What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Just now, balti-pie said:

How long you off for? ive got the long haul of Monday 20th (stewarding for Oxfam, so im heading down as soon as i can to walk around the quiet site before all the riff raff turn up!) all the way through to my return to work on Thurs 30th - a good long stretch, returning to work is always a right dick after glasto so i think a two day stint before a weekend is sensible . . . 

Minimal tbh.  Off on Wed, back to work on Tue.  Travelling from Reading on Wed, so depending on coach time I'll either train it up there on the Wed morning or head over and stay at my mate's (lives closer to Reading) the night before.  Will WFH on the Tuesday, but I might change my mind and book that as well. Worryingly I've currently got the rearranged Alanis Morissette tour at the O2 on the Tuesday night (!) so I might need to reconsider and just sleep on Tuesday 😄

27 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Wow that's leaving it late. Mine went in the system about 10 minutes after resale (Yes I logged in and did it on a Sunday!!) The 10 minutes was because of my jumping up and down cheering time!!

Yeah, I'm pretty bad at stuff like that. My dept and bosses are really flexible about holiday (plus I've been banging on about this for ages) so I get a little bit complacent about it 😄

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

Minimal tbh.  Off on Wed, back to work on Tue.  Travelling from Reading on Wed, so depending on coach time I'll either train it up there on the Wed morning or head over and stay at my mate's (lives closer to Reading) the night before.  Will WFH on the Tuesday, but I might change my mind and book that as well. Worryingly I've currently got the rearranged Alanis Morissette tour at the O2 on the Tuesday night (!) so I might need to reconsider and just sleep on Tuesday 😄

Yeah, I'm pretty bad at stuff like that. My dept and bosses are really flexible about holiday (plus I've been banging on about this for ages) so I get a little bit complacent about it 😄

My boss is pretty good as well. He was on my resale team banging F5 on the Sunday with his wife in Barcelona so he was expecting the holiday request!! I ended up getting a refund for the Alanis gig even before the resale as the Manchester one is during Glastonbury. Keeping fingers crossed that she will turn up. Bit gutted about it especially since Beth Orton was announced as support. 

On 5/3/2022 at 5:04 PM, Twiggy553 said:

Bought one of those drink infuser water bottles. Will put lime wedges inside the filter for optimum rum and coke goodness throughout the night. (I carry a hip flask of rum and add it to coke bought from food vendors)

This is an excellent shout. Thanks for the inspiration!

51 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

New wellies purchased. 

Fingers crossed they stay in the car all weekend 🤞

Better to have them and never use them. You don’t want to anger the weather gods. I think they may have shares in Dunlop/Hunters. 

8 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Bought some resealable freezer bags to store loo roll and stuff if it rains. 

Little packets of tissues are perfect for mobile bog roll, come nicely wrapped in resealable bags.

6 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Wow that's leaving it late. Mine went in the system about 10 minutes after resale (Yes I logged in and did it on a Sunday!!) The 10 minutes was because of my jumping up and down cheering time!!

I booked mine before I got a ticket!  I had a volunteering place so actually cancelled a couple of days when I actuallly got a ticket as won't be going til Wednesday.

35 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I booked mine before I got a ticket!  I had a volunteering place so actually cancelled a couple of days when I actuallly got a ticket as won't be going til Wednesday.

I would have but our HR system is so flaky that I probably wouldn’t have been able to cancel them if I didn’t get tickets 😂😂

19 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I feel so out of practice. Trying to compile a list of what needs sorting, and it seems awfully small.

Feel like I'm gonna get there and realise I've forgotten a bunch of stuff

There are always plenty of threads on here about lists 😊

I’ve started making a small pile of cereal bars, snacks and dark canned beers that’ll form my bag of sustenance - gonna keep an eye on special offers etc over the next few weeks and add to it gradually. 

important needs; 

Wet wipes 

maoam pinballs

stroopwaffels

rooibos teabags for late at night 

chai teabags for mornings 

schofferhofer cans for daytime 

beak brewery imperial stout cans for evening

other interesting 10%+ dark beers

And I put aside some money for petrol for getting down there, cos I found a spare sixty quid and thought I’d be constructive with it! 

9 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I’ve started making a small pile of cereal bars, snacks and dark canned beers that’ll form my bag of sustenance - gonna keep an eye on special offers etc over the next few weeks and add to it gradually. 

important needs; 

Wet wipes 

maoam pinballs

stroopwaffels

rooibos teabags for late at night 

chai teabags for mornings 

schofferhofer cans for daytime 

beak brewery imperial stout cans for evening

other interesting 10%+ dark beers

And I put aside some money for petrol for getting down there, cos I found a spare sixty quid and thought I’d be constructive with it! 

There are many things on that list that I don't have a clue what they are!

7 hours ago, balti-pie said:

That should be enough to get your car to the end of your street.