What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Ok, this was yesterday, but close enough. I bought one of these beauties to replace my 6 yr old OG Fresh&Black popup.

It's relatively huge inside and now has a decent porch. Plus it's no longer an awkward shape and I won't have the frustration that is putting away a pop-up.

The bad news is that it's heavier and will actually require some assembly. But I think it'll be worth it.

20220402_160842.jpg

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ok, this was yesterday, but close enough. I bought one of these beauties to replace my 6 yr old OG Fresh&Black popup.

It's relatively huge inside and now has a decent porch. Plus it's no longer an awkward shape and I won't have the frustration that is putting away a pop-up.

The bad news is that it's heavier and will actually require some assembly. But I think it'll be worth it.

20220402_160842.jpg

Yeah, I'm tempted. I bought my Fresh&Black popup in 2016, so this is around the point when I'd consider buying a new one just on age grounds. I'd get a standard non-popup version now as well, although I would probably lean towards the 3-person tent than the XL, as I don't really have any need for a porch.

9 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

Yeah, I'm tempted. I bought my Fresh&Black popup in 2016, so this is around the point when I'd consider buying a new one just on age grounds. I'd get a standard non-popup version now as well, although I would probably lean towards the 3-person tent than the XL, as I don't really have any need for a porch.

The thing that wound me up was the tent wall touching my feet at night. The porch wall is vertical which means that I've effectively got a bit more length to the sleeping area, even though on paper it's the same as the standard tent.

Edit: I'm also taking a thicker air bed/mat this year so it would have been even worse than before.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

On 4/2/2022 at 6:09 PM, Beerqueen said:

Despite having three copies of the hardback version of the Glastonbury book (obvious present for people to buy me), I have never read it properly as it's a bit cumbersome to hold.  Today I downloaded the kindle version for £2.99 which I will probably actually read (and then I can look at the pictures in the big book).

I did the same thing except I bought it on Google Books so I could read it on my computer at work. 

18 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I did the same thing except I bought it on Google Books so I could read it on my computer at work. 

I can read kindle on my computer at work too.  You just have to install the app.  Actually thinking about it, I don't know if I still have the kindle app on my work computer - I bet those buggers in IT have blocked it (they blocked Spotify for ages but it mysteriously reappeared a couple of months back).

I started the big book again tonight but have switched to kindle now as it's so much easier.  I think I will read a chapter at a time and then go back to the book to look at the pictures.

Edited by Beerqueen

today i've returned to work, after a week and a half of hiking in Scotland. This is important Glastonbury prep as my feet and legs are absolutely knackered, and i've got that woozy, post-holiday, having to use my brain again fatigue so familiar with early July . . .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just seen something that has given me a bit of a reality check. There’s only 2 more pay days before glasto (if you get paid monthly at the end of the month)

Need to keep an eye on budgets when buying things 🤔

Yeah this has me a bit worried. I'm doing both weekends of Primavera before too 😬

29 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

I've been having a listen to the Biggles Wartime Band...great memories watching them in the sun

Sadly no Jolly Jock is longer.  I think there was a memorial service for him at Croissant Neuf.

I haven't used my portable charger since Reading last year and its basically holding no charge now. What's the best way to keep it going - cycle it every month or so right?

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

I haven't used my portable charger since Reading last year and its basically holding no charge now. What's the best way to keep it going - cycle it every month or so right?

That’s annoying as mine has been going for years, can I ask if you are charging with a wall plug, might give it a boost if you are currently using an extension lead x

14 minutes ago, Charm said:

That’s annoying as mine has been going for years, can I ask if you are charging with a wall plug, might give it a boost if you are currently using an extension lead x

ooo thank you! will put it on overnight through the wall and see how it goes. thanks !!

34 minutes ago, gfa said:

That's quite a fast time for it to die, I've got some that have sat in a drawer for years that still have their charge.

Was it entirely flat beforehand? That may not help perhaps? 

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

That's quite a fast time for it to die, I've got some that have sat in a drawer for years that still have their charge.

Was it entirely flat beforehand? That may not help perhaps? 

3/4 full - it was Anker as well. Might see about warranty or trying to blag a discount maybe. Wall plug did not work

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

3/4 full - it was Anker as well. Might see about warranty or trying to blag a discount maybe. Wall plug did not work

Oh that's disappointing then. Have just checked my online orders and my anker is about 8 years old. It quite often sits unused for weeks or months before being hammered at Glastonbury or on hols.