What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

8 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

any advice for the best walking socks for glastonbury? ones that keep my feet cool? dry? warm?

wanted to buy some today but wasnt sure. will be in water proof walking boots.

I’ve got a few pairs of 1000 miles socks and they’ve lasted me ages, still got them from my first Glastonbury in 2015 and I wear them all the time outside of the festival.

2 hours ago, curlylocks88 said:

Hello I am going for the first time.... walking boots (that give ankle support) or walking shoes (like the hiking trainers) - which do people think are the best bet?

Both waterproof 

The hiking boots give more ankle support but are bulkier to wear and hotter on my feet 

Hiking shoes are lighter but don't give the ankle support I think - I don't have any at the moment but might buy some like this if people think they are a good footwear option?

https://www.columbiasportswear.co.uk/p/womens-trailstorm-waterproof-walking-shoe-1938911.html?dwvar_1938911_color=317&dwvar_1938911_size=12&&mid=paidsearch&eid=Google+Adwords+UK&nid=&oid=&did=&gclid=CjwKCAjwuYWSBhByEiwAKd_n_ntV-R6rh4A8CWh0EP__dl2zP6GTrkqPzvAKqtB1oqyLDVUdD4KSCxoCDFQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds 

If you can possibly afford it, get both. That way you’re covered for either rain & mud with walking boots, or for heat and sunshine with shoes. 

If it has to be one or the other though then boots… But if it is a hot one then try to get them off a couple of times a day to let your feet breathe and dry out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

any advice for the best walking socks for glastonbury? ones that keep my feet cool? dry? warm?

I’ve used Bridgedale socks since I was a teenager, never had blisters on a walk yet. Always used liner socks FWIW. 

42 minutes ago, tarw said:

Have you tried an aeropress?  I find them much easier, less messy and better espresso/Americano than a molasses pot. Probably cheaper as well

Second this. We have also used french press mugs, a bit like this. But ours have lids.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zyliss-Hot-Mug-Cafetiere-Red/dp/B00DB4JY72/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=2OTZ44BD29AFK&keywords=coffee+filter+mug&qid=1648487859&sprefix=coffee+filter+mug%2Caps%2C486&sr=8-3

58 minutes ago, tarw said:

Have you tried an aeropress?  I find them much easier, less messy and better espresso/Americano than a molasses pot. Probably cheaper as well

I have but I dont have one. Already got the moka pot so saves buying a new one

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

If you can possibly afford it, get both. That way you’re covered for either rain & mud with walking boots, or for heat and sunshine with shoes. 

If it has to be one or the other though then boots… But if it is a hot one then try to get them off a couple of times a day to let your feet breathe and dry out.

I always take both but leave the boots, gaiters and waterproofs in the car. NFR NFC

• Upvote 1

Started looking at tents. I love my trusty old Eurohike but I think it might need retiring. It's never let me down, even in the very heaviest of rains so will probably go for another Eurohike. Currently have my eye on the Eurohike Cairns 3 DLX Nightfall 3 Person Dome Tent. 

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

The amount I go on about them you’d think I had a sponsorship deal, but I love the Sealskinz waterproof socks, with a Bamboo or expensive sports sock underneath. 

16 minutes ago, sime said:

Started looking at tents. I love my trusty old Eurohike but I think it might need retiring. It's never let me down, even in the very heaviest of rains so will probably go for another Eurohike. Currently have my eye on the Eurohike Cairns 3 DLX Nightfall 3 Person Dome Tent. 

Hello lovely, that tent looks great, fantastic price right now too. 
Charm x

https://www.blacks.co.uk/15986790/eurohike-cairns-3-dlx-nightfall-tent-15986790

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charm said:

Hello lovely, that tent looks great, fantastic price right now too. 
Charm x

https://www.blacks.co.uk/15986790/eurohike-cairns-3-dlx-nightfall-tent-15986790

Hey 🙂 Thank you for the link. The £64.00 offer price is VERY tempting...! x

Well, I hadn’t made any plans before yesterday as I really thought I wasn’t going to get a ticket. I was lucky enough too and I have done what I always do when I get a ticket sorted - I watch hours of ‘Glastonbury volgs’ on YouTube. They always really really get me into the mods and the excitement is through the roof! Gone from not even reply thinking about it (a way of self preservation in the face of potentially not being able to get tickets) to thinking about it constantly… it’s the only thing on my mind! Ah my gosh I really cannot wait now, it’s going to be glorious!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Olshansky said:

i just booked lunch on the thursday at the deluxe diner.  I've never had a meal there - looking forward to it! 

We’ve book a Sunday dinner there each year as a bit of a Glasto tradition. You won’t be disappointed 👌😋

Followed helpful recommendation from @incident in the Car v Coach thread. Booked Premier Inn next to Bristol Bus and Coach Station on Tuesday night and National Express at 6.00am the next morning to hopefully arrive around 7.15am.

We'll get train down from Manchester and see if we can blag a See Coach back to Manchester on the Monday otherwise shuttle bus to Temple Meads and train.

Like the idea of this better than doing all the driving both ways (it's just me and two teenagers, Mrs Kim stays at home) plus part of the night in the queue. 

Hoping to still get a central campsite ideally Big Ground or Webb's Ash.

1 hour ago, tumbles said:

I’m pondering a new 2/3 man tent.  Are the decathlon black out ones still rated? Looking at around £50-75 ish range 

Extremely highly rated. I bought the three man pop up tent (the big disc kind) in 2016, and it was (and still is) an absolute gamechanger. Instead of daylight streaming in at 6am and an oven-like temperature by 7am, it stays dark and cool all morning. Just getting an hour or two extra sleep is worth the extra outlay on its own.

I will say that, if I was looking to replace my current tent, it wouldn't necessarily go for the disc-shaped pop up version again. It's great once you're actually at the campsite, but it's a pain to carry in train stations and from the coach park and back. The size of it (an 80cm circle, I think) is just a little awkward. I think I'd go for the MH100 https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/3-person-blackout-poled-tent-mh100-fresh-black/_/R-p-313085?mc=8576111&c=BROWN_BEIGE (standard 3 person dome tent) for £65. There is also a new popup form factor which packs away into a similar size and shape as a regular tent, but that seems to cost twice as much as the 'basic' line. https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/2-person-blackout-pop-up-tent-2-seconds-easy-fresh-black/_/R-p-308355?mc=8553541&c=WHITE

1 hour ago, tumbles said:

I’m pondering a new 2/3 man tent.  Are the decathlon black out ones still rated? Looking at around £50-75 ish range 

3 hours ago, sime said:

If your going to do a few more festivals (or absolutely tons!) just spend the money. Good quality and the best sleep you will get - i cannot recommend them enough and nor can anyone else who has one. That one on blacks looks like a very good value cheap option though

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tumbles said:

They will genuinely add a couple of crucial extra hours of sleep to your festival. They're a god send.

Edited by TheDayman
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Olshansky said:

i just booked lunch on the thursday at the deluxe diner.  I've never had a meal there - looking forward to it! 

I've been there about 3 times.  It's always been very nice food and drink and tbh sometimes just being able to sit in a chair, eat at a table and drink from a glass can be really lovely. 

• Like 1