them closer to the festival, kept them in their packaging and returned them if not used).
  • Shortlisted some sunglasses (will be in desperate need of these, obviously).
  • Put in an offer for a daypack on eBay. 
  • Designed and ordered a custom Blutarsky T shirt.

What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know?
Where’s the spirit? Where’s the guts, huh?
This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you’re gonna let it be the worst.
“Ooh, we’re afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble.”
Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I’m not gonna take this.

Expensive anti-blister socks arrived. Not impressed initially when I put them on but they’re very comfy once inside a pair of shoes. Fingers crossed they work. Anyone else tried Danish Endurance? I think they were recommended in @jimmillen’s foot fetish thread. 

Off camping this weekend with my expat group. Good practice run for the tent to check it's all in working order. 

Packed my bag and checked the weight, with all the camping gear, clothes, 6 cans, 1L gin and 1 bottle of wine in it's 20kg. I reckon I can manage another 15 in a front bag and a shoulder one or 2 to cover the extra days. 

On the other hand I'm slightly dreading the walk from the gate to camp 

17 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Some of my fancy dress arrived today - a leopard print zentai suit. Fits perfectly 🙂

Hey lovely, looked up what this was, I love it, sure you will look amazing, there are so many cool designs, saw a fab silver one, x

1 hour ago, Heather90 said:

Off camping this weekend with my expat group. Good practice run for the tent to check it's all in working order. 

Packed my bag and checked the weight, with all the camping gear, clothes, 6 cans, 1L gin and 1 bottle of wine in it's 20kg. I reckon I can manage another 15 in a front bag and a shoulder one or 2 to cover the extra days. 

On the other hand I'm slightly dreading the walk from the gate to camp 

Put stuff in the first lockup you get to then come back for a second trip

I have not drunk (apart from 3 or 4 polite beers with a visitor) for nearly 3 years.  I've got the week off work, got my chores out of the way and bought a pack of Old Mout to enjoy a sunny afternoon with the spotify glastonbury playlist.  This has been an excellent choice.

I booked a tent at Sticklinch, bought us both a new power bank and a cheap rechargeable camping lamp so I don't have to take my decent ones, and signed up to these forums at last. 🙂

Only problem is, I had lost hope of getting pre-erected camping but didn't want to bring our main family camping tent, and get it ruined, so I bought a cheap small vango one tent ago especially for Glasto. Now I have no need for it at all... 🙈

• Upvote 1

Yesterday was a trip! Managed to get 5 campervan tickets for my friend thanks to @blutarskyand @clarkete and @jac_frog. She has raised a ticket with See as she is currently on holiday in Florida so we’ll see what they say. 

Then shortly after dog sitter came for weekend trial. Good news so far she is seeing that Ferris is actually a sweetheart and not the noisy dickhead that he first appears to be. Question now is whether she has realised that Nuala is more of a dickhead than she first appears. Despite going to bed after Midnight I am awake at this ungodly hour because Nuala has programmed me to be! 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yesterday was a trip! Managed to get 5 campervan tickets for my friend thanks to @blutarskyand @clarkete and @jac_frog. She has raised a ticket with See as she is currently on holiday in Florida so we’ll see what they say. 

Then shortly after dog sitter came for weekend trial. Good news so far she is seeing that Ferris is actually a sweetheart and not the noisy dickhead that he first appears to be. Question now is whether she has realised that Nuala is more of a dickhead than she first appears. Despite going to bed after Midnight I am awake at this ungodly hour because Nuala has programmed me to be! 

Good news on the dog sitter front!