What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

2 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

omg please send a screenshot - am literally sat here setting up our notion when i read this during a break. The only thing more fun than a festival is planning for it...

I'll preface this by saying there are 7 of us, 3 of whom are flying in from America. So it's a whole three week affair with flights and car rentals and various family members to go visit.

The menus:

image.png.aae2ddfe5301616dfb7a3db65482091f.png

I'm still fairly new to using Notion but I think I've done well. There are two databases, events and expenses, which can be linked together to keep track of costs.

The map uses the coords from the Google Maps link to plot our adventures on an interactive map.

image.thumb.png.6e0dcc6307dcd2ec4e171f887dd28c3e.png

I'm a little obsessed with it.... looool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Got myself sunburnt. Obviously a bad thing, but I have very pale skin and it wasn't very warm today really. So I choose to believe it's more my skin isn't used to the sun and I haven't built up any tan at all, therefore I'm actually preparing myself for Glastonbury and being outside for five days. In previous years, due to being stuck inside this "first of the season" process happened at Glastonbury and I burnt myself there instead. 

3 hours ago, beefykoala said:

I'll preface this by saying there are 7 of us, 3 of whom are flying in from America. So it's a whole three week affair with flights and car rentals and various family members to go visit.

The menus:

image.png.aae2ddfe5301616dfb7a3db65482091f.png

I'm still fairly new to using Notion but I think I've done well. There are two databases, events and expenses, which can be linked together to keep track of costs.

The map uses the coords from the Google Maps link to plot our adventures on an interactive map.

image.thumb.png.6e0dcc6307dcd2ec4e171f887dd28c3e.png

I'm a little obsessed with it.... looool.

OMG I LOVE THIS. 

Ours is coming together - less expenses needed and more a long elaborate ploy to convince my travel buddy to buy a pizza oven currently...

1548933313_Screenshot2022-04-17234729.thumb.jpg.cbfd03c748f192baf700e9bc384021e8.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

OMG I LOVE THIS. 

Ours is coming together - less expenses needed and more a long elaborate ploy to convince my travel buddy to buy a pizza oven currently...

1548933313_Screenshot2022-04-17234729.thumb.jpg.cbfd03c748f192baf700e9bc384021e8.jpg

It's looking good! We're gonna eat at All The Vendors so no meal prep needed. Probably just gonna fill my backpack pockets with peperamis for those emergency snack moments, and then stop by your camp for some pizza... 😇

9 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Got myself sunburnt. Obviously a bad thing, but I have very pale skin and it wasn't very warm today really. So I choose to believe it's more my skin isn't used to the sun and I haven't built up any tan at all, therefore I'm actually preparing myself for Glastonbury and being outside for five days. In previous years, due to being stuck inside this "first of the season" process happened at Glastonbury and I burnt myself there instead. 

I did exactly this and went through the same thought process! Damn pale skin. It's good to build up a tan for the glorious sun we will have on the farm. 

10 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

3 hour hike up and down Flintshires highest peak.

I could see you from my Bedroom window in Neston. It always looks like there is a nipple on the top from this side of the Dee🤣.

Assuming it was Moel Famau?

10 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

3 hour hike up and down Flintshires highest peak.

Moel Famua ? I like doing the 7 mile loop from the toilet car park , it takes a couple of hours but is a great workout. I need to start doing it again few times a week in prep

1 hour ago, Soggy_feet said:

I did exactly this and went through the same thought process! Damn pale skin. It's good to build up a tan for the glorious sun we will have on the farm. 

Ah man I hate it. I managed to be sunburnt incredibly badly in 2016 when it was rainy/muddy. Anything to stop a repeat of that 😂

Edited by kemosabe

2 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

I could see you from my Bedroom window in Neston. It always looks like there is a nipple on the top from this side of the Dee🤣.

Assuming it was Moel Famau?

2 hours ago, gazzared said:

Moel Famua ? I like doing the 7 mile loop from the toilet car park , it takes a couple of hours but is a great workout. I need to start doing it again few times a week in prep

Both correct! 

We walked from the top car park, but it’s pretty much day one so will defo be back to give the other routes a go.

12 hours ago, beefykoala said:

It's looking good! We're gonna eat at All The Vendors so no meal prep needed. Probably just gonna fill my backpack pockets with peperamis for those emergency snack moments, and then stop by your camp for some pizza... 😇

We have a food plan from Sunday - Weds, cause we're in early for working. After that ALL STALLS ALL THE TIME. But the workers deserve Pizza in those prep days, I say. I'll add eFests Pizza Party as another pro for the pizza oven. 

2 hours ago, Lithoniel said:

Joined the Fresh and Black gang, just put it up in the garden, pretty impressed, hopefully worth the investment at 6am come festival time.

I wonder how many of us are team F&B now. Will the fields be full of white tents

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I wonder how many of us are team F&B now. Will the fields be full of white tents

Poll pending a bit closer to the festival maybe!

13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I do think that this forum gives a misleading appearance to how common the F&B tents are. Decathlon isn't massively widespread, with only around 50 UK stores compared to ~150 Millets/Blacks stores, and ~600 Sports Direct stores. And this doesn't begin to include the number of people who will get cheap tents from supermarkets/B&M/Home Bargains/etc. This is compounded by the majority of people attending Glastonbury not being active on this forum (the fools).

2 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

I do think that this forum gives a misleading appearance to how common the F&B tents are. Decathlon isn't massively widespread, with only around 50 UK stores compared to ~150 Millets/Blacks stores, and ~600 Sports Direct stores. And this doesn't begin to include the number of people who will get cheap tents from supermarkets/B&M/Home Bargains/etc. This is compounded by the majority of people attending Glastonbury not being active on this forum (the fools).

Amazing what word of mouth does though 

3 hours ago, FrankieX said:

Decathlon is a bit of an IKEA for outdoor stuff i always thought - people travel far / order because they know its cheap but good quality. Obviously this forum is completely biased - that goes without saying!