What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

On 4/22/2022 at 9:48 AM, a6l6e6x said:

Need a bag as mine has died over the years. Any recommendations for massive back packs? I'm taking the bus so will be attempting to get everything in one bag including air bed, sleeping bag but this could be ambitious. Tent will carry separate

Osprey 

On 4/22/2022 at 3:41 PM, gigpusher said:

I'm just hoping Ferris can control his barking and doesn't scare any potential dog sitter off. My dogs are complete opposites. Nuala is a little swine and much more high maintenance but everyone who meets her loves her and thinks she's the sweetest dog ever. In reality she's a total diva, wakes you up at stupid o clock, barks to go out because she hears a leaf drop 3 postcodes away etc etc, Ferris on the other hand is at home really chilled out and incredibly low maintenance, loves his bed more than anything in the world. We suspect he's the dog equivalent of being autistic though as something new happening like a person he doesn't know coming into our house and he will bark and bark and bark. If we left and they stayed he would and does calm down again but just need to convince the potential dog sitter about this! We used to just tell people he was an excitable puppy but it's his 5th gotcha day today so that excuse is wearing thin! He's genuinely the sweetest, most loving idiot ever but nobody believes us because he can be a total bellend when they meet him. 

IMG_20210806_164823.jpg

We looked after Mrs B’s colleague’s Westie for Three weeks over Christmas a few years back, while the colleague and his family travelled to visit family in New Zealand. Poor

Mac was blind and diabetic so we had to inject him twice a day and he would shit on the flooR overnight most nights. 

I’m sure Ferris is much less work. 

On 4/18/2022 at 8:40 PM, nikkic said:

Currently charging up the Anker to see if she’s still festival worthy.

The prep is in full swing people.

Excitement levels are ramping up! 

My old power bank finally bit the dust! Ordered an Anker which arrived yesterday, just fully charged it up, so my first thing on my list is done! Wife was going to throw the big comfort bottle in the recycle bin, which has obviously now washed out and now next to the tent and sleeping bag in the garage, second thing off my list. Felt I’ve achieved quite a bit!

Edited by blue6field

I bought a new Anker and then charged my phone with it on the sofa each evening and I definitely didn’t get five charges out of it, probably about 3, so will probably need a second one. That said I’m on my phone constantly for work so hopefully I won’t use it anywhere near as much at G, it’s the 13 Pro so a charge lasts a long time, but it also takes a lot to charge it too.

I've acquired another Anker battery pack so I should be OK for the full festival.

Also, excellent timing as I've managed to get Covid (For the 3rd time) leaving me well protected and likely not infected again in advance of the imminent Bearded Theory & Glastonbury. Luckily the viral impact is diminishing: 1st bout May 2020 was an 8/10, last December a 2/10, this one hardly registers as 0.1/10.

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I bought a new Anker and then charged my phone with it on the sofa each evening and I definitely didn’t get five charges out of it, probably about 3, so will probably need a second one. That said I’m on my phone constantly for work so hopefully I won’t use it anywhere near as much at G, it’s the 13 Pro so a charge lasts a long time, but it also takes a lot to charge it too.

Will be a massive difference when you turn Wi-Fi/Bluetooth and app notifications off. If your Anker is over 20,000mah it will easily last the whole festival. Can even put on aeroplane mode during certain times

18 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I've acquired another Anker battery pack so I should be OK for the full festival.

Also, excellent timing as I've managed to get Covid (For the 3rd time) leaving me well protected and likely not infected again in advance of the imminent Bearded Theory & Glastonbury. Luckily the viral impact is diminishing: 1st bout May 2020 was an 8/10, last December a 2/10, this one hardly registers as 0.1/10.

Couple of friends recently had it 6 and 7 weeks apart

I gave the tent a test run yesterday, first time it's been out of the bag since the 2019 festival. Surprisingly in decent condition, it's a great black out one but not so much the 'fresh' element of the much talked about F&B tents. May invest in a decent battery powered fan or something, hot forecast dependant. 

Also had a look around the local Decathlon this morning, feels like the first proper bit of planning I've done. Out of practice

2 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Couple of friends recently had it 6 and 7 weeks apart

Wow i've not heard this close and am going to choose to ignore it as its bad vibes! I last had it in July so am definitely due it again soon enough 😞 

18 hours ago, blutarsky said:

We looked after Mrs B’s colleague’s Westie for Three weeks over Christmas a few years back, while the colleague and his family travelled to visit family in New Zealand. Poor

Mac was blind and diabetic so we had to inject him twice a day and he would shit on the flooR overnight most nights. 

I’m sure Ferris is much less work. 

He absolutely is. Honestly he's a total sweetheart but people who meet him think he must be a nightmare because of his barking issue. Nuala who had me up at 5:30 both today and yesterday they think is adorable and you try and explain that they are totally different to live with and nobody believes you apart from my friend Julie who has looked after them both before. 

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Wow i've not heard this close and am going to choose to ignore it as its bad vibes! I last had it in July so am definitely due it again soon enough 😞 

One if my first thoughts when I got it a couple if weeks ago was, at least this should see me through BT and Glastonbury. 

Then I spoke to these friends. 

9 minutes ago, mufcok said:

What Anker's are people going for? I need to invest in a second really but on first glance on Amazon, the list seems endless..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-Technology-High-Capacity-Compatible-Black/dp/B07S829LBX/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=anker%2Bportable%2Bcharger&qid=1650827922&sr=8-3&th=1

standard 20,000 model - make sure to enable the voucher 🙂

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I’m looking for one as well and need one with a usb-c output. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-Essential-External-Compatible/dp/B08LG2X98F/ref=sr_1_21?keywords=anker+portable+charger&qid=1650827922&sr=8-21

this seems to be the only one. make sure to select the voucher!

• Upvote 2

Got meself a tent

Coleman Kobuk Valley 3 Plus Tent -2022 – BlackOut Bedroom Technology

image.png.13af20f88dec3328d2d2e459b0443815.png

£99.95 from WOW Camping, got a 3 man, but its only for me, so should have storage space, looking forward to it arriving and testing in the garden

taken ages to decide which one to go for, just decided i needed one and took the leap with this

Have bought this bad boy from which I shall be sipping my rum and cokes this June. Come rain or shine I am drinking from this tropical beauty. My only disappointment was that they didn't have a bigger one from which I could drink cider.....

PXL_20220425_104939130.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1