What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

15 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Don't let this forum skew your view. The vast majority will be in their family tent they don't know how to put up or in a pop up from poundland they have no intention of packing up again.

....is my cynicism showing? 😅

The clear up last time was very good … hopefully better again this year … the message seems to be sinking in at last 

5 hours ago, FrankieX said:

This is a genuine concern for me, either not being able to find my tent or other people wandering into mine by mistake.

I guess the solution would be items of 'flair' to clip on to the tent, to distinguish yours from the multitude of others.

We've started collecting random signage from everywhere we go and sticking it onto the sides of our fresh n black. if you see a Reading toilet sign on one - its probably us!

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

We've started collecting random signage from everywhere we go and sticking it onto the sides of our fresh n black. if you see a Reading toilet sign on one - its probably us!

Let's hope fellow Reading goers don't forget which festival they are at!

I'd love to join team Fresh and Black but I love having a pretty tent that can be spotted in a sea of dull.  If the tent makers want to give us a range of attractive tents but with the modern tech, I'm all ears! Until then I think it will be my Celia Birtwell flowers tent from 2008 again this time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

I'd love to join team Fresh and Black but I love having a pretty tent that can be spotted in a sea of dull.  If the tent makers want to give us a range of attractive tents but with the modern tech, I'm all ears! Until then I think it will be my Celia Birtwell flowers tent from 2008 again this time.

Fabric paint? 

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Do the 5 person Quechua Fresh and Blacks ever get cheaper then £299?

They’re always heavily reduced at the end of the season, if there’s a new model coming out: I got the 4 person air beam one for £100 a couple of years back and that’s £300 now I think 

4 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Do the 5 person Quechua Fresh and Blacks ever get cheaper then £299?

ebay has tons, so many are used a single time but are half the price. FB marketplace too

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=quechua+camping+tent&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_dmd=2&_odkw=quecha+camping+tent&_osacat=0&_sop=10

Edited by gfa

12 hours ago, Big durbs said:

What3words app is a must to find your way back ( only if you can still focus on you phone screen of course lol ) 

I’m wondering if I can attach a light to mine that I can activate with an app as I get close to it. 

29 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m wondering if I can attach a light to mine that I can activate with an app as I get close to it. 

I've got a old string of solar powered LEDs which I wrap around my flagpole. Really effective, and several neighbours found it useful as well. 

3 hours ago, alanr said:

I've got a old string of solar powered LEDs which I wrap around my flagpole. Really effective, and several neighbours found it useful as well. 

Yeah we use solar powered fairy lights, they are really good to help you find the tent in the dark.

7 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I think lights like this might be something to look into. The kind that are battery operated. They come with a timer and the lights stay on for 6 hours and off for 18. You just have to hit the switch at the right time so theyll be on when you likely get back to your tent. Just google "Christmas string lights battery timer" and youll get results.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwj26ZD0r4f3AhXwDK0GHTQkAUEYABAKGgJwdg&ae=2&sig=AOD64_2hltH6KOtZnAThqeqeKkPZaatb9Q&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwi6-4b0r4f3AhWFDkQIHQFrDNkQwg96BAgBEBs&dct=1&adurl=

8 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

7 quid, waterproof, Bluetooth, you can plug into a USB powerbank and they have tons of settings. 

There seem to be lots similar... 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Craftsboys-Bluetooth-Changing-Christmas-Decoration/dp/B09L4J9BTC/