What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive got similar .... have a look on the fitness for Glasto thread for advice 

Oh great (thread, not your ailment!), thank you. I'll take a look. 

53 minutes ago, AGD said:

A lot! It comes out as a foam that you just rub on. I had bottle on my last Glasto trip, still almost full. Got a new bootie as the other is a good few years old. 

... has a coconut-like fragrance. 

I've sensitive skin (who doesn't want to have a reaction to a particular sun cream at Glasto 2016!?) - absolutely no issues with this. 

For £8 I'd certainly recommend grabbing a bottle and giving it a go on advance!

cheers, might give it a go although i'm thinking i might actually have a shower!

13 minutes ago, Mivy said:

Purchased a new pair of multi pocket knee length cargo shorts...perfect for a festival ..my fav pair from many moons ago was in a 32 waist,  last night I got the  dad bod version 2.0... money well spent

thanks ypou've reminded me that cakeboy will need to buy some new shorts that fit him.

17 hours ago, ghandi said:

I have no idea, got the tip off the footware thread. Tbf plasters were useless for me in 2019 so if it does its £2.50 well spent!

Hi,  it was possibly my tip and yes, it is great.  At the risk of sounding obsessed, a combination of the Zinc oxide tape and compede is a winner.

If you know where you get hot spots from walking / past festivals, put the zinc tape on at home before travelling and take with you.  it will last for the duration of the festival and can be touched up if required.  The best way to apply is get your feet up on a foot stool and ask someone dear to you to apply.  The trick is to ensure you don't get any creases in it as that can cause problems.  In the past i have put it on sole of heels and ball of foot plus around toes and all sorts.  That was out on military deployments carrying a large pack and covering big distances so shit needed to be right.  you are giving your feet a very tough second skin.  The compede is a good plan b if the back of the heel heel flares up.

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Is that not tempting fate a bit..! Proceed with extreme caution! 

Based on how quickly they book up it's necessary. I'm sure I could move the dates if the ticket gods get enraged but it's easier to cancel these services than it is to book them around here it seems. The person doing it this year is coming from a fair distance and is not as experienced as I'd like given the delicate medical conditions of Queen Nuala. 

• Sorted my packing list.
  • Bought some expensive socks to stave off blisters (hopefully). 
  • Bought a second pair of Sealskinz waterproof socks (which hopefully won't be needed - actually, thinking about this I should have bought them closer to the festival, kept them in their packaging and returned them if not used).
  • Shortlisted some sunglasses (will be in desperate need of these, obviously).
  • Put in an offer for a daypack on eBay. 
  • Designed and ordered a custom Blutarsky T shirt.

What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know?
Where’s the spirit? Where’s the guts, huh?
This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you’re gonna let it be the worst.
“Ooh, we’re afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble.”
Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I’m not gonna take this.

26 minutes ago, Oxtalis said:

Food shop last night so picked up a few bits n pieces to throw into the festival box. Some baby food smoothie pouches, tissues, suncream, coffee drip bags and Baileys. 

What kind of coffee bags do you use? 

I like my coffee, but need something I can take with me, that's not instant coffee. 

34 minutes ago, Lesley2337 said:

What kind of coffee bags do you use? 

I like my coffee, but need something I can take with me, that's not instant coffee. 

A vote for Taylors here. they're passable, and available more or less everywhere. 

• Like 1

I've spent the last week or two making lists, so thought I'd better start acting on it. Received a Decathlon order this morning including self inflating mat, welly insoles (won't need those), and lantern.

I also had an Amazon voucher burning a hole in my virtual pocket, so just ordered a sleep mask, rehydration tablets and a portable urinal (a pot to piss in).

Also got a bottle of Red Leg to decant at a later date.

43 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I've spent the last week or two making lists, so thought I'd better start acting on it. Received a Decathlon order this morning including self inflating mat, welly insoles (won't need those), and lantern.

I also had an Amazon voucher burning a hole in my virtual pocket, so just ordered a sleep mask, rehydration tablets and a portable urinal (a pot to piss in).

Also got a bottle of Red Leg to decant at a later date.

Which one did you go for? I'm still tossing up between a mat and an airbed - I think I'd probably prefer the firmer mat but I kinda want to take a double and those seem bulky asf (or really expensive) 

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Which one did you go for? I'm still tossing up between a mat and an airbed - I think I'd probably prefer the firmer mat but I kinda want to take a double and those seem bulky asf (or really expensive) 

After deliberating for ages, I went for this one... https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/self-inflating-camping-mattress-comfort-65-cm-1-person/_/R-p-142436

It's pretty thin, but I reckon I'll still prefer it to an airbed.  I'm sure thicker ones would be better, but they get pretty expensive, even more so if you want a double.  This one is pretty small and light when packed away.