What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Need a bag as mine has died over the years. Any recommendations for massive back packs? I'm taking the bus so will be attempting to get everything in one bag including air bed, sleeping bag but this could be ambitious. Tent will carry separate

Found a catsitter! So relieved...

Now the final touch: looking for a hotel for the night before, taking in consideration we don't want to drive too much at night (that pesky left hand side driving thing). Luckily Glasto is perfectly timed to minimize the chances of night driving 🙂

3 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Need a bag as mine has died over the years. Any recommendations for massive back packs? I'm taking the bus so will be attempting to get everything in one bag including air bed, sleeping bag but this could be ambitious. Tent will carry separate

Personally, getting down to an army surplus store and picking up a bergen with side pouches would be my suggestion. I can get everything in there and it's sturdy as you like.

EDIT: I've got one of these

https://www.goarmy.co.uk/products/british-army-dpm-camo-bergen-110l

Edited by Quark

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

wait whut?

I had a Thursday coach ticket but have secured an Oxfam place so I'll be there from Monday! 😂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

I’ve got this.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15979411/eurohike-nepal-85-rucksack-15979411

In it I can fit double airbed and pump, two 10 packs of cider. Sleeping bag in the base section and strap the tent to the bottom. Still room for clothes. 

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve got this.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15979411/eurohike-nepal-85-rucksack-15979411

In it I can fit double airbed and pump, two 10 packs of cider. Sleeping bag in the base section and strap the tent to the bottom. Still room for clothes. 

Nice, will pick this up thanks, shame it doesn't come in any terrible colours

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Personally, getting down to an army surplus store and picking up a bergen with side pouches would be my suggestion. I can get everything in there and it's sturdy as you like.

EDIT: I've got one of these

https://www.goarmy.co.uk/products/british-army-dpm-camo-bergen-110l

100l!!! I'd fall over backwards!

This week I have found my sleeping mat and have started putting "Glasto stuff" all together in the spare room. Also bought a new power bank (may yet buy another..) and new backpack (infact the same one @squirrelarmy just recommended above).

I also was sorting through my wardrobe for general "spring cleaning" reasons and have started identifying particular clothes/outfits to take to the festival, so I can fill in the gaps in the next two(!) months.

Edited by WestCountryGirl

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Who are your 5 out of interest?

Bicep - no 1 if I don't see a single other act the whole festival I must see this.

Róisín Murphy - caught tail end of her set in 16 but have since absolutely fallen in love with her music

Haai 

Fatboy - have seen many times but randomly never at Glastonbury so this year is a must

Haim - saw them in 17 so they may get bumped, but they are a fav so only time will tell.

On 4/21/2022 at 11:17 AM, mjfiddy said:

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/compact-inflating-mat-p23951.aspx/blue/

I used to lug a proper blow up matress which used to take up most of my bag space, not ideal for the coach… invested in the above and seems decent, folds up ridiculously small, not luxury but should do a job

Just to confirm, this is a self-inflating mattress right? It appears so but it's not totally clear. Thanks

4 hours ago, moogster said:

Found a catsitter! So relieved...

Now the final touch: looking for a hotel for the night before, taking in consideration we don't want to drive too much at night (that pesky left hand side driving thing). Luckily Glasto is perfectly timed to minimize the chances of night driving 🙂

I may have found a dog sitter. Still need to meet them but they have the dates free and fingers crossed they don't run a mile when they meet my crazy pooches. 

34 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Just to confirm, this is a self-inflating mattress right? It appears so but it's not totally clear. Thanks

It takes a little bit of manual puff to inflate it! Has a one way valve and doesn’t take too much effort, about 90 seconds or 10 large puffs (scientific measurements)

it’s very much a thin solution, but seems comfortable enough and folds down into the below, so loads more beer room in the bag 👌

13EF830A-70FA-4598-9905-094162839539.jpeg

Edited by mjfiddy
  • Thanks 1

Only the last hour printed off a pack list. 8th year and i always forget something! 2019 forgot cumfy shoes and only too new walking boots and wellies and sandles! 

57 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I may have found a dog sitter. Still need to meet them but they have the dates free and fingers crossed they don't run a mile when they meet my crazy pooches. 

I was super happy my old cat decided to get out of her little basket when the cat sitter visited. See! she's totally fit and lively and such and is very happy when you give her medicine hidden in a snack! Which happens about three times a day. 

1 minute ago, moogster said:

I was super happy my old cat decided to get out of her little basket when the cat sitter visited. See! she's totally fit and lively and such and is very happy when you give her medicine hidden in a snack! Which happens about three times a day. 

I'm just hoping Ferris can control his barking and doesn't scare any potential dog sitter off. My dogs are complete opposites. Nuala is a little swine and much more high maintenance but everyone who meets her loves her and thinks she's the sweetest dog ever. In reality she's a total diva, wakes you up at stupid o clock, barks to go out because she hears a leaf drop 3 postcodes away etc etc, Ferris on the other hand is at home really chilled out and incredibly low maintenance, loves his bed more than anything in the world. We suspect he's the dog equivalent of being autistic though as something new happening like a person he doesn't know coming into our house and he will bark and bark and bark. If we left and they stayed he would and does calm down again but just need to convince the potential dog sitter about this! We used to just tell people he was an excitable puppy but it's his 5th gotcha day today so that excuse is wearing thin! He's genuinely the sweetest, most loving idiot ever but nobody believes us because he can be a total bellend when they meet him. 

IMG_20210806_164823.jpg

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I'm just hoping Ferris can control his barking and doesn't scare any potential dog sitter off. My dogs are complete opposites. Nuala is a little swine and much more high maintenance but everyone who meets her loves her and thinks she's the sweetest dog ever. In reality she's a total diva, wakes you up at stupid o clock, barks to go out because she hears a leaf drop 3 postcodes away etc etc, Ferris on the other hand is at home really chilled out and incredibly low maintenance, loves his bed more than anything in the world. We suspect he's the dog equivalent of being autistic though as something new happening like a person he doesn't know coming into our house and he will bark and bark and bark. If we left and they stayed he would and does calm down again but just need to convince the potential dog sitter about this! We used to just tell people he was an excitable puppy but it's his 5th gotcha day today so that excuse is wearing thin! He's genuinely the sweetest, most loving idiot ever but nobody believes us because he can be a total bellend when they meet him. 

Just think that whoever volunteers to be  a petsitter likes pets, both good and bad sides. If you avoid neighbours who want to help but have nothing with pets, or teenagers who think pets are just cute things like your dog's pic, you are fine. I am not a dog person but took care of bro-in-laws toy dog last weekend and didn't really have issues when we had to deal with....digestive issues. But would be mortified at the idea that someone would have to that for my cats... So not logical of me.

This thread reminds me I still needs to book that one hotel night...

On 4/22/2022 at 2:37 PM, mjfiddy said:

It takes a little bit of manual puff to inflate it! Has a one way valve and doesn’t take too much effort, about 90 seconds or 10 large puffs (scientific measurements)

it’s very much a thin solution, but seems comfortable enough and folds down into the below, so loads more beer room in the bag 👌

13EF830A-70FA-4598-9905-094162839539.jpeg

Technically not a self inflating mattress as you have to manually blow it up… they are a sort of honeycomb mattress. Highly recommend a 10 cm SIM if you can carry it