What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Oh that's disappointing then. Have just checked my online orders and my anker is about 8 years old. It quite often sits unused for weeks or months before being hammered at Glastonbury or on hols. 

8 years thats insane for a portable charger! My one before this one only lasted 2 years, i must be doing something wrong. I applied for the warranty anyway

Just now, philipsteak said:

I've got one that's at least 6 years old that's still working fine. 

Guess i've got a faulty one or something - i managed to fry my one before at Latitude last year in the sun!

12 hours ago, gfa said:

I haven't used my portable charger since Reading last year and its basically holding no charge now. What's the best way to keep it going - cycle it every month or so right?

I've still got a power bar that EE tried to recall years ago. It's pretty much a live hand grenade, but it still works 😂 gets quite hot...

2 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

I've still got a power bar that EE tried to recall years ago. It's pretty much a live hand grenade, but it still works 😂 gets quite hot...

When I see a tent on fire in June, i'll know who to help!

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

8 years thats insane for a portable charger! My one before this one only lasted 2 years, i must be doing something wrong. I applied for the warranty anyway

Actually I realised that the picture on amazon was wrong.  It's a 6 year old Anker one that I use maybe once or twice a year, but the 8 year old one is in the drawer next to me having not been using for at least the last couple of years of lockdown - turns on full charge no problem.

I do have other brands, but those are the two I've tended to stick to, so disappointed if yours has failed.

I’ve got an anker which I’ve probably had about 7 years. Used it a couple of months ago for the first time in about 2/3 years and noticed it didn’t seem to keep its charge as well but I suspect that’s more because my mobile is on its way out. Getting a new mobile this month so will need to test whether that’s the case otherwise I’ll need to order a new portable!

8 hours ago, Neil said:

i'm waiting for a couple of deliveries of glasto bits, hope they arrive soon, as i need to go out.

the 2nd delivery wasn't attempted until i'd gone for a nap, so i missed it, annoying!!!

21 hours ago, gfa said:

I haven't used my portable charger since Reading last year and its basically holding no charge now. What's the best way to keep it going - cycle it every month or so right?

I have two 20000 ankers and they are used all of the time and have lasted years! I never plug my phone in to the wall, always use the ankers around the house and charge them when they fully die. 

On 4/1/2022 at 11:30 AM, jimmillen said:

Really like the look of these. Can you fold them up & stuff them in a bag, or are they too stiff for that?

The one I have is really flexible, on the Wednesday in 2017 I was running it under the taps to try to keep cool, scrunches up well but pops back into shape.

12 hours ago, stuie said:

I have two 20000 ankers and they are used all of the time and have lasted years! I never plug my phone in to the wall, always use the ankers around the house and charge them when they fully die. 

Its all good - Anker look to be sending me a new one! I try and hardly use them but seems maybe using them a bit more might be better.

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its all good - Anker look to be sending me a new one! I try and hardly use them but seems maybe using them a bit more might be better.

Nice one on the replacement! 

I think all batteries work better if they are in use.  I left an old car on my mum's drive for a few months and then the battery was ruined even after being charged.  If it had been used daily, I don't think that would have happened.  

I find it nicer to sit on the sofa with a charge pack than to plug phone in the wall anyway!

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

I find it nicer to sit on the sofa with a charge pack than to plug phone in the wall anyway!

The only reason i didn't do this kind of thing is because i thought it would be better for it!