What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

Oooh, now that is an excellent snack. 

So damn adaptable. morning tea? Stroopwafel. Just awoken from a nap and need a pick-me-up? Stroopwafel. Post work with a sneaky dark beer? Stroopwafel. After dinner and need a little sweet thing? Stroopwafel. Don’t need refrigeration, pretty robust, won’t go stale or soft, even slightly heatable to go all squidgy etc. I’m not saying they’re perfect, but they hit a lot of targets . . . 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, balti-pie said:

So damn adaptable. morning tea? Stroopwafel. Just awoken from a nap and need a pick-me-up? Stroopwafel. Post work with a sneaky dark beer? Stroopwafel. After dinner and need a little sweet thing? Stroopwafel. Don’t need refrigeration, pretty robust, won’t go stale or soft, even slightly heatable to go all squidgy etc. I’m not saying they’re perfect, but they hit a lot of targets . . . 

just googled what a Stroopwafel is, sounds ideal 👍

"The traditional way to eat the stroopwafel is to place it on top of a cup of hot coffee, tea or chocolate. This heats the waffle and slightly softens the syrup making the waffle soft on one side and slightly crispy on the other. Delicious! If you prefer your stroopwafel with cold milk, the answer is simple"

sub hot coffee, tea or chocolate with HOT CIDER 😅

Edited by gazzared
  • Upvote 1

Spent most of today so far repairing the van, finding evidence of mice, chewed sheets, foam and flags. I was going to replace some wood in the garage door but I can't get the 17 year old screws out so it'll be filler on solid wood. Washed the non chewed sheets, decanted spirits into plastic bottles, treated the roof and sides to wet and forget, cleaned the water tank, sinks. Looking for a deep clean of the van after Glastonbury before I take MrsCJ away in it 😄

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

just googled what a Stroopwafel is, sounds ideal 👍

"The traditional way to eat the stroopwafel is to place it on top of a cup of hot coffee, tea or chocolate. This heats the waffle and slightly softens the syrup making the waffle soft on one side and slightly crispy on the other. Delicious! If you prefer your stroopwafel with cold milk, the answer is simple"

sub hot coffee, tea or chocolate with HOT CIDER 😅

Very true. Dunking in a stout works too!

Found cans of Peroni in Tesco (£12 for 10 330ml) and gave them a road test - not bad! Also found a box of Henry Weston vintage cider so bought a bottle of that to try. My Blundstone boots arrived to plenty of time to walk those in. 

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Tested out some giftwrap bought a while ago for this pork belly

20220504_211705.jpg

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I managed to melt a hole in my previous one with a glue gun … so ive also recently got myself a new one ready for June meet 

I posted both of them, I am now the eFestivals poster of things 🙂

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, David_303 said:

I"m slowly and surely getting my stuff together. I'm currently using this box to hold everything. I've found about 5 powerbanks(!)

image.thumb.png.392a02ad676406d9430ce18b8a204318.png

Looks brilliantly organised. 

I would make sure that I left the speaker at the lockups when I wasn’t at the tent though. 

12 minutes ago, tarw said:

I would make sure that I left the speaker at the lockups when I wasn’t at the tent though. 

That's a decent tip. It's about about 8 years old and probably on its way out - but I'm still rather fond of it. It's not as big as it may appear in the pic! 

2 hours ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Picked up an Anker power bank. Back down to £29.99 on Amazon after going up in price. 

Don't be shy about sharing the mAh or a link please if it's still a reasonable price

I'm sure there will be others needing the same 😊

Edited by clarkete