What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

29 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I think if I had to get  pop up tent folded away on the Monday after Glastonbury it would definitely end in tears and a tantrum.

Speaking as someone who once threw a sleeping bag across the room as I couldn't get it back in it's bag (it was my first ever, and I was trying to fold it rather than just stuffing it).

Top tip with anything like that is take a photo of it before you unfold them so you can refer back later to their technique. 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Top tip with anything like that is take a photo of it before you unfold them so you can refer back later to their technique. 

I second this - practice unfolding and folding it in the garden beforehand and take pix. The fresh n black pop up had me in a dilemma at Shambala Fest on the Monday morning..... now I got my technique down and everything. Got a mates tipi this year, so no problems there.

On 4/9/2022 at 4:52 AM, FrankieX said:

This is a genuine concern for me, either not being able to find my tent or other people wandering into mine by mistake.

I guess the solution would be items of 'flair' to clip on to the tent, to distinguish yours from the multitude of others.

Also… the What Three Words app 

Edit. I see someone already suggested this 🙂

Edited by John the Moth

On 4/8/2022 at 5:52 PM, FrankieX said:

This is a genuine concern for me, either not being able to find my tent or other people wandering into mine by mistake.

I guess the solution would be items of 'flair' to clip on to the tent, to distinguish yours from the multitude of others.

The wife takes outdoor solar fairy lights and wraps them round anything on the tent that’ll hold them, tried out a new/longer  set last year at Worthy Pastures and the thing was lit up like Vegas by sunset.

Edited by dogeggs

On 4/8/2022 at 5:52 PM, FrankieX said:

Due to delayed flight and general chaos of arrivals in the mud of 2016 I arrived about 130am, sober, with all my luggage, in flip flops, to find my tent at camplight with my name on it and hope nobody else has gotten in it. Their volunteers/staff were nowhere to be seen at that time obviously, but I found it with the help of a phone torch and exhausted desperation !! 

12 hours ago, Kizzie said:

I have no arms or legs that are long enough for the putting away of this thing 😫 

Honestly I read a book about how many things are designed with default man in mind so it's not your fault if it's hard to do it's just badly designed!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Realised I need to buy and use up a different type of fabric softener before the festival, ‘cos this ain’t gonna work. 😳

496BF236-4F04-4478-BC00-DB564CFBB080.thumb.jpeg.bf9f60142d397eaa1281dadaf7ba1a04.jpeg

Lenor bottles are common due to the girth of the neck. 

Other fabric conditioner bottles are available for those who don’t need the extra room. 

Ordered some merino hiking socks to be tested in the run up to the festival - perhaps my days of double socking (that's 10 pairs of socks in the luggage, plus day afters) are over. 

Edited by rubick

44 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Still trying to find a dogsitter for when we are away. The net is being cast further afield today as all local options seem to be fully booked. It's my last big stress!!

Oh I know the feeling. We have an "interview" with someone who may be willing to take care of our cats (including an old lady who needs meds) in a week and I am probably preparing more than if the queen came to visit.

13 minutes ago, moogster said:

Oh I know the feeling. We have an "interview" with someone who may be willing to take care of our cats (including an old lady who needs meds) in a week and I am probably preparing more than if the queen came to visit.

The last time we went away there were 3 pages of A4 written instructions and that was before my girl had all her medical problems. My friends niece is training to be a vet nurse and apparently might be interested. I'd be very happy with this option as if anything did do wrong she'd have her Mum and my friend to call on. 

1 hour ago, moogster said:

Booked the ferry. Glad it's not P&O / hoping Dover gets sorted in the next couple of months... Feeling odd I have to fill in paperwork, check passport, insurance, etc. Thanks Brexit.

We are coming over on the Hook of Holland-Harwich route, started using it when the French we’re being very  French during covid, it’s more expensive but you get a cabin and a good nights sleep to start the day at 6am fully refreshed. Avoids France completely and any issues at Dover.

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

The last time we went away there were 3 pages of A4 written instructions and that was before my girl had all her medical problems. My friends niece is training to be a vet nurse and apparently might be interested. I'd be very happy with this option as if anything did do wrong she'd have her Mum and my friend to call on. 

I am keeping my instructions to an A4 as not to scare people off.  "Should I write that this type of poo means X while this type means Y? Significant other: NO "

Nice to have someone in the vet business though! I've seen ads from young people in animal care training so that's option 2 if 1 doesn't work out.

1 minute ago, Smeble said:

We are coming over on the Hook of Holland-Harwich route, started using it when the French we’re being very  French during covid, it’s more expensive but you get a cabin and a good nights sleep to start the day at 6am fully refreshed. Avoids France completely and any issues at Dover.

I quite dislike boats so not for me 🙂 And I am actually French so if things get tough I have an advantage in bitching and complaining to my compatriotes.
Oddly enough we come from the Netherlands so we may cross each other in Belgium.

7 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Honestly I read a book about how many things are designed with default man in mind so it's not your fault if it's hard to do it's just badly designed!!

'Invisible Women - Caroline Perez', yes I read it too.  However, I am very short 🙄

Just now, Kizzie said:

'Invisible Women - Caroline Perez', yes I read it too.  However, I am very short 🙄

Same here. The book did make me mad though even paths that are created in National Trust places don't seem to take into account those of us with shorter legs!!