What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

I've been there about 3 times.  It's always been very nice food and drink and tbh sometimes just being able to sit in a chair, eat at a table and drink from a glass can be really lovely. 

I'm not sure of the year, but know that it was a muddy one. A seriously muddy one. Anyway, the picture you paint above is similar to that which I experienced at this festival. There I was with my girlfriend at the time and my brother eating octopus or some such from a sit in restaurant with red gingham table cloths and old style candle in a bottle at each table kind of arrangement. Everything was pleasant and all in it's place - except if I looked to my right. that's where the thoroughfare was. That's where while fine dining I could see 'The Mud Monsters' walking by ie other 'customers' of the festival. It was truly bizarre how they had kept the place spotless. It was quite surreal.

I think that's the year that my brother had to go back to Dublin to work, and got on a Ryanair flight and said the plane was covered in mud - everywhere. Oh and people covered in mud too.

15 hours ago, clarkete said:

Surely 12 weeks would be long enough to wear them in a bit?  I certainly wouldn't want to take 2 pairs of boots.

Thankfully not such a problem when you are in a caravan. I often take two pairs if I know there's a high chance of it being a muddy one. Wouldn't usually be a big issue I'd get out and do a fair few big dog walks of a weekend but with one of the dogs still poorly and not able to do big walks just not sure I'd get enough miles in them to be comfortable. I have slight different sized feet and slightly different length legs I discovered a few years ago so prone to foot and back troubles. 

10 hours ago, FrankieX said:

Extremely highly rated. I bought the three man pop up tent (the big disc kind) in 2016, and it was (and still is) an absolute gamechanger. Instead of daylight streaming in at 6am and an oven-like temperature by 7am, it stays dark and cool all morning. Just getting an hour or two extra sleep is worth the extra outlay on its own.

I will say that, if I was looking to replace my current tent, it wouldn't necessarily go for the disc-shaped pop up version again. It's great once you're actually at the campsite, but it's a pain to carry in train stations and from the coach park and back. The size of it (an 80cm circle, I think) is just a little awkward. I think I'd go for the MH100 https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/3-person-blackout-poled-tent-mh100-fresh-black/_/R-p-313085?mc=8576111&c=BROWN_BEIGE (standard 3 person dome tent) for £65. There is also a new popup form factor which packs away into a similar size and shape as a regular tent, but that seems to cost twice as much as the 'basic' line. https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/2-person-blackout-pop-up-tent-2-seconds-easy-fresh-black/_/R-p-308355?mc=8553541&c=WHITE

Thanks, yeah not a fan of a pop up.  It will only be for me so I'm wondering what peoples views are on the 2 man.. is it a bit on the small side ?  Price different is only £15 so inclined to go for the 3 man  above. 

18 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Thanks, yeah not a fan of a pop up.  It will only be for me so I'm wondering what peoples views are on the 2 man.. is it a bit on the small side ?  Price different is only £15 so inclined to go for the 3 man  above. 

For £15 go 3 man every single time, even for solo 2 man comes up a little smaller than you'd want for 5 days.

Step Brothers Room For Activities GIF - Step Brothers Room For Activities -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, tumbles said:

I have a three man fresh and black to myself, however I am 6ft2 so need the space, its comfortably enough room for me and all my kit.

Like a lot of people, not been on here on the last few years but after somehow getting a ticket Sunday, the hype has gone overboard. 

Need to get all my gear out of storage and have a good check of what I need! 

Remember my tent been buggered so fix it or replace! 

1 hour ago, tumbles said:

Absolutely go for the three person tent. When tents say they have a capacity for two or three people, that doesn't include their bags or other kit. It also assumes that the people are using narrow beds/mats. For example, you literally couldn't fit three standard single airbeds like this https://www.millets.co.uk/15896646/eurohike-flocked-single-airbed-15896646/ in any three person tent.

The extra space also means that in future years, if you plan on sharing the tent with someone else, you wouldn't have to spend more money on a tent upgrade.

Now that I finally have a ticket, I've started going through the playlist and jotting down some comments on each artist. I'd say I have never listened to over 50% of the artists so I'm doing this in case I miss a hidden gem (and yes, I have hidden my thoughts to save me from ridicule...):

1569960280_Screenshot2022-03-29at11_05_12.thumb.png.a9163ed22eee4ba3aa14834186f8642e.png

Plan on having this on my phone come the festival so that if I'm ever torn between acts that I'm not overly familiar with then I can quickly reference this to see what I thought of them.

(The initial ranking was just me ranking my 'must-sees')

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Are the fresh and blacks exclusive to decathlon? Not keen on funding them at the moment, might leave it a while and see if they do the right thing or not.

Yes. Other tent manufacturers offer tents with 'blackout' linings, but the reflective outer fabric appears to be exclusive to Decathlon's range. From using the tent, this seems to be the more important part. As well as blocking a large portion of the light, it also prevents the tent heating up in a way I don't think a thicker inner layer would manage. Looking online just now, the only similar tent I can see is this: https://www.kreativeproduct.com/products/outdoor-cool-reflective-pop-up-tent-3-person-waterproof-camping-tent-stays-cool-dark-5000-mm-hh-portable-ultra-fast-pitch-with-carry-bag-doubl?variant=39818781425761 which seems like a Chinese knockoff of Decathlon's product.

22 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Are the fresh and blacks exclusive to decathlon? Not keen on funding them at the moment, might leave it a while and see if they do the right thing or not.

could set up ebay alerts / check facebook marketplace - plenty pop up i got a 3 man for £30 last year

11 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Now that I finally have a ticket, I've started going through the playlist and jotting down some comments on each artist. I'd say I have never listened to over 50% of the artists so I'm doing this in case I miss a hidden gem (and yes, I have hidden my thoughts to save me from ridicule...):

1569960280_Screenshot2022-03-29at11_05_12.thumb.png.a9163ed22eee4ba3aa14834186f8642e.png

Plan on having this on my phone come the festival so that if I'm ever torn between acts that I'm not overly familiar with then I can quickly reference this to see what I thought of them.

(The initial ranking was just me ranking my 'must-sees')

If you're looking to organise your Glastonbury, I would recommend using the Clashfinder website. Here is this year's page: https://clashfinder.com/s/g2022/ and here is 2019's page to give you an idea of what it's like once the stage times have been announced: https://clashfinder.com/s/g2019/

With this, you can highlight all of the acts you are interested in. You can use four colours too, which means that you can use different colours depending on how much you want to see a performer or what each of your group wants to see.

1 minute ago, FrankieX said:

If you're looking to organise your Glastonbury, I would recommend using the Clashfinder website. Here is this year's page: https://clashfinder.com/s/g2022/ and here is 2019's page to give you an idea of what it's like once the stage times have been announced: https://clashfinder.com/s/g2019/

With this, you can highlight all of the acts you are interested in. You can use four colours too, which means that you can use different colours depending on how much you want to see a performer or what each of your group wants to see.

Yeah, I plan on revisiting that went the full line-up drops to see clashes, etc in more detail. Useful tool.

5 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

You can also, under the "Data" menu, export it to common calendar formats, so that you can import it into it into your phone in a nice clean way.

I found that to be a massively underrated / undiscovered feature that really helps while at the festival.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not sure of the year, but know that it was a muddy one. A seriously muddy one. Anyway, the picture you paint above is similar to that which I experienced at this festival. There I was with my girlfriend at the time and my brother eating octopus or some such from a sit in restaurant with red gingham table cloths and old style candle in a bottle at each table kind of arrangement. Everything was pleasant and all in it's place - except if I looked to my right. that's where the thoroughfare was. That's where while fine dining I could see 'The Mud Monsters' walking by ie other 'customers' of the festival. It was truly bizarre how they had kept the place spotless. It was quite surreal.

Aye, I don't think I've been there on the truly awful wet or muddy years, but certainly at a time when there just were few places to sit around the fest, as most of them were damp or had been splattered with mud, so just sitting down for an hour or two having some grub was nice.

For my part I've enjoyed doing it on Wednesday or Thursday, that way I could book it without worrying that I could mess up something on my clashfinder later.

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Thankfully not such a problem when you are in a caravan. I often take two pairs if I know there's a high chance of it being a muddy one. Wouldn't usually be a big issue I'd get out and do a fair few big dog walks of a weekend but with one of the dogs still poorly and not able to do big walks just not sure I'd get enough miles in them to be comfortable. I have slight different sized feet and slightly different length legs I discovered a few years ago so prone to foot and back troubles. 

Crumbs your household has been through the wars

16 minutes ago, incident said:

You can also, under the "Data" menu, export it to common calendar formats, so that you can import it into it into your phone in a nice clean way.

I found that to be a massively underrated / undiscovered feature that really helps while at the festival.

cheers! Does it just do highlighted ones or everything? I’m thinking of doing a laminated print off for each day with the main few stages + big late night ines

Just now, incident said:

It literally gives you the choice of exactly that.

Great - just the only thing is wasting phone battery! I need to get a new portable charger really 😂

12 minutes ago, incident said:

Hold the front page! I don't recall doing that.

As I recall I think I had it on my phone with the my schedule view, which was very handy and a paper copy of that too.  I also allow overlaps where we have multiple things of interest, so that if something is inaccessible due to distance or crowd or you get there and it doesn't do it for you then you can shake a leg and go to another.

I'm intrigued about @northernringo going through rating all the acts, but by 'eck that sounds like a lot of work. 

What I've done in the past is listen to the great @Brave Sir Robin s list on shuffle and if I like the sound of something simply tap and add it to a list of my own - then you can share that with anyone you'll be with (perhaps collaboratively) and see where you agree or not.

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Hold the front page! I don't recall doing that.

As I recall I think I had it on my phone with the my schedule view, which was very handy and a paper copy of that too.  I also allow overlaps where we have multiple things of interest, so that if something is inaccessible due to distance or crowd or you get there and it doesn't do it for you then you can shake a leg and go to another.

I'm intrigued about @northernringo going through rating all the acts, but by 'eck that sounds like a lot of work. 

What I've done in the past is listen to the great @Brave Sir Robin s list on shuffle and if I like the sound of something simply tap and add it to a list of my own - then you can share that with anyone you'll be with (perhaps collaboratively) and see where you agree or not.

The joys of working from home 4 days a week! I can just have the playlist playing throughout the day while I work so it shouldn't take too long to get through it (5 songs per artist on the playlist).

Got through 11 yesterday and will do at least 10 today I'd say (on my 6th already)

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

cheers! Does it just do highlighted ones or everything? I’m thinking of doing a laminated print off for each day with the main few stages + big late night ines

Yes it's incredibly adaptable if you play around with the options - can even change the font size and spacing. Make it small and you can fit loads of stages on 2 sides of A4. I take them in those plastic pocket things rather than laminating, so you can fold them up. 

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yes it's incredibly adaptable if you play around with the options - can even change the font size and spacing. Make it small and you can fit loads of stages on 2 sides of A4. I take them in those plastic pocket things rather than laminating, so you can fold them up. 

I was thinking A4 laminated then split into 3, would fit fri/sat/sun then can just use my phone for thursday. Main stages one side, late night the other