What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

yesterday i got in and out of my campervan just to prove i could get in and out. i struggle to get myself into or out of a car so that's a big thing and means i should be able to do festivals in my campervan.

Edited by Neil

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

yesterday i got in and out of my campervan just to prove i could get in and out. i struggle to get myself into or out of a car so that's a big thing and means i should be able to do festivals in my campervan.

Great news Neil. Hope Glastonbury can sort something out for you with your campervan.

37 minutes ago, Neil said:

Bloody awesome neil …

today I’ve been continuing to paint my suit with uv paints 🙂 

On 3/2/2022 at 10:30 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve got these and used it for one night and found it like a torture device ? What did you do that I didn’t ? 

That begs the question of what you did on it!

I've a Kampa Kip Wideboy 10cm on it, which in itself is a unit.

11 minutes ago, Pazzler said:

That begs the question of what you did on it!

I've a Kampa Kip Wideboy 10cm on it, which in itself is a unit.

Yeah I’m wondering that myself … think my camping mat wasn’t suitable I could feel the bars across my back .. it got ditched after 1 night 

On 2/21/2022 at 10:01 AM, Barneym said:

I get that coach every year we are going for 5.30 this year, I think 10 is very ambitious if you are on the 7am, think you will be nearer 11, although by that time you won’t have much of any queue to get in. Also fyi National Express from Victoria just have a queue system they don’t bother checking which coach you are technically on so I’d suggest getting there for at least 6.30 if you are wanting to be on the road by 7. 

Yeh, this.

for those going from Victoria, don't sweat too much - just get there in plenty of time and get in the Q - you should be on the road by the time your booking is for. 

I've bought several poles and windsocks from sky blue leisure (also for our campsite) very good but you need to anchor them well, the spike alone may not be enough.  The sections also tend to slide down inside each other so I gaffer tape the joints as well.

47 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Got my train ticket, arrive at castle cary for 10.25 so hoping the queue for shuttle bus won't be too long. Got there at 3pm in 2019 and had over 3 hour wait to get to the site.

Who is selling train fare already? Had been looking this last week and saw bookings only til mid may.

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Oh, fair enough. I charge the fuck out of my devices!

It just comes down to how much you use your phone more than anything. In 2017 I had a big battery pack and it lasted me the whole time cause I just had an iphone 8 which had decent battery life but didnt need insane charge time. But now with an 11 in my hand with the potential of a 13, its going to be much different. Cause that might last me a big longer and dont have to be concerned about charges too much. Also turn some location services and bluetooth off and that makes a difference.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

It just comes down to how much you use your phone more than anything. In 2017 I had a big battery pack and it lasted me the whole time cause I just had an iphone 8 which had decent battery life but didnt need insane charge time. But now with an 11 in my hand with the potential of a 13, its going to be much different. Cause that might last me a big longer and dont have to be concerned about charges too much. Also turn some location services and bluetooth off and that makes a difference.

Remember that although a charge lasts longer with the 11/13, it also takes more juice to fill one up.  It wouldn't surprise me if you use more power over the festival than before.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Yup, I use all the power saving options, limit CPU speed, turn bluetooth, NFC, location off. I really only use it to check secret Glasto, take photos and text friends for locations. I also turn it off over night. 

10 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Who is selling train fare already? Had been looking this last week and saw bookings only til mid may.

Great Western Railway. I booked via the GWR app.

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Registered, got my SID number and booked my online stewarding training in April. Yeah, I'm going to Glastonbury 2022...

Out of upvotes but that's top bombing fella!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

Great Western Railway. I booked via the GWR app.

Hmmm, ok. I had just been checking online and waiting for the dates to open up. I guess the app has it different. Cheers

20 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Remember that although a charge lasts longer with the 11/13, it also takes more juice to fill one up.  It wouldn't surprise me if you use more power over the festival than before.

Yeah it wouldnt shock me if that was the case. I had my 11 at a festival last year and I had a pretty good amount of battery left at the end of the day with some fair amount of use taking pictures and such. Coachella will be a better gauge to see how the phone performs when I know I will have zero phone reception for half the day. Thats the true test cause your phone will search for signal and that kills the battery more than  anything else. The Pyramid Stage is a really bad spot for that if you need to try and text somebody. I also didnt take as many photos or videos in 2017 as I normally am accustomed to with stuff. Worst case Ill get my battery pack charged on Friday and thatll at ensure I get through the weekend. 

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Hmmm, ok. I had just been checking online and waiting for the dates to open up. I guess the app has it different. Cheers

Yeah it wouldnt shock me if that was the case. I had my 11 at a festival last year and I had a pretty good amount of battery left at the end of the day with some fair amount of use taking pictures and such. Coachella will be a better gauge to see how the phone performs when I know I will have zero phone reception for half the day. Thats the true test cause your phone will search for signal and that kills the battery more than  anything else. The Pyramid Stage is a really bad spot for that if you need to try and text somebody. I also didnt take as many photos or videos in 2017 as I normally am accustomed to with stuff. Worst case Ill get my battery pack charged on Friday and thatll at ensure I get through the weekend. 

You should be able to book for June through the website (and therefore the app and Trainline etc) but they don’t have the timetable confirmed for then atm so all that’s available are the expensive fully flexible tickets. 

The reason it currently says book up to 14 May on the website is that’s the last day of the current timetables so they can offer guaranteed train reservations and cheaper advance fares up til then. 

30 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

You should be able to book for June through the website (and therefore the app and Trainline etc) but they don’t have the timetable confirmed for then atm so all that’s available are the expensive fully flexible tickets. 

The reason it currently says book up to 14 May on the website is that’s the last day of the current timetables so they can offer guaranteed train reservations and cheaper advance fares up til then. 

The cheap fares become available 12 weeks ahead of travel 

23 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

The cheap fares become available 12 weeks ahead of travel 

Normally yeah, but probably worth noting that’s gone to pot during covid. (Well, on the WCML at least…). Mostly depends when they get the June timetable confirmed. 

4 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

fantastic news buddy , look forward to meeting you ON THE FARM ! 🙂

I'M NOT SURE I'M GOING UNTIL I FIND OUT WHETHER MY CAMEWRVAN CAN GET IN THE ACCESSIBLE FIELD IF IT DOESN'T I'M NOT SURE I CAN DO IT.