What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Decathlon is a bit of an IKEA for outdoor stuff i always thought - people travel far / order because they know its cheap but good quality. Obviously this forum is completely biased - that goes without saying!

I’d never even seen a Decathlon until I left the UK, go outdoors is more of an IKEA for camping in the UK, certainly outside of London.

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Amazing what word of mouth does though 

Agree.

Three friends of mine bought Fresh and Black tents off the back of me getting one and having a much more comfortable festival at Truck in 2019 (which was very hot)

I'm just coming to the end of a book called Festival of Death, a murder set at Glasto.  I was expecting to be pretty scornful of the whole setting and be tutting and saying "no, that wouldn't happen" on at least every page.  But on the whole, it seems to get the feeling of the festival pretty well, although there are a few things that I don't think are quite right.

Anyone else read it?

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm just coming to the end of a book called Festival of Death, a murder set at Glasto.  I was expecting to be pretty scornful of the whole setting and be tutting and saying "no, that wouldn't happen" on at least every page.  But on the whole, it seems to get the feeling of the festival pretty well, although there are a few things that I don't think are quite right.

Anyone else read it?

In researching this I went down a bit of a rabbit hole that ended up with me finding:

"Festival Virgin: The multiple erotic adventures of a student's first-time - in every sense - at the world famous Glastonbury music festival"

2 minutes ago, LoraMaze said:

Bought some shorts because I know it’s not going to rain 

That's something I need to do - but I don't really think shorts suit me so I buy them, then decide I don't like them and get rid of them, then the next year start the cycle again. Over and over again.

I think I have decided that cut off jeans are best for me but are a bit hot in blazing sunshine.  

Just now, balthazarstarbuck said:

Bought me some ponchos which I sincerely hope will be a waste of money. 

Appeasing the weather gods. 

3 minutes ago, LoraMaze said:

Bought some shorts because I know it’s not going to rain 

Angering the weather gods. Don’t tempt them. 

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

That's something I need to do - but I don't really think shorts suit me so I buy them, then decide I don't like them and get rid of them, then the next year start the cycle again. Over and over again.

I think I have decided that cut off jeans are best for me but are a bit hot in blazing sunshine.  

I do the exact same thing since my best ever pair of shorts fell apart. They managed 4 Glastonburys 💪

Just bit the bullet and booked Willow Meadows campervan spot.  Know it's stupid money but it's walkable to site, my van has a home for 5 nights and I don't have to contemplate even thinking about buying a tent!

If I knew GFL were def doing another CV pass sale I'd have held off but they did say in email that they weren't so buggar it.  Plus Willow Meadows is £160 cheaper than Love Fields but not as well located.

Actually feel like I can make plans now, bring on the next announcements.

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2022 at 8:16 PM, beefykoala said:

I'll preface this by saying there are 7 of us, 3 of whom are flying in from America. So it's a whole three week affair with flights and car rentals and various family members to go visit.

The menus:

image.png.aae2ddfe5301616dfb7a3db65482091f.png

I'm still fairly new to using Notion but I think I've done well. There are two databases, events and expenses, which can be linked together to keep track of costs.

The map uses the coords from the Google Maps link to plot our adventures on an interactive map.

image.thumb.png.6e0dcc6307dcd2ec4e171f887dd28c3e.png

I'm a little obsessed with it.... looool.

OMG This is so organised!!!! I personally love a good list but after 8 years of Glasto i've learnt to only plan the basic as there SOOOO much to do, one can get easily distracted and off track, and every time you're off track at glasto you end up having the best memories 🙂