What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Finally picked up some new boots! Decathlon had them listed at £70 (down from £125) but they were on Amazon straight from the brand for £40(!). 

Time will tell whether they last as well as a really expensive pair but they're comfy and they look good so that'll do me for now. 

New backpack has arrived! 65L eurohike with a suitcase like opening (perfect for packing cubes) and comes with detachable day bag. In the sale for £35, I got a further 20% off to make it £27 with code brand20 but it doesnt seem to be working anymore. Either way still a steal at £35!

https://www.millets.co.uk/15989031/eurohike-colossus-ii-6515l-rucksack-15989031

• Upvote 1

Left it fairly late but decided to cancel my Worthy View booking, much as it does make everything soooo much easier I decided I couldn't really justify the cost... The refund will be enough to cover a Fresh & Black tent, a few other necessary bits & bobs and a fair portion of my festival beer & food kitty! 🙂

13 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Left it fairly late but decided to cancel my Worthy View booking, much as it does make everything soooo much easier I decided I couldn't really justify the cost... The refund will be enough to cover a Fresh & Black tent, a few other necessary bits & bobs and a fair portion of my festival beer & food kitty! 🙂

We've decided not to do WV this year too. 

We can't arrive until midday Thursday so it'll mean a friend taking our tent on the Wednesday and setting it up. 

20 minutes ago, Lithoniel said:

Had a spare 1L Coke bottle to decanted a bottle of vodka into it, its the little things.

Know what you mean! I bought some thick socks today

Bought one of those drink infuser water bottles. Will put lime wedges inside the filter for optimum rum and coke goodness throughout the night. (I carry a hip flask of rum and add it to coke bought from food vendors)

i've got myself a flashing yellow light to put on the mobility scooter i'll be riding, i'm worried it'll be difficult in crowds at night because people won't see me, they will with that light tho.

Just now, Quark said:

Holiday formally approved.  Boss was fine with it as we've spoken previously, but now it's locked and in the system

How long you off for? ive got the long haul of Monday 20th (stewarding for Oxfam, so im heading down as soon as i can to walk around the quiet site before all the riff raff turn up!) all the way through to my return to work on Thurs 30th - a good long stretch, returning to work is always a right dick after glasto so i think a two day stint before a weekend is sensible . . . 

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Holiday formally approved.  Boss was fine with it as we've spoken previously, but now it's locked and in the system

Wow that's leaving it late. Mine went in the system about 10 minutes after resale (Yes I logged in and did it on a Sunday!!) The 10 minutes was because of my jumping up and down cheering time!!